Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Black Friday 2013

I usually don't do the whole Black Friday thing, but last year I got really lucky and got the one last gift I needed for my daughter (much later in the day, I might add) on sale.

I'm thinking about going out this year for a couple things and want to know if anyone knows what the scoop is on Black Friday deals this year. I just saw that Old Navy is giving away a million bucks to one lucky person this year (out of the first 500 in line at EVERY store - seems like QUITE a long shot!). Does Sephora usually have good sales? What madhouses do you girls plan on making an appearance to (if any) this year?

Re: Black Friday 2013

I don't remember Sephora having much of a Black Friday sale. I usually camp out for a few hours for the midnight opening at Best Buy and from there go to Macy's. This year I don't need any tech, so I'll wait for leaked ads and go from there.  Have to say though I have a weakness for boots Smiley Happy

I think Sephora usually has a few Black Friday sets that are limited quantity... usually near the entrance if you go to the store.  None of them really appealed to me last year.

I can't handle it.  I suffer from way to much anxiety for that sort of thing. Plus, I can't stand to see the worst of the worst it can bring out in humanity.  It breaks my heart for us as a species.

I am much more a cyber monday type of girl!

Ditto nebel, there would not be enough prescribed anti-axiety pills for that kind of craziness, I shop at home, I have a disease and can get vertigo where the room spins at anytime and have gone deaf but have Bone Attached Hearing aids, so ya, no driving especially since I moved to a tiny college town in Ohio from Austin, Texas.  The sephora stand alone is real far, and they don't have what I want at the JCP ones. 

The one time I camped out was yearrrrrrs ago and it was really just to keep friends company. I didn't need anything and they wanted to hit up Best Buy (one of the girls had her bf working there that year) so we went in a small group. I packed blankets, made some thermoses of hot tea and coffee, and brought snacks. The line wrapped around the store to a Panera where we luckily got to just sit at a table with chairs rather than the concrete. We relaxed and snacked. Smiley Happy

It's nuts that as the years go on, Black Friday is more like "Black afternoon of Thanksgiving". Some places are opening at 5 PM Thanksgiving night this year, last year it was 8 PM.

yah i think that's pretty ridiculous...i mean can't they just be closed all of thanksgiving!!  open at 6am on black friday or something...it's crazy

Last year I went out around 8 am to get a new coat.  I was heading to Canada the Sunday after Thanksgiving and needed to pick up a new winter coat.  I ended up getting a nice wool and leather coat and a quilted coat for $69 for both.  That was less than one at full price.  

Cyber Monday Smiley Happy online shopping for me!!!!

I used to work retail and hated Black Friday. I avoid any type of store on Black Friday. And a lot of those so called "deals" are limited (only 5 TV's available at advertised price). I rather shop on-line for Black Friday & Cyber Monday. 

I can't deal with the crowds, so I do my Black Friday shopping online -- Amazon and Sephora are the ones I look out for. Sometimes later in the afternoon (when the hardcore crowds have died down a bit) I'll head to Target and see if I can find anything good. 

I never camp, but I always go later that day, after the madness has settled down

Yeah, I'm with you gals for the most part. If I find somewhere that has the main gifts I need to buy for a seriously discounted price, I'll probably make an attempt but if not, there's no point at all. I can't stand large crowds & being around people who push and shove and don't say excuse me.. kind of infuriates me lol. I try to stick to cyber Monday if at all possible too.

I work on Black Fridays, but not until 10 in the morning, so I usually stay up and snag any online door busters I cannot live without.  I don't enjoy fighting for purchases, and I'm not going to wait an hour to check out.  I usually watch Target, Walmart, Amazon, Sephora, Ulta, and any other sites that have already advertised something on a list.  I prefer my pjs over the public any day.  Smiley Wink

Last year, Sephora had a decent selection of $10 deals, both online and in store. I found a picture of last year's deals, in case you were wondering what kind of deals they have.

upload_4738953394441689499.jpg

Whoa thanks for posting that, wow, those are awesome for $10!!!! I will keep my eye out, I am new to the facebook page.

I might have to pick up that Too Faced kit! You can't beat $10, and I've wanted to try the chocolate Soleil bronzer for a while now but didn't want a full size, that set is perfect!

where have you found the $10 items?

Everyone realizes these are from last year right? Beethousand stated it was last year but I'm not sure everyone understood. 

Wonder what they will have for this year Smiley Happy  Wish that Tokyomilk set was still around Smiley Wink

I'm a tech geek, so my Black Friday's are usually reserved for online shopping(NewEgg/Amazon-oh YEA!!). The only place I've ever been to is Best Buy to grab random electronics & games. This year I MAY venture into Macy's and Sephora. MAYBE.

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • upload_4738953394441689499.jpg