Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2023 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This thread is created for us to share in the enjoyment of the winter holiday season.  Let's make some merriment.  Post as often as you'd like, and feel free to offer your own prompts.

813v7kbTxdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

December 1: How will you incorporate pink into the season?

December 2: What's the first thing you do to kick off winter?

December 3: What holiday nail trend would you love to try?

December 4: What fashion are you into right now?  Do you prefer old stand-bys, or are there new trends this year that have caught your eye?

December 5: Winter scents!  What EDTs are you wearing?  What candles are you burning?  What other scents say "holiday" to you?

December 6: Ornaments aren't just for the tree!  What hair ornaments are you wearing, or would you like to wear?  And of course what type do you like on the tree?

December 7: Shades of blue and white: how do these colors inspire you for Hanukkah, or in general this time of year?  

images.jpe

December 8: What are you shopping for the most...and who are you buying for?

December 9: Christmas music!  Sound off on all your favorites...and the ones that make you cringe.  And tell us about any new tunes that you've discovered - even if it's a version from yesteryear.

December 10: What's your decorating style?   Or, is there a style that you swoon over?  Conversely, what decorating just isn't your cup of tea?

December 11: If you could pull one awesome beauty gift out of a grab bag, what would it be?

December 12: For all you foodies: what do you indulge in this time of year?  What do you bake?  Where do you like to go out to eat?  Who cooks the best?

December 13: Post a winter/holiday meme.  

December 14: What winter activities would you like to partake in?

images (1).jpe

December 15: If you were an elf on the shelf, where would you be?  What would you give...and to whom?

December 16: Do you know any Grinches?  What do you think of the shade "Grinch green?"

December 17: Favorite holiday movie (or TV) characters?  It could be a lead, or an obscure character.

December 18: Dish on greeting cards!  The good, the bad, and the boring.  And don't forget the little touches like stamps, stickers, etc.

December 19: Jewels, jewels and more jewels.  Do you want jewelry this year?  What pieces fill you with wonder?  Do you have go-to items that you wear this time of year?

December 20: What kind of wrapping paper or gift bags do you prefer?  Give us detail!  Color, prints, tissue paper...

December 21: Favorite flora and fauna this time of year?

December 22: What holiday phrase best describes you?  (Merry and bright?  Joyful and triumphant?  Frosty?!)

December 23: The twelve days of Christmas: what beauty items would be in your version?

December 24: What are your ideal stocking stuffers?  Candy, nuts, beauty, toys, diamonds...

fe1c4cd53fe23c844783a20e54d725fc.jpg 

December 25: Shades of red and green: how does this inspire you for Christmas, or in general this time of year?

December 26: If you could have a vault of any beauty brand, what would it be and why?

December 27: What's a good drink on a cold winter's night...or on a warm winter's morning?  There are so many hot chocolate flavors these days - which ones sound good?

December 28: What cold weather beauty tips/hacks can you share?

December 29: What will you be returning?

December 30: What BIC threads did you frequent this year?

images (2).jpe

December 31: Cheers!  What will you be toasting to?  Best drink to ring in the new year?

January 1: What do you think your first beauty purchase of the year will be?

EXTRA promptsI'll post these are they come to me.  Here are some quick ideas:

What toys do you see on the shelves that you secretly want to get for yourself?

If you could have a celebrity Secret Santa, who you want to do it with?

Any faux fur decorations or fashion?

QUICK PICKS:

Holiday heels or boots?

Vintage or modern decor?

Bows or ribbons?

Icicles or snowflakes?

Re: BIC's 2023 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

January 1:  what do you think your first beauty purchase will be?

Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil Taupe 

Happy New Year, BIC!

Thanks for another fun holiday thread

January 1: What do you think your first beauty purchase of the year will be?  I always start the year out on a no/low buy.  If I purchase anything during the next few months, it should only a necessity.  

December 31: Cheers! What will you be toasting to? Best drink to ring in the new year?

Toasting with champagne to a healthy, fun , and hopeful new year.

Happy New Year, everyone!

December 31: Cheers!  What will you be toasting to?  Best drink to ring in the new year?  I don't stay up for the new year.  It comes whether I'm awake or not.

@Titian06 so true, I don't either.  I live in the mountain time zone so I celebrate the east coast midnight and then go to bed.  I call it "fake New Year's".

December 30: What BIC threads did you frequent this year?

The monthly favorites, the monthly misses, the fun holiday treads like this one, show me your nails (super jealous of everyone's beautiful nails, mine break to easily), and what are you wearing today.  

Dec 16 - I guess that we all know a grinch of some kind. I think that grinch green and Kelly green are similar.

Dec 17 - My favorite character in a Christmas show would be Fred Flinstone when he filled in for Santa Claus. I still get a chill watching him.

Dec 18 - Sorry I don’t care for exchanging Christmas cards.

Dec 19 - The only jewelry I wear at the moment is my wedding ring, my engagement ring, my birthstone ring, stud earrings and my Apple Watch.

Dec 20 - I like gift bags because I can not wrap presents well.

