Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2023 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This thread is created for us to share in the enjoyment of the winter holiday season.  Let's make some merriment.  Post as often as you'd like, and feel free to offer your own prompts.

813v7kbTxdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

December 1: How will you incorporate pink into the season?

December 2: What's the first thing you do to kick off winter?

December 3: What holiday nail trend would you love to try?

December 4: What fashion are you into right now?  Do you prefer old stand-bys, or are there new trends this year that have caught your eye?

December 5: Winter scents!  What EDTs are you wearing?  What candles are you burning?  What other scents say "holiday" to you?

December 6: Ornaments aren't just for the tree!  What hair ornaments are you wearing, or would you like to wear?  And of course what type do you like on the tree?

December 7: Shades of blue and white: how do these colors inspire you for Hanukkah, or in general this time of year?  

images.jpe

December 8: What are you shopping for the most...and who are you buying for?

December 9: Christmas music!  Sound off on all your favorites...and the ones that make you cringe.  And tell us about any new tunes that you've discovered - even if it's a version from yesteryear.

December 10: What's your decorating style?   Or, is there a style that you swoon over?  Conversely, what decorating just isn't your cup of tea?

December 11: If you could pull one awesome beauty gift out of a grab bag, what would it be?

December 12: For all you foodies: what do you indulge in this time of year?  What do you bake?  Where do you like to go out to eat?  Who cooks the best?

December 13: Post a winter/holiday meme.  

December 14: What winter activities would you like to partake in?

images (1).jpe

December 15: If you were an elf on the shelf, where would you be?  What would you give...and to whom?

December 16: Do you know any Grinches?  What do you think of the shade "Grinch green?"

December 17: Favorite holiday movie (or TV) characters?  It could be a lead, or an obscure character.

December 18: Dish on greeting cards!  The good, the bad, and the boring.  And don't forget the little touches like stamps, stickers, etc.

December 19: Jewels, jewels and more jewels.  Do you want jewelry this year?  What pieces fill you with wonder?  Do you have go-to items that you wear this time of year?

December 20: What kind of wrapping paper or gift bags do you prefer?  Give us detail!  Color, prints, tissue paper...

December 21: Favorite flora and fauna this time of year?

December 22: What holiday phrase best describes you?  (Merry and bright?  Joyful and triumphant?  Frosty?!)

December 23: The twelve days of Christmas: what beauty items would be in your version?

December 24: What are your ideal stocking stuffers?  Candy, nuts, beauty, toys, diamonds...

fe1c4cd53fe23c844783a20e54d725fc.jpg 

December 25: Shades of red and green: how does this inspire you for Christmas, or in general this time of year?

December 26: If you could have a vault of any beauty brand, what would it be and why?

December 27: What's a good drink on a cold winter's night...or on a warm winter's morning?  There are so many hot chocolate flavors these days - which ones sound good?

December 28: What cold weather beauty tips/hacks can you share?

December 29: What will you be returning?

December 30: What BIC threads did you frequent this year?

images (2).jpe

December 31: Cheers!  What will you be toasting to?  Best drink to ring in the new year?

January 1: What do you think your first beauty purchase of the year will be?

EXTRA promptsI'll post these are they come to me.  Here are some quick ideas:

What toys do you see on the shelves that you secretly want to get for yourself?

If you could have a celebrity Secret Santa, who you want to do it with?

Any faux fur decorations or fashion?

QUICK PICKS:

Holiday heels or boots?

Vintage or modern decor?

Bows or ribbons?

Icicles or snowflakes?

Re: BIC's 2023 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

Dec 9- I enjoy some of the old Christmas tunes like Rocking Around the Christmas Tree, Jingle Bell Rock, Last Christmas are the ones that come to mind quickly. I have a dancing Santa toy that plays Jingle Bell Rock that I got for my son when he was younger. I am enjoying the new video that Brenda Lee made for Rocking Around the Christmas Tree with her family. She looks great at 78 years old.

Dec 10- I donโ€™t decorate for Christmas or any other holidays.

December 6: Ornaments aren't just for the tree!  What hair ornaments are you wearing, or would you like to wear?  And of course what type do you like on the tree? No hair ornaments. I like retro ones, that my family has always had. Maybe a new one each year. 

December 7: Shades of blue and white: how do these colors inspire you for Hanukkah, or in general this time of year?   White is one of my favorite colors so it's always inspiring me. I need more blue food in my life. I'm obsessed with blue drinks and things like that.

December 8: What are you shopping for the most...and who are you buying for? Corgi stuff for my sister inlaw and superman stuff for my brother.

December 9: Christmas music!  Sound off on all your favorites...and the ones that make you cringe.  And tell us about any new tunes that you've discovered - even if it's a version from yesteryear. I detest Christmas Music. Except Dominick the Donkey.

December 10: What's your decorating style?   Or, is there a style that you swoon over?  Conversely, what decorating just isn't your cup of tea? Eclectic. No rhyme or rhythm just random things we like. I also have a strong attachment to the decorations we had when I was a child. 

December 10: What's your decorating style?   Or, is there a style that you swoon over?  Conversely, what decorating just isn't your cup of tea?  I don't decorate.

