Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2023 Countdown to Valentine's Day/Galentine's Day!!!

We might be in the doldrums of winter, but that doesn't mean that we can't have a little fun here on BIC.  Let's post about Valentine's Day, Galentine's Day and anything else you're interested in this time of year.

200w.gif

Feb 1: If you could create a conversation heart saying, what would it be?

Feb 2: Favorite shade of red to wear?  Pink?

Feb 3: Best romantic scene in a movie?

Feb 4: What's your favorite chocolate this time of year?

Feb 5: Favorite color of roses?  What is your ideal flower arrangement?

Conversation Hearts_0.jpg

Feb 6: Post a Valentine's or Galentine's meme.

Feb 7: Best (or funniest) memory of exchanging Valentines.  Do you currently send out Valentines?

Feb 8: Most romantic or sexiest fragrance?

Feb 9: What do you look forward to the most this time of year?

Feb 10: What kind of decor makes you swoon?istockphoto-1205536191-170667a.jpg

Feb 11: Create your own prompt.

Feb 12: What beauty product are you loving right now?

Feb 13: What does your fantasy Galentine's Day look like?  Be as creative as you want.

Feb 14: Heart party!  Post whatever kind of hearts you want.  It could be concrete like a heart gif, or abstract like an ode to someone you love.

Feb 15: If you were to seal a letter with a kiss, what kind of lippie would you use? 

Re: BIC's 2023 Countdown to Valentine's Day/Galentine's Day!!!

Feb. 9: I’m looking forward to baseball Spring Training starting up in a few weeks! We’ve already got tickets to opening day for our local team. Baseball has always been a big part of my summers, and now that I live 5 minutes from a training facility, I get to start earlier than I used to. My boyfriend is a lifelong fan of the team that trains here, so it’s perfect. 

Feb. 10: I just like things to be comfortable. Classic colors, cozy couches, fluffy pillows and blankets, timeless pieces. Nothing too heavy, keep things nice and bright and light. If I had to pick a “style” though, maybe like an open concept farmhouse? White woods, natural lighting, lots of space. That sort of thing. 

Feb. 11: Make your own prompt - What’s something considered “romantic” that makes you cringe? Public proposals! I’ve never been engaged, but when I do get engaged, I don’t need a bunch of people who I don’t know to see it. I’ve seen too many (sporting events, Disney, etc), and they always make me feel super awkward even though I’m not involved. Keep that between you and your loved ones. 

@alexasteph @My husband proposed in the mountains during Winter. I don’t think anyone saw. We don’t like being the center of attention. Even having a dinner banquet with family and friends was weird for us but it was a one time thing. We got married in court and only our parents came because we needed a witness. We didn’t have a big wedding and saved money. 

@alexasteph I agree public proposals are so cringe worthy. I was lucky I had a private, intimate proposal; just my now husband and me. 

@alexasteph I went to spring training for the first time last year in Scottsdale.  It is really fun as you are closer to the game .

Feb 10: What kind of decor makes you swoon?

- Punny/cute llama, avocado, doggie, kitty or unicorn decor. Brings out the inner child in me but I can’t get enough of it!

Feb 10: What kind of decor makes you swoon?

Not really swoon but this time of year I love the whole hygge.  Cozy is the key :  candles, fireplace, blankets, fuzzy socks, etc.

Feb 9: What do you look forward to the most this time of year? The Galentine gift exchange 

Feb 10: What kind of decor makes you swoon? Handmade items 

Feb 8: Most romantic or sexiest fragrance?

KAYALI LOVEFEST BURNING CHERRY | 48 TOM FORD Lost Cherry Eau de Parfum Fragrance - there’s just something so sensual about the cherry cocktail scent ! 

I do love all the fun candies - I weirdly like those valentines candy hearts! 

@Kim888  Does it really smell like cherries? I’ve had the TF one in my wish list for a while now but never remember to smell it in stores so I don’t want to buy it if I won’t like the smell on me. What would you say it’s comparable to?

I really want to smell that perfume now @Kim888 I've seen it around these threads and it looks so yummy! Great choice!

I like them too.  I get one bag only to satisfy my craving .

- The surprise flower deliveries at work/home from my bf ❤️ I don’t get flowers often and I enjoy having them at home/work to liven things up. Also, the Galentines day exchange, duh 😜 I look forward to February and October for the annual exchanges as I love shopping for others and taking the time to put together something that will brighten someone’s day 🥰

That's Beautiful @gonerogue February is totally the season of spreading love to people we care about❤️ 😍 

I was to shy to try the Galentines exchange this year, I hope I can muster up the courage next year 😅

@CynthieLu  You should join us next year. It’s okay, we don’t bite 😉 you would be surprised how much opening goodies from BIC’ers can really make your day.

What held me back was this feeling like I wouldn't do a good enough job on it for whatever poor soul got mine but I try to get braver as I go on this life journey 😋 and not let fears hold me back, so next year, I'm going to dive in girl. I am very happy just to watch and see and enjoy everyone opening and seeing thier boxes get opened. It's so fun! 💌

@CynthieLu  All gifts made with love will be received positively. Always remember that! We are a very supportive community and I personally am always grateful by the gifts sent to me from either BIC or another BIC’er. Glad you are enjoying our thread ❤️

@CynthieLu @My first gift exchange was the Galentine’s one. It was really fun.

Feb 4: What's your favorite chocolate this time of year? It used to be dark chocolate. But after Covid it's hard to eat chocolate. Though Reese's are finally starting to be tolerable!

Feb 5: Favorite color of roses?  What is your ideal flower arrangement? Black and White. Ideal flower arrangement would be with lillies especially tiger lillies, baby breath, lily of the valley. I dunno add in other pretty things lol. 

Feb 6: Post a Valentine's or Galentine's meme.

Feb 7: Best (or funniest) memory of exchanging Valentines.  Do you currently send out Valentines? Nothing since grade school. I can't remember that far back. They were probably not good memories anyway. 

Feb 8: Most romantic or sexiest fragrance? Hugo Boss had one called Hugo Boss Night oh my that was intoxicating. I really love Alien and Tainted Love layered. 

Feb 9: What do you look forward to the most this time of year? Super Bowl. And candys sales.

@Samtian That's a funny meme!! Made me smile haha!

Sorry to hear your liking for chocolate has changed... does it taste significantly different or just not as satisfying to eat than it used to be?

@Guessgal 😄 I'm glad it made you smile! As for the chocolate it just tastes different...a very bad different. 

Uuum yes! @Samtian I love after holiday candy sales. I adore Lindor, if it's on sale... I can maybe justify the purchase ‌😋

What are your faves to get a deal on?

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • 200w.gif
  • Conversation Hearts_0.jpg
  • istockphoto-1205536191-170667a.jpg
  • 20230203_171719.jpg
  • 20230203_171818.jpg
  • 42f3a190-8951-4406-8dc8-5a9295235252-shutterstock_1179348226.jpg
  • SportyGirly125_0-1675716284441.gif
  • ED7F651B-70DD-4BC7-B8CA-4AA1B8A2020F.gif
  • valentines-day-icegif-27.gif