Dec 21 - I don’t have any plants because when I had my cat I had to hide them.

Dec 22 - What holiday phrase describes me would be can we fast forward to Easter because I dislike winter.

Dec 23 - I really need to think about this.

Dec 24 - Diamonds would be a dream but lip products and makeup pencils would always be appreciated.

Dec 25 - I really like a red and green combination anytime of the year. I wore NARS Powermatte High-Intensity Long-Lasting Lip Pencil Cruella - 185 to work on Christmas and nobody told me that my Cupid’s bow had bled.

Dec 26 - I would not mind receiving a vault of Murad skincare products.

Dec 27 - I enjoy drinking a cup of my Smart Sips coffee in either Chocolate Amaretto or Banana Cream with milk and sweet n low.

Dec 28 - Cold weather top is to moisturize!

Dec 29 - I plan on returning some pants that I have outgrown. As I stated earlier, I am on a weight loss journey and some pants that I purchased in October are too big.

Dec 30 - I frequented the haul threads during the year which has been bad for my wallet.

Dec 31 - I should be sleeping when the New Year begins because I will be working for the next four days.

Jan 1 - I will probably purchase something from the sale section to get the New Year started. I will opt for same day delivery.

I’m quite behind but I would like to start with the item that my friend posted on Instagram.

IMG_1599.png

Too funny and too true, @Loretta55 ! 🤣

December 29:  what will you be returning?

Nothing (yay!)

December 27: What's a good drink on a cold winter's night...or on a warm winter's morning?  There are so many hot chocolate flavors these days - which ones sound good?  

Stash Pumpkin Spice Chai. 

Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa.

I stay inside.

December 29: What will you be returning?  

Nothing to return.

I am trying to catch up

December 23: The twelve days of Christmas: what beauty items would be in your version

12 sheet masks

11 nail polishes

10 makeup brushes

9 skincare products

8 lipsticks

7 haircare products

6 new perfumes

5 Eyeshadow palettes

4 sunscreens

3 eyeliners

2 blushes

1 dream mascara that does it all

December 24: What are your ideal stocking stuffers?  Candy, nuts, beauty, toys, diamonds...

Diamonds would be fun but not  what I would expect.  

December 25: Shades of red and green: how does this inspire you for Christmas, or in general this time of year?

i like blue,white  and silver better

December 26: If you could have a vault of any beauty brand, what would it be and why?

Tatcha , their products work incredibly well for my skin type

I love peppermint hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream.  I also love the European drinking chocolate straight with nothing accompanying it.

A humidifier in your bedroom is a must in the winter. 

I'm going to post the rest now since I'll be working.

December 25: Shades of red and green: how does this inspire you for Christmas, or in general this time of year? They don't. Except red lips and I want to paint my room a green color.

December 26: If you could have a vault of any beauty brand, what would it be and why? Ooh that's tough. I think I'd do with Bite because I really miss those lipsticks. Not that I need anymore.

December 27: What's a good drink on a cold winter's night...or on a warm winter's morning?  There are so many hot chocolate flavors these days - which ones sound good?  Mexican Hot Chocolate is the BEST!!!

December 28: What cold weather beauty tips/hacks can you share? Stay inside.

December 29: What will you be returning? Nothing. 

December 30: What BIC threads did you frequent this year? A Year of Beauty- Photography Challenge- Year 2 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge 💖 100 Shades of Eyeliner 🌈 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge Pan It! - 2023 Challenge and Re: Empties - V2 I also liked peaking in on the Show Me Your Nails 2.0 

December 31: Cheers!  What will you be toasting to?  Best drink to ring in the new year? To where my photography journey takes me next year! Dr Pepper.

January 1: What do you think your first beauty purchase of the year will be? Hmm...probably a perfume or something skin care.

December 25: Shades of red and green: how does this inspire you for Christmas, or in general this time of year?  I agree with @caitbird .  I like this color combination; but it's too strongly associated with Christmas to wear it other times of the year.

December 26: If you could have a vault of any beauty brand, what would it be and why?  Probably Dior.  I love the products I have; this would allow me to add to my collection.

Oh man, I have gotten very behind in posting to this fun thread! I can't believe Christmas is already here!

December 14: What winter activities would you like to partake in? Someday I think I'd like to try ice skating again; I did it a couple of times as a kid, but not for many years.

December 15: If you were an elf on the shelf, where would you be?  What would you give...and to whom? I would hang out on the mantel over the woodstove, where it's nice and warm, and I would give little chocolates and hand warmers to anyone who wanted some.

December 16: Do you know any Grinches?  What do you think of the shade "Grinch green?" My grandmother is probably the closest person I know to being a bit "Grinchy" - she never really got into the holiday and used to take down the tree first thing in the morning the day after Christmas when my mom and her siblings were kids. Thankfully my mom is more laid back lol. Grinch green is not my favorite shade, but I like it okay.

December 17: Favorite holiday movie (or TV) characters?  It could be a lead, or an obscure character. Charlie Brown and friends! We used to watch the Peanuts Christmas special every year when my brother and I were kids.