December 9: Christmas music!  Sound off on all your favorites...and the ones that make you cringe.  And tell us about any new tunes that you've discovered - even if it's a version from yesteryear.

admittedly I donโ€™t like Christmas music, although im

1000000% a Christmas girly, and itโ€™s my fave time of year! That being saidโ€ฆ I canโ€™t deny that All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey does get a decent amount of air time while making cookies or wrapping presents! Itโ€™s in the rotation for sure hahaha

Same! I love Christmas playlists for doing Christmas chores. ๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ @cianni it just is so spirit lifting. 

@cianni I think it was my local radio station that said Mariah Carey is the one person who figured out how to work just six weeks a year and earn more than enough in those six weeks to have the rest of the year off. ๐Ÿคช

@JoSometimes itโ€™s so true!! I see her promo videos right before the song starts being โ€œin seasonโ€, and I think sheโ€™s doing a holiday campaign for Victoriaโ€™s Secret right now. All off a song from the 90s

@JoSometimes @cianni 

I'm that co worker. I have my portable speaker and I sneak up to the work station of a friend that can't stand Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas and I periodically will of course play it from my phone to the speaker I hid somewhere in her station. Usually it results in all of us starting to sing it with my friend just shaking her head at the rest of us. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@CynthieLu The shenanigans weโ€™d get up to if we worked togetherโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve done some pretty crazy things at work too. ๐Ÿคฃ

@JoSometimes @CynthieLu eventually sheโ€™ll cave, you canโ€™t deny itโ€™s catchy!!

@cianni @CynthieLu If you want something else thatโ€™s catchy, check out Pentatonix feat. Tori Kelly - Winter Wonderland/Donโ€™t Worry, Be Happy. That song has been stuck in my head all day and Iโ€™m not mad about it. ๐ŸŽถ

December 8: What are you shopping for the most...and who are you buying for?

Mostly shopping for in-laws, hubby has a huge family whereas I only have 5 people to shop for in mine. This year, mostly everyone's getting gift cards - adults are so hard to shop for because they basically buy whatever they want LOL. I did manage to pick up a pair of Nike "from" hubby to me today while out shopping for others, although I won't wear them till Christmas. And I always get the fragrance sampler sets for my girlfriends. 

I'm not a huge Christmas music person but I do like some of the classics like Winter Wonderland, Silent Night, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. And I agree, I think Mariah Carey is overrated for Christmas. 

@AznAngelLiz Ooh I forgot about Silent Night, I like that one too.

I do love Christmas music but there are a few I don't like including Grandma got run over by a Reindeer, The Christmas Shoes, and the 12 pains of Christmas (not sure of the real title).

Favorites include The Christmas Tree Farm, Holiday Party, You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch,and  Disco Santa.

@CorgiMommy Disco Santa? I'm going to have to remember to look that one up.

@Samtian it is a parody of Village People songs

December 8: What are you shopping for the most...and who are you buying for?  If you mean Christmas shopping, I don't Christmas shop.

December 9: Christmas music!  Sound off on all your favorites...and the ones that make you cringe.  And tell us about any new tunes that you've discovered - even if it's a version from yesteryear.. I like rock and alternative Christmas music such as Father Christmas by The Kinks and Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses.

I intensly dislike Mariah Carey.

@Titian06 calling her the Queen of Christmas is ridiculous 

I LOVE Christmas music. Hereโ€™s a snippet of my playlist.

1. The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride
  2. Michael Buble - Itโ€™s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
  3. Celine Dion - O Holy Night
  4. Brenda Lee - Rockinโ€™ Around The Christmas Tree
  5. Clay Aiken & Kimberly Locke - Silver Bells
  6. Michael Buble - All I Want For Christmas Is You
  7. Pentatonix feat. Tori Kelli - Winter Wonderland/Donโ€™t Worry, Be Happy
  8. Ingrid Michaelson - A Marshmallow World
  9. Ruben Studard - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
  10. Boney M - Maryโ€™s Boy Child

And one that I have a love/hate relationship with is Camilla Cabello - Iโ€™ll Be Home For Christmas. I LOVE the latinx arrangement. I think itโ€™s beautiful with the guitars and the background vocals supporting her.  Iโ€™ll put my reason for not liking it in a spoiler in case you love this version and donโ€™t want it to be ruined. 

Spoiler
The thing that ruined it for me is the way she pronounces Christmas or should I say Christ-MOIST. A local radio station pointed that out and I canโ€™t I hear it. ๐Ÿ˜ค

This is a good Christmas playlist @JoSometimes ๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ

You even have Celine! 

Okay I'm laughing now at your spolier. Its like that song Cups when I only hear taco ๐ŸŒฎ for the one part, I can't un hear it now. So I understand what your saying ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ

@CynthieLu How could I not include Celine!? As much as I love Mariahโ€™s very soulful version of O Holy Night, I prefer Celineโ€™s more classic take on it. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos37
  • 813v7kbTxdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
  • images.jpe
  • images (1).jpe
  • fe1c4cd53fe23c844783a20e54d725fc.jpg
  • images (2).jpe
  • IMG_7410.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 2.32.12 AM.png
  • IMG_7425.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20231203_012815.jpg