Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2023 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This thread is created for us to share in the enjoyment of the winter holiday season.  Let's make some merriment.  Post as often as you'd like, and feel free to offer your own prompts.

813v7kbTxdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

December 1: How will you incorporate pink into the season?

December 2: What's the first thing you do to kick off winter?

December 3: What holiday nail trend would you love to try?

December 4: What fashion are you into right now?  Do you prefer old stand-bys, or are there new trends this year that have caught your eye?

December 5: Winter scents!  What EDTs are you wearing?  What candles are you burning?  What other scents say "holiday" to you?

December 6: Ornaments aren't just for the tree!  What hair ornaments are you wearing, or would you like to wear?  And of course what type do you like on the tree?

December 7: Shades of blue and white: how do these colors inspire you for Hanukkah, or in general this time of year?  

images.jpe

December 8: What are you shopping for the most...and who are you buying for?

December 9: Christmas music!  Sound off on all your favorites...and the ones that make you cringe.  And tell us about any new tunes that you've discovered - even if it's a version from yesteryear.

December 10: What's your decorating style?   Or, is there a style that you swoon over?  Conversely, what decorating just isn't your cup of tea?

December 11: If you could pull one awesome beauty gift out of a grab bag, what would it be?

December 12: For all you foodies: what do you indulge in this time of year?  What do you bake?  Where do you like to go out to eat?  Who cooks the best?

December 13: Post a winter/holiday meme.  

December 14: What winter activities would you like to partake in?

images (1).jpe

December 15: If you were an elf on the shelf, where would you be?  What would you give...and to whom?

December 16: Do you know any Grinches?  What do you think of the shade "Grinch green?"

December 17: Favorite holiday movie (or TV) characters?  It could be a lead, or an obscure character.

December 18: Dish on greeting cards!  The good, the bad, and the boring.  And don't forget the little touches like stamps, stickers, etc.

December 19: Jewels, jewels and more jewels.  Do you want jewelry this year?  What pieces fill you with wonder?  Do you have go-to items that you wear this time of year?

December 20: What kind of wrapping paper or gift bags do you prefer?  Give us detail!  Color, prints, tissue paper...

December 21: Favorite flora and fauna this time of year?

December 22: What holiday phrase best describes you?  (Merry and bright?  Joyful and triumphant?  Frosty?!)

December 23: The twelve days of Christmas: what beauty items would be in your version?

December 24: What are your ideal stocking stuffers?  Candy, nuts, beauty, toys, diamonds...

fe1c4cd53fe23c844783a20e54d725fc.jpg 

December 25: Shades of red and green: how does this inspire you for Christmas, or in general this time of year?

December 26: If you could have a vault of any beauty brand, what would it be and why?

December 27: What's a good drink on a cold winter's night...or on a warm winter's morning?  There are so many hot chocolate flavors these days - which ones sound good?

December 28: What cold weather beauty tips/hacks can you share?

December 29: What will you be returning?

December 30: What BIC threads did you frequent this year?

images (2).jpe

December 31: Cheers!  What will you be toasting to?  Best drink to ring in the new year?

January 1: What do you think your first beauty purchase of the year will be?

EXTRA promptsI'll post these are they come to me.  Here are some quick ideas:

What toys do you see on the shelves that you secretly want to get for yourself?

If you could have a celebrity Secret Santa, who you want to do it with?

Any faux fur decorations or fashion?

QUICK PICKS:

Holiday heels or boots?

Vintage or modern decor?

Bows or ribbons?

Icicles or snowflakes?

Re: BIC's 2023 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

@Titian06 you nailed how blue, white and silver work together 

Thanks, @CorgiMommy !  I saw you have a thing for blue, white, and silver too! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Dec 7:  white and blue

When I was a kid, we had all blue lights on our tree and outdoors.  Blue is peaceful, and beautiful when it snows.

@greeneyedgirl107 definitely 

Dec7- My work uniform is blue and we have a white blouse option so that may be cheating. Anyway I like both colors because they are classic.

@Loretta55 and Navy blue and white is really elegant 

At one time @CorgiMommy, I remember reading an article about Donna Karan asking her workers to wear a navy gaberdine blazer with a crisp white blouse and jeans. I always liked that look.

December 7: Shades of blue and white: how do these colors inspire you for Hanukkah, or in general this time of year?  

I love blue and white this time of year add silver and you have, to me, a perfect winter color combination.  That elegant winter feeling.

December 6: Ornaments aren't just for the tree!  What hair ornaments are you wearing, or would you like to wear?  And of course what type do you like on the tree?

I've been loving scrunchies of all kinds lately, the Slip skinny ones have been my go-to's for a while but last year a friend got me a set with a bunch of chunkier ones and I love them! Other than that, I love the look of rhinestone bobby-pins or clips, which instantly make me think of @SportyGirly125 โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ™‚ I only own a couple but would love to incorporate them more into my looks this month ๐Ÿค—

I think headbands are super cute. Iโ€™d love to wear one in my natural hair once itโ€™s grown out.

On trees, I like seeing nature-inspired ornaments like pine cones, berries, holly. I like the minimalist approach when it comes to Christmas decor. 

@JoSometimes I agree less is more for decor.  It means more then  over the top decorating, IMO

Oh I need to catch up! 

Dec 1- pink blush is the easiest way to incorporate pink!  Or a pink Santa hat;)

Dec 2-  to kick off the holidays we play Christmas music and bake a sacrificial batch of cookies (sacrificial because the first batch never even makes it to the cookie jar;))

Day 3- I want candy canes painted on my nails:) 

Day 4-  hmmmm, I mostly go for Lolita -esque fashion but with timeless pieces mixed in with unusual finds.  I love me a good silk button up shirt paired with a fun hat! 

Day 5- Itโ€™s not new but I have been using Phlur Apricot Privรฉe  a lot lately.  Itโ€™s mildly spicy and โ€˜adultโ€™ sweet.  

Day 6-  Iโ€™ve been wearing a lot of berets, furry pompom scrunchies, and black/green sequin scrunchies.  And Santa hats.  

@heartsmyface I do love the candy cane nail idea

"Sacrificial batch of cookies"...love that @heartsmyface ! ๐Ÿคฃ

@Titian06 @heartsmyface That is such a smart idea! I used to do that as a kid and my own kids are doing that tooโ€ฆ ๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช

I have short hair so no ornaments for me just a headband every so often.

The Christmas tree is covered in ornaments that reflect our life.  We buy an ornament whenever we travel.  Also ornaments that represent our hobbies and , of course, lots of corgi ornaments!

@CorgiMommy Awww I love the idea of special ornaments that reflect your family. Theyโ€™ll bring back happy memories and make Christmas all the more special. 

@JoSometimes it is fun looking at them as they ho on the tree 

@CorgiMommy  Thatโ€™s what we do with ornaments!  It makes decorating the tree so nostalgic!  

@heartsmyface the new ones go on first.  

Dec 6- I wear scrunchies and jaw clips in my hair. I am an empty nester so I am not putting up a Christmas tree. I used to like to hang the multi colored balls and lots of tinsel. I swore that I was still picking up the tinsel over the summer.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos37
  • 813v7kbTxdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
  • images.jpe
  • images (1).jpe
  • fe1c4cd53fe23c844783a20e54d725fc.jpg
  • images (2).jpe
  • IMG_7410.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 2.32.12 AM.png
  • IMG_7425.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20231203_012815.jpg