December 18: Dish on greeting cards!  The good, the bad, and the boring.  And don't forget the little touches like stamps, stickers, etc. I love greeting cards of all kinds, both sending and receiving! I usually choose ones that are pretty non-denominational and feature animals or nature scenes. And it's nice to get photo cards from family and friends with kids, those are always cute. This year a few of us from BIC are doing a holiday card exchange coordinated by @greeneyedgirl107 , which I'm very excited about!

December 19: Jewels, jewels and more jewels.  Do you want jewelry this year?  What pieces fill you with wonder?  Do you have go-to items that you wear this time of year? I love jewelry and accessories of all kinds, but until recently I didn't have any Christmas jewelry. This year I decided I wanted something special I could wear for the holiday, so I found a couple cute pairs of Christmas cat earrings on etsy.

20231222_140751_capture-01.jpeg

(Frida was very interested as you can see lol)

20231222_140536_capture-01.jpeg

(These ones have little jingle bells, which is fun!)

December 20: What kind of wrapping paper or gift bags do you prefer?  Give us detail!  Color, prints, tissue paper... Everyone in my family loves dogs, so for the past several years every December I will buy one or two new rolls of dog-themed holiday wrapping paper to use for gifts for family. I also like to buy pretty ribbons of all colors whenever I find some, so I have quite a collection to choose from now.

December 21: Favorite flora and fauna this time of year? You can't go wrong with the classics of holly and poinsettias! When it comes to winter wildlife I always think of dark-eyed juncos, which migrate down from Canada to where I live every winter. They are cute little birds! And of course, Northern cardinals are pretty much the classic Christmas bird (I am wearing my cardinal sweater today, in fact).

December 22: What holiday phrase best describes you?  (Merry and bright?  Joyful and triumphant?  Frosty?!) I guess "peace on earth, goodwill toward [all]", since that is what I wish for everyone during this holiday and all year.

December 23: The twelve days of Christmas: what beauty items would be in your version?

1. Milani Supercharged Dewy Skin Primer
2. Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 
3. Youthforia BYO Color-changing Blush Oil
4. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum 

5. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter Enlighten 
6. Peach and Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum
7. Glossier Stretch Concealer for Dewy Buildable Coverage Very Light 2 
8. I'm From Rice Cream
9. Milani Highly Rated Anti-Gravity Mascara
10. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo 
11. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Liquid Touch Concealer Brush 
12. Danessa Myricks Beauty Lightwork V: I Am Palette For Eyes And Face 

December 24: What are your ideal stocking stuffers?  Candy, nuts, beauty, toys, diamonds... chocolates, socks, and fancy soaps!

December 25: Shades of red and green: how does this inspire you for Christmas, or in general this time of year? I love red and green as a color combination, but I sometimes wish it wasn't so strongly associated with Christmas so that I could wear it other times of the year too!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate! I hope you have a happy and restful day! 🎄

@caitbird - I love the cat earrings!  Too cute! 💖🐾🐈

@Berkeley123  these are some great choices!

December 20: What kind of wrapping paper or gift bags do you prefer?  Give us detail!  Color, prints, tissue paper...  For wrapping paper I like them themed, one year I had lipsticks, Five Nights at Freddy's, Nightmare Before Christmas. This year is just plaid lol. Gift bags I like ones with cute animals on them. 

December 21: Favorite flora and fauna this time of year?  Lily of the Valley and Snowdrops.

December 22: What holiday phrase best describes you?  (Merry and bright?  Joyful and triumphant?  Frosty?!) Frosty lol. Scrooge. ( Cause I'm always cranky)

December 23: The twelve days of Christmas: what beauty items would be in your version? Oh your gonna make me have to think. In no particular order-

1. SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Charcoal Nose Strip 1 Mask 
  2. Kaja Lip Bento Balm + Scrub 
  3. Ami Colé Lid Joy Matte Liquid Eyeshadow St. Louis 
  4. Yves Saint Laurent Lash Clash Extreme Volume Mascara Electric Blue 
  5. PATRICK TA Major Headlines Double-Take Crème & Powder Blush Duo  She's Blushing
  6. PATRICK TA Dual Ended Blush Brush 
  7. NARS Afterglow Lip Balm Wicked Ways 
  8. Touchland Power Mist Hydrating Hand Sanitizer Value Set 
  9. FORVR Mood Mini Candle Gift Set- Your Sign To Shine 
  10. 5 SENS Discovery Perfume Set 
  11. Jo Malone London Wild Bluebell Candle 7 oz/200g 
  12. PAT McGRATH LABS MTHRSHP Bijoux Brilliance: Starstruck Splendor Full Face Palette 

December 24: What are your ideal stocking stuffers?  Candy, nuts, beauty, toys, diamonds... Candy, Toys, Misc little things.

459 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos37
  • 813v7kbTxdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
  • images.jpe
  • images (1).jpe
  • fe1c4cd53fe23c844783a20e54d725fc.jpg
  • images (2).jpe
  • IMG_7410.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 2.32.12 AM.png
  • IMG_7425.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20231203_012815.jpg