Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a thread for us to share the enjoyment of the winter holiday season.  There's magic in the air this time of year, so let's spread it around.  Post as often as you'd like, and feel free to offer your own prompts.

27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg

December 1: Hallmark movies (and similar): love 'em or leave 'em?

December 2: Favorite holiday desserts (candy, sweet treats, drinks, etc.)?

December 3: If you won $100 dollars, what beauty item would you run out and gift yourself?

December 4: Best thing about snow?

December 5: What winter drinks do you enjoy?  (Hot chocolate, tea, cocktails...)

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip?

natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg

December 8: If Santa were to visit your house, what cookies would you leave out?

December 9: Funniest (or worst) gift you ever got?

December 10: What's your decorating style?

December 11: What songs/artists do you love to listen to?  Which ones make you cringe?

December 12: What kind of cards do you send out?  What kind do you like receiving?

December 13: What winter scents are you loving?  (It could be cologne, candles, food - you name it.)

December 14: Any winter activities that you like, or would like to try someday?

best-christmas-cookies.jpg

December 15: Post a meme.

December 16: What's your gifting style?  AND, what do you like to do for presentation?  (Gift wrap, tags, bags, etc?)

December 17: What blush do you like to use to give you those winter rosy cheeks?

December 18: How do you celebrate the holiday season with friends that have different traditions than you do?

December 19: Create your own prompt.

December 20: What beauty product are you into right now?

December 21: Favorite holiday toy?  (It could be one you received as a child, or one you've given to a child...or, one you will be gifting.)

120914_AH_0630.jpg

December 22: What do you do to put yourself in the holiday spirit?  Or, what inspires you?

December 23: Did the holidays sneak up on you?  

December 24: What are the best kinds of stocking stuffers?

December 25: What's your merriest moment?

December 26: Best part of winter?

December 27: What's your cold weather fashion style?

December 28: How do you like to spend a warm, cozy night at home?

download.jpe

December 29: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 30: Your thoughts on new year's resolutions...

December 31: Favorite type of champagne?  (Flavor, brand, garnish, glass - you name it!)

January 1: What are you looking forward to in the new year?  It could be simple or grand.

EXTRA prompts: I'll post these as they come to me...

-What traditions of yester-year do you feel have disappeared?  (It could be anything from a decorating style to something your family used to do, to something you've only read about in books.)

-What holiday creatures and critters do you just adore?  (Elves, reindeer, Mrs. Claus?)

-Do you have a story about a last minute gift?

-Do you have any holiday collections?  (Snowmen, angels, particular ornaments?)

-When do you "know" it's the holidays?

Re: BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

@CookieGirl1  I think that being your quote indicates you are an optimist.  Not sure what it means that we like to say, "You're an angry elf." lol  We do say it jokingly.

@Ispend2much6 "Could somebody use a hug?" ๐Ÿ˜‚

@CookieGirl1Lol!!!

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?  

Our family is usually a turkey-and-ham kind of holiday dinner family, but just once I'd love to do a big Beef Wellington dinner with all the trimmings. 

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip?

Always watch- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, It's a Wonderful Life, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Scrooged, Christmas with the Kranks, the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf, The Family Man, A Charlie Brown Christmas

Skip- Die Hard

@quspork I've been watching Mickey's Christmas Carol since almost the beginning!  I had it on VHS, and watched it often as a child.  I kinda felt like it was my own special gem, and was surprised to find it on DVD years ago.  I'm happy that others can enjoy it now, though.  My DVD has some other shorts, and the one with Pluto's Christmas tree and Chip and Dale is cute.  I recommend it.  Do you have any other favorite long-lost movies?  Does anyone remember Child of Glass?

Right there with you, @greeneyedgirl107- we had it on VHS when we were kids, but then when I moved out on my YEARS ago, I couldn't find it anywhere. Eventually found the DVD when it was re-released at some point and it must be the same version you have because it has the other cartoons as well. Another one that took me forever to find (although now it's streaming on HULU) is Santa Clause: The Movie (not to be confused with The Santa Clause) with Dudley Moore and John Lithgow -- it was a classic 80s movie, Christmas-style! 

@quspork Yes, I do remember "Santa Claus: The Movie!"  I described it to my friend years ago, and she told me that title which I had totally forgotten.  IDK if I would like it as an adult, though, as I'm not a Dudley Moore or John Lithgow fan.  

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip?  Watch the Guardians Holiday Special and loved it! Right now we are getting caught up on Purge Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 2, waiting for new stuff coming out next year. And we binge watched Wednesday. 

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip? I donโ€™t have any at the moment. I am waiting for 2 shows to release their new season. 

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip?  A Christmas Story and A Charlie Brown Christmas.  Pretty much everything else.

@Titian06 excellent choice on the Charlie Brown Christmas ๐Ÿ™‚

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?  Sushi, hot pot, and dim sum.

@SportyGirly125 Can I eat at your place this holiday?? Yes yes yes to hot pot!

@SportyGirly125 My kind of Christmas meal. When we celebrate anything with my family, it's usually Korean BBQ and hotpot. More traditional foods when celebrating with the in-laws. 

@AznAngelLiz @My family always has done those three and my husband who isnโ€™t Asian has gotten use to it. He even likes boba drinks. 

@greeneyedgirl107 Great thread! Jumping in a lil late but for today -

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?  I would say ham, green beans, brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, gravy, lots of carbs (rolls, cake, pie, oh my!). 

December 1: Hallmark movies (and similar): love 'em or leave 'em?  I don't want them near me with a 100 foot pole. 

December 2: Favorite holiday desserts (candy, sweet treats, drinks, etc.)? Divinity! 

December 3: If you won $100 dollars, what beauty item would you run out and gift yourself? Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Voluptรฉ Shine Lipstick Balm 86 Mauve Cuir and Gucci Transfer-proof Matte Liquid lipstick 521 Nellie Cherrie 

December 4: Best thing about snow? Absolutely Nothing. 

December 5: What winter drinks do you enjoy?  (Hot chocolate, tea, cocktails...) Hot chocolate and Milkshakes!

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu? Ham, lots of ham, rolls and butter, pie. And gravy. 

What kind of pie @Samtian๐Ÿ˜‹

@itsfi All of them! Pumpkin, cherry, key lime, smores. I really want to try Banoffee. 

Banoffee pie @Samtian? I had never heard of that so I looked it up and oh my!!! ๐Ÿคฉ That looks decadent and delicious! ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

@itsfi Yes it does! Maybe this year!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • 27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg
  • natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg
  • best-christmas-cookies.jpg
  • 120914_AH_0630.jpg
  • download.jpe
  • 87FCD087-26B8-475C-9AF4-C03E4EAA24E5.jpeg
  • tumblr_mpouuknHuU1qkwwklo1_500
  • archway cookies.jpg