Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Brainstorming for how to get the message boards more active!

I think many of us noticed the thread started by @itscarin titled Are the message boards dead? .  I'd like to have BICers brainstorm ways for us to make it more active again.  There are so many great people on here, and I think we could all use some more ways to engage with each other.  BIC is about beauty, but it's also about friendship.  Please consider this a place to post ideas about how we can inspire more conversations.

best-online-beauty-1588184589.jpg

Here are some ideas that I humbly offer to get us started:

-post on an older thread and revive it (some ones I like are  CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY )

-start a challenge (a la the 💕😌 Mask of the Week Challenge 😌💖 or 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge )

-start a new thread (remember the seasonal threads like  ?  Or, what about brand threads that we don't have yet?  I believe we're missing a Paula's Choice thread -- especially since it's now carried at Sephora.  Or, what about a thread devoted to all the celebrity beauty brands for us to chat on?)

-reach out to BICers that you haven't seen post in a while

-set a BIC goal for posting or reviews and see where it takes you.  (I know I'd like to post more pics of hauls, but never do.)

Re: Brainstorming for how to get the message boards more active!

@Ispend2much6 Yes, I think a personal challenge idea is excellent!  🙂 🙂 🙂

@Ispend2much6 @You know I see Sephora mods posting topics like “x challenge” or “show me your y looks” or “what’s on your wishlist”?   I might comment on them from time to time but in a way they’re very unappealing to me because they just come across as very inorganic.  I also feel like I had more of a personal connection with previous mods.  

@itscarin  I liked the fall challenge that's going on, and there was another one recently that was fun but I can't remember what it was.  I think online relationships can be really tricky. It's easy to miscommunicate.  For me it is anyway.  I can't think of a better word, but they're very "different" from real life. 

@greeneyedgirl107  I agree. I love all your ideas. I usually stick to a few threads and I will definitely start to look at others. I think we can also maybe start new threads. I may need some time to think and brainstorm things that would keep interest in the boards. 

@ather Thanks for weighing in and helping out!  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

@greeneyedgirl107 I think Sephora might need to change their rewards program again to make it more appealing. A lot of Rouge customers are unhappy and are shopping elsewhere. 

@SportyGirly125 I think this is a huge, huge factor. There has been a kind of rumbling dissatisfaction with the rewards program for awhile now and I think that translates to less engagement here.

@SportyGirly125 💯 this. I’ve already spent over $1200 at ulta but can’t tell you what I’ve spent at Sephora.  Not knowing what I’ve spent at Sephora just goes to show how little I pay attention to the Sephora loyalty program. 

I know getting e-mail notifications for tags can be hit or miss, but I'd like to tag some BICers that posted on Are the message boards dead? for their input.  🙂

@pocketvenus @jen81 @alexasteph @ather @sprocketta @quspork @LCResz @WinglessOne @Titian06 @Kim888 @Loretta55 @txcatx @Ispend2much6 @faeriegirl @curlychiquita @SportyGirly125 @blackkitty2014 @tjffc @CookieGirl1 

@greeneyedgirl107 I never get email notifications anymore about being tagged or if I received a PM on BIC, however when I do sign in I’ll see a little red dot indicating I’ve been tagged in a post, but I have to remember to sign in in the first place 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

I miss the fun posts that allowed for more community building, like the question of the day or throwback topics to encourage new and older members alike to bond and become a stronger community through shared interests.

Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • best-online-beauty-1588184589.jpg
  • 53CBA873-3740-4934-BDCB-22CBB8517614.jpeg
  • BE69DBBC-56B4-43F8-BC6A-EC85A66B3ADB.jpeg
  • C2DA6E19-F8B7-45E4-AEFA-719BB1644064.jpeg
  • pomegranate-cake.jpg
testing