Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a thread for us to share the enjoyment of the winter holiday season.  There's magic in the air this time of year, so let's spread it around.  Post as often as you'd like, and feel free to offer your own prompts.

27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg

December 1: Hallmark movies (and similar): love 'em or leave 'em?

December 2: Favorite holiday desserts (candy, sweet treats, drinks, etc.)?

December 3: If you won $100 dollars, what beauty item would you run out and gift yourself?

December 4: Best thing about snow?

December 5: What winter drinks do you enjoy?  (Hot chocolate, tea, cocktails...)

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip?

natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg

December 8: If Santa were to visit your house, what cookies would you leave out?

December 9: Funniest (or worst) gift you ever got?

December 10: What's your decorating style?

December 11: What songs/artists do you love to listen to?  Which ones make you cringe?

December 12: What kind of cards do you send out?  What kind do you like receiving?

December 13: What winter scents are you loving?  (It could be cologne, candles, food - you name it.)

December 14: Any winter activities that you like, or would like to try someday?

best-christmas-cookies.jpg

December 15: Post a meme.

December 16: What's your gifting style?  AND, what do you like to do for presentation?  (Gift wrap, tags, bags, etc?)

December 17: What blush do you like to use to give you those winter rosy cheeks?

December 18: How do you celebrate the holiday season with friends that have different traditions than you do?

December 19: Create your own prompt.

December 20: What beauty product are you into right now?

December 21: Favorite holiday toy?  (It could be one you received as a child, or one you've given to a child...or, one you will be gifting.)

120914_AH_0630.jpg

December 22: What do you do to put yourself in the holiday spirit?  Or, what inspires you?

December 23: Did the holidays sneak up on you?  

December 24: What are the best kinds of stocking stuffers?

December 25: What's your merriest moment?

December 26: Best part of winter?

December 27: What's your cold weather fashion style?

December 28: How do you like to spend a warm, cozy night at home?

download.jpe

December 29: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 30: Your thoughts on new year's resolutions...

December 31: Favorite type of champagne?  (Flavor, brand, garnish, glass - you name it!)

January 1: What are you looking forward to in the new year?  It could be simple or grand.

EXTRA prompts: I'll post these as they come to me...

-What traditions of yester-year do you feel have disappeared?  (It could be anything from a decorating style to something your family used to do, to something you've only read about in books.)

-What holiday creatures and critters do you just adore?  (Elves, reindeer, Mrs. Claus?)

-Do you have a story about a last minute gift?

-Do you have any holiday collections?  (Snowmen, angels, particular ornaments?)

-When do you "know" it's the holidays?

Re: BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

@greeneyedgirl107  I like the Yogi tea you recommended awhile ago. 🙂  For brands, I like Fortnum and Mason and Harney and Sons.  I mostly like black teas, but occasionally like a spicy or vanilla flavored one.  And you?

@Ispend2much6 So glad you're still enjoying the Yogi tea!  I haven't had any in forever, but their Egyptian Licorice is still my fave.  I wish I could tolerate more caffeine, b/c that would expand my tea choices so much.  I haven't tried any teas in a long time as I never find that I can time to sit and enjoy a cup.  Plus, the stores just have the same old selection.  And even Whole Foods doesn't have anything exciting to me.

@greeneyedgirl107  I understand the caffeine issue.  I think it can make me mean when I have too much!  Good decaf tea is hard to find.  Harney's got a decaf assam that is really, really good.

@Ispend2much6 I love a spicy tea in the winter!

@pocketvenus  They really go together, don't they?  I saw a recipe for gingerbread marshmallows that I need to try; I think that would make a great little treat with chai tea!

@Ispend2much6 Oooo, gingerbread flavoured marshmallows sound so fun! 

December 28: How do you like to spend a warm, cozy night at home?

Happily cuddled up on the couch next time my pup with a warm tea, covered in blankets, and either reading a book or watching a lighthearted movie. I’d also have a hair mask or an oil treatment in my hair and possibly painting my nails, especially when I watch movies! 

@bakeamuffin what tea do you like?

