Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Birchbox?

I am interested in becomming a Birchbox member.  I like most of the brands they have to offer, and I think it will be so fun to get a box of minis every month.  However...my husband is nervous they will charge for random things or make it difficult to quit.  Could you all tell me your experience with this company?

Thanks!

Re: Birchbox?

maybe try Ipsy glam bag? I signed up last month and have liked it so far. Ive heard nothing but not-so-great reviews about Birchbox

I've recently become a subscriber to birchbox and to Ipsy. I haven't gotten my first glam bag yet (it should be coming soon!) but I've received two birchboxes so far. I actually have enjoyed everything I've gotten in my boxes. They have added an option on your profile to notify them if you are not a huge fan of fragrance so they will send you less fragrance samples. So far neither of my boxes have had any. I've received minis of CC cream, sunscreen, hair detangler, a couple of lip products, primer, nail polish/files, and a face scrub. All of them were deluxe samples. The only packet samples I got were birch box "extras" in my most recent box of two different body creams. I really dig that they let you review the items in your box for points that are redeemable for cash to go toward full sized products. I've already gotten a $30+ Supergoop CC cream for around $13 and have a few other products on my shopping list to buy. The company seems to be improving continuously with their customer service and responds to issues promptly. Also, no funny charges or anything on my account that I've seen. I guess we'll see if this continues to be the trend!

as far as my experiences go, they didn't charge for random things just the 10$ a month for the box, and actually i ended up unsubscribing but the process was not that difficult. alot of people such as me and my friends ended up unsubscribing because they were sending too small of samples to see the actual effect it would make, personally the birchbox samples just ended up in a bag in my room. my personal favorite is the popsugar box, it is 35$ which is expensive but they send you 8 or 9 full sized items each month, including full hard cover books, food and accessories such as jewelry and scarfs.  

I really like my Birchbox! They just updated their website too. Now you can make it even more personalized, like if you don't like perfume samples you can click not to get them. I also really like the fact that you get to review the products that  you get in your box and then you get points that you can save up and it takes money off of your order. I got a Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in one of my boxes and I fell in love with it, it's $38 and I will get it basically for $8 because of the point system. They always take out the money on the first of the month, and I have never had them randomly just take out money. My only issue is sometimes the samples are pretty small. Other then that I have had my box for well over a year now, and I don't plan on cancelling anytime soon.

ok ... what's a birchbox?

Spoiler

It's a monthly subscription box. This box in particular includes: makeup, hair care, skin care, and lifestyle items.

Conversation Stats