Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2023 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This thread is created for us to share in the enjoyment of the winter holiday season.  Let's make some merriment.  Post as often as you'd like, and feel free to offer your own prompts.

813v7kbTxdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

December 1: How will you incorporate pink into the season?

December 2: What's the first thing you do to kick off winter?

December 3: What holiday nail trend would you love to try?

December 4: What fashion are you into right now?  Do you prefer old stand-bys, or are there new trends this year that have caught your eye?

December 5: Winter scents!  What EDTs are you wearing?  What candles are you burning?  What other scents say "holiday" to you?

December 6: Ornaments aren't just for the tree!  What hair ornaments are you wearing, or would you like to wear?  And of course what type do you like on the tree?

December 7: Shades of blue and white: how do these colors inspire you for Hanukkah, or in general this time of year?  

images.jpe

December 8: What are you shopping for the most...and who are you buying for?

December 9: Christmas music!  Sound off on all your favorites...and the ones that make you cringe.  And tell us about any new tunes that you've discovered - even if it's a version from yesteryear.

December 10: What's your decorating style?   Or, is there a style that you swoon over?  Conversely, what decorating just isn't your cup of tea?

December 11: If you could pull one awesome beauty gift out of a grab bag, what would it be?

December 12: For all you foodies: what do you indulge in this time of year?  What do you bake?  Where do you like to go out to eat?  Who cooks the best?

December 13: Post a winter/holiday meme.  

December 14: What winter activities would you like to partake in?

images (1).jpe

December 15: If you were an elf on the shelf, where would you be?  What would you give...and to whom?

December 16: Do you know any Grinches?  What do you think of the shade "Grinch green?"

December 17: Favorite holiday movie (or TV) characters?  It could be a lead, or an obscure character.

December 18: Dish on greeting cards!  The good, the bad, and the boring.  And don't forget the little touches like stamps, stickers, etc.

December 19: Jewels, jewels and more jewels.  Do you want jewelry this year?  What pieces fill you with wonder?  Do you have go-to items that you wear this time of year?

December 20: What kind of wrapping paper or gift bags do you prefer?  Give us detail!  Color, prints, tissue paper...

December 21: Favorite flora and fauna this time of year?

December 22: What holiday phrase best describes you?  (Merry and bright?  Joyful and triumphant?  Frosty?!)

December 23: The twelve days of Christmas: what beauty items would be in your version?

December 24: What are your ideal stocking stuffers?  Candy, nuts, beauty, toys, diamonds...

fe1c4cd53fe23c844783a20e54d725fc.jpg 

December 25: Shades of red and green: how does this inspire you for Christmas, or in general this time of year?

December 26: If you could have a vault of any beauty brand, what would it be and why?

December 27: What's a good drink on a cold winter's night...or on a warm winter's morning?  There are so many hot chocolate flavors these days - which ones sound good?

December 28: What cold weather beauty tips/hacks can you share?

December 29: What will you be returning?

December 30: What BIC threads did you frequent this year?

images (2).jpe

December 31: Cheers!  What will you be toasting to?  Best drink to ring in the new year?

January 1: What do you think your first beauty purchase of the year will be?

EXTRA promptsI'll post these are they come to me.  Here are some quick ideas:

What toys do you see on the shelves that you secretly want to get for yourself?

If you could have a celebrity Secret Santa, who you want to do it with?

Any faux fur decorations or fashion?

QUICK PICKS:

Holiday heels or boots?

Vintage or modern decor?

Bows or ribbons?

Icicles or snowflakes?

Re: BIC's 2023 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

@Loretta55 sorry to hear that!  I hate that so many stores do final sale these days!

I miss Lord & Taylor!!!  And those iconic rose guft boxes that they did away with.

Lord & Taylor had some of the best sales @greeneyedgirl107. I stocked up usually January 1 on many items at an unbelievable price. My favorite recollection was when I purchased a leather jacket originally $699.00 for $96.70. I remember the paper percentage off coupons that were passed through the checkout line.

@Loretta55 wow!!!  I didn't know that!

December 4,: what fashion are you into right now?  Are you into old stand-bys or are there new tends that caught your eye?

I love that red is back and loving the dark denim.  Not thrilled with the baggy pants since I am on the petite side. 

@CorgiMommy yes!  I'm petite and too many things are baggy.  I don't find it flattering. 

@greeneyedgirl107 yeah baggy isn't so good look for us smaller size women.  It is trend I 

won't be embracing.

@CorgiMommy I feel like I hate so many styles these days!

@CorgiMommy I wouldn't mind the baggy pants so much if there were sweaters and tops with a more fitted silloutte, but they are baggy now too.  Crop tops look good with looser pants, but where I live, crop tops are not feasible in the winter!

@Mel231 yes, baggy with baggy doesn't work.  And cropped sweaters aren't really my cup of tea.  Maybe if I found high-waisted jeans I really liked.  But still, I find so many crops to be too short or comically short.

@Mel231 too cold for where I live too.  Plus if I wore a crop top I would scare small children LOL

I agree that baggy pants make me look huge @CorgiMommy @greeneyedgirl107 @bakeamuffin @AznAngelLiz. I have a pear shaped body and I don’t want to emphasize my bottom half.

@Loretta55 yes.  I say that all the time to people.  

That's my problem with skinny jeans @Loretta55, sometimes they don't look right on me LOL. I think for a pair "baggy"/wide leg jeans to look good, you need to wear a bodysuit with it, like the top needs to be more fitted. 

I learned my lesson years ago @AznAngelLiz, I only purchase petite clothing so I know that it will fit properly. I have not worn a body suit in awhile though.

@AznAngelLiz styles are so hard these days!

December 3: What holiday nail trend would you love to try?

Would love to try out Gingerbread nails or candy cane nails. Unfortunately, my little baby stubs do not supply enough wiggle room for such nail art but I really love seeing it on all of you in the BIC. ❤️

QueenMarceline_0-1701648406049.jpeg

@QueenMarceline mine are short, too!  I have thick hair and thin nails.  My cousin is reverse.   She says that's how it goes in our family. 

@greeneyedgirl107 I've got thin both 🤣 so unfortunate. But hoping to put more effort into my thinning hair in 2024! Fingers crossed for some good results.

@CorgiMommy yes, fingers crossed for you!  ❤️ 

Nails like that would be fabulous @QueenMarceline right? 💚❤️🤍 I am also a member of the short nails club, I feel your pain. 

@CynthieLu Hahaha ~The Stub Club!~ 🤣💅

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos37
  • 813v7kbTxdL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
  • images.jpe
  • images (1).jpe
  • fe1c4cd53fe23c844783a20e54d725fc.jpg
  • images (2).jpe
  • IMG_7410.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 2.32.12 AM.png
  • IMG_7425.jpeg