@greeneyedgirl107 I’m never disappointed when I have an earl grey tea, vanilla earl grey, or even better a London Fog. I am also a big fan of orange pekoe, chai, and a couple years back @itsfi had sent me some pumpkin spice rooibos that was delightful! 
What about you? 🫖 

@bakeamuffin Yogi's Egyptian Licorice tea is my absolute fave, but I can never find the right time to drink it.  I also enjoyed Aveda's "the" tea...but it's $$$ so I rarely indulge and have had the same box for forever.  Choice also made a tea I like, Licorice Mint, but it's been forever since I've had it.  IDK if they still make it, and they didn't sell it by me.  I also used to like Celestial Seasonings Sweet Apple Chamomile but it's been discontinued for ages.  I only drink herbal teas, so I find that my choices are limited.  Plus, so many are too tart for my liking.

@bakeamuffin, I love a London Fog!!! Today looks like a perfect day for it too.

@itsfi my weather agrees! Chilly and some cloud coverage for today ❄️ 

Can you believe it’s NYE already?! I hope you have a lovely New Year!! 

@bakeamuffin - Yours sounds good to me too! 🙂

December 28: How do you like to spend a warm, cozy night at home?  Under an afghan I crocheted with my cat on my lap reading a book. 💖🐾📖

@Titian06 love crocheted afghans!

@Titian06 that sounds like heaven 😍 

cozy layers with Christmas inspired colours 

I love leggings or jeans paired with a collared button up layered with a cute winter sweater on top. It truly gets so warm here so the more layers the better! I find pairing similar colours with different textures makes for really cozy outfits! 

December 22: What do you do to put yourself in the holiday spirit?  Decorate early! I usually start after Halloween.

December 23: Did the holidays sneak up on you?  No, I start shopping early.

December 24: What are the best kinds of stocking stuffers? Lip balms!

December 25: What's your merriest moment? Looking at Christmas lights!

December 26: Best part of winter? Snow days!

December 27: What's your cold weather fashion style?  Comfy sweaters and boots.

December 28: How do you like to spend a warm, cozy night at home? Snuggling with my dogs.

December 20: What beauty product are you into right now?

Love my Chanel nail polishes for its beautiful reds. Facial oils are doing a lot of heavy lifting in the winter cold.

December 21: Favorite holiday toy?

I love finding the perfect gift and I love it even more on mega sale. Earlier this year, one of my favourite retailers that carries mini Cire Trudon candles online put them on sale so I stocked up. CT has since hiked their prices way up so I'm glad I jumped on that early to gift these to my candle loving friends. I think the best though is when you find that gift that is perfect for just that one person and it shows you've really been listening and paying attention to them 🙂

December 22: What do you do to put yourself in the holiday spirit?  Or, what inspires you?

Christmas music for sure but I can be picky. I like jazz renditions for Christmas classics by the greats. Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, and so on. Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas is a great chill one. Brian Setzer Orchestra's version of the Nutcracker Suite is fun 🙂 The original Tchaikovsky is so classic. Choral music also helps set the mood. I like the albums from King's College.

December 23: Did the holidays sneak up on you?  

OMG YES. Even though I had most of my gifts ready, I left donations and mailing out cards to the last minute!

December 24: What are the best kinds of stocking stuffers?

Unexpected ones. Ones that make you laugh. Ones that were chosen just for you.

December 25: What's your merriest moment?

Probably decorating the tree with family as an older kid. A lot of the ornaments had memories associated with them so it was nice to revisit them year after year.

December 26: Best part of winter?

When everything's covered in snow and all is still.

Warm, sleek neutrals. Creams, taupes, camels. Sleek knee high suede or leather boots. On the heaviest days, furs from my late grandmother and late grandfather's sister. I used to be antifur until I lived in communities where hunting and trapping is a part of traditional knowledge and culture and the weather can drop down into the -50C which is -58 in Fahrenheit. Now I think it's more complex. I learned there's really nothing that protects you better from that level of cold than fur, especially wolverine fur, and I also learned how to prepare hides traditionally, without the use of harsh chemicals as they do in commercial operations.

@pocketvenus would love to see some fur pics.

chak.jpg

@greeneyedgirl107 Here's the monogram of my favourite coat with my grandmother's name ❤️

416 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • 27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg
  • natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg
  • best-christmas-cookies.jpg
  • 120914_AH_0630.jpg
  • download.jpe
  • 87FCD087-26B8-475C-9AF4-C03E4EAA24E5.jpeg
  • tumblr_mpouuknHuU1qkwwklo1_500
  • archway cookies.jpg
  • christmas cards.jpg