Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a thread for us to share the enjoyment of the winter holiday season.  There's magic in the air this time of year, so let's spread it around.  Post as often as you'd like, and feel free to offer your own prompts.

27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg

December 1: Hallmark movies (and similar): love 'em or leave 'em?

December 2: Favorite holiday desserts (candy, sweet treats, drinks, etc.)?

December 3: If you won $100 dollars, what beauty item would you run out and gift yourself?

December 4: Best thing about snow?

December 5: What winter drinks do you enjoy?  (Hot chocolate, tea, cocktails...)

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip?

natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg

December 8: If Santa were to visit your house, what cookies would you leave out?

December 9: Funniest (or worst) gift you ever got?

December 10: What's your decorating style?

December 11: What songs/artists do you love to listen to?  Which ones make you cringe?

December 12: What kind of cards do you send out?  What kind do you like receiving?

December 13: What winter scents are you loving?  (It could be cologne, candles, food - you name it.)

December 14: Any winter activities that you like, or would like to try someday?

best-christmas-cookies.jpg

December 15: Post a meme.

December 16: What's your gifting style?  AND, what do you like to do for presentation?  (Gift wrap, tags, bags, etc?)

December 17: What blush do you like to use to give you those winter rosy cheeks?

December 18: How do you celebrate the holiday season with friends that have different traditions than you do?

December 19: Create your own prompt.

December 20: What beauty product are you into right now?

December 21: Favorite holiday toy?  (It could be one you received as a child, or one you've given to a child...or, one you will be gifting.)

120914_AH_0630.jpg

December 22: What do you do to put yourself in the holiday spirit?  Or, what inspires you?

December 23: Did the holidays sneak up on you?  

December 24: What are the best kinds of stocking stuffers?

December 25: What's your merriest moment?

December 26: Best part of winter?

December 27: What's your cold weather fashion style?

December 28: How do you like to spend a warm, cozy night at home?

download.jpe

December 29: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 30: Your thoughts on new year's resolutions...

December 31: Favorite type of champagne?  (Flavor, brand, garnish, glass - you name it!)

January 1: What are you looking forward to in the new year?  It could be simple or grand.

EXTRA prompts: I'll post these as they come to me...

-What traditions of yester-year do you feel have disappeared?  (It could be anything from a decorating style to something your family used to do, to something you've only read about in books.)

-What holiday creatures and critters do you just adore?  (Elves, reindeer, Mrs. Claus?)

-Do you have a story about a last minute gift?

-Do you have any holiday collections?  (Snowmen, angels, particular ornaments?)

-When do you "know" it's the holidays?

Re: BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR BIC!

60b87e0c6f8358e49107f28e_NEW-YEARS-EVE-MAKEUP

December 28: How do you like to spend a warm, cozy night at home?

I love how so many responses involve tea and reading! Definitely an ideal stay at home evening. I'll just add listening to music, a soothing blend on the diffuser and maybe something decadent to nibble on.

December 29: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

Easily the perfume news thread by a significant margin.

December 30: Your thoughts on new year's resolutions...

I don't make resolutions in the new year, I make changes on an on going basis and when I decide I want to change something, I start on it immediately.

December 31: Favorite type of champagne?  (Flavor, brand, garnish, glass - you name it!)

I might prefer ice wine. It's a Canadian thing ๐Ÿ™‚ It's not too sweet if you have enough acidity to cut the sugar.

January 1: What are you looking forward to in the new year?  It could be simple or grand.

Simple: Baking more treats ๐Ÿ™‚

Grand: Serious political power built from the ground up in social justice movements, especially climate justice. Those responsible for hiding and obfuscating the scientific research and knowledge about climate change need to be held accountable for their crimes against humanity.

@pocketvenus tell us more about ice wine!  I put splits of wine in the freezer about 1.5 hrs before I want a glass so they're nice and cold.  Bonus if it's a little slushy.

@greeneyedgirl107 Apologies for the delay in replying!! Ice wine is primarily from Canada with its most famous winery, Inniskillin, based in the Niagara Region. It's made by pressing grapes of different varietals that have frozen on the vine and they have to be picked this way, in the freezing cold ๐Ÿ˜ฎ There are other countries like Germany that produce ice wine but Canada is the largest producer. There's also a lot of fakes out there so be careful! 

The actual wine itself is quite sweet with a high viscosity. If you've ever eaten frozen grapes, you'll know that intense, concentrated, nectary sweetness that occurs because the water of the grape has frozen. Sometimes people can find the sweetness just way too intense. I'd start with a vidal because its acidity provides a good balance to the sweetness ๐Ÿ™‚ You can serve it in a chilled glass with dessert. It's definitely not for everyone but I recommend at least trying it once! As well, climate change has made harvesting less predictable - there are less cold days to harvest and when the grapes are harvested too soon, the wine is not as complex so I'd try to enjoy it now.

@pocketvenus @greeneyedgirl107 Love a good ice wine!   Greeneyedgirl107 you should really try it if you haven't!  

@pocketvenus oooh!  Sounds enticing...a nice dessert ๐Ÿท 

January 1: What are you looking forward to in the new year?  It could be simple or grand.  Spring. ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ€

Happy new year, everyone! ๐Ÿฅณ

Happy New Years @Titian06 !

December 29: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?  Probably the hauls thread.

December 30: Your thoughts on new year's resolutions... They can be inspiring; or not.

December 31: Favorite type of champagne?  (Flavor, brand, garnish, glass - you name it!) Champagne flavored gummy bears.

I love champagne and don't need an excuse to drink it.  I'm really partial to the bubbles so it doesn't need to be champagne for me, a sparkling wine is just fine.  I like Taittinger as a winery generally but if I'm going with a gift I usually do a bottle of Veuve Clicquot for the yellow label recognition.  I'll always try to grab a demi sec. I'm also no stranger to cheap and I do mean cheap sparkling wine.  Many a bottle of Spumante Bambino have been emptied over the years.  I usually drink it on it's own but I'm always good with a berry or piece of fruit for a garnish.  And I wouldn't turn down a mimosa in the morning! 

@missjeanie we bought splits of champagne and enjoyed varieties during the pandemic.   Wish we'd kept track of them, tho!

Just need to start over @greeneyedgirl107 ? lol

@pocketvenus totally!  But some of them aren't available anymore ๐Ÿ˜ž

@greeneyedgirl107Sorry some of them are done! Also, I think you meant to tag @missjeanie in the post above?

@pocketvenus thanks for catching that!!!

@greeneyedgirl107 Bummer... but maybe new ones out there too? 

@missjeanie for some reason there were so many more unique splits to try in the past.  Oh well!

December 31: Favorite type of champagne?  (Flavor, brand, garnish, glass - you name it!)  I don't think I've ever had champagne. 

Todays question is actually very important for me right now. I have a NYE party we are going to attend last minute and want to take a good bottle or two of bubbly. I am not a bubbly expert so I am hoping to get some of your recommendations ๐Ÿ˜‡ any and all advice appreciated! โค๏ธ

Too late for your party I bet @gonerogue But let us know what kind you picked!!  I always like a Veuve Clicquot for a party.  It's not my all time favourite, but I find that people always recognize the label and it's still generally a good bottle no matter which vintage you happen upon.  That said, the demi sec or the riche blanc are probably the ones I'd be more partial to.  My personal go to bottle is a Tattinger Demi Sec.  I do prefer the sweeter champaign.   I honestly think most people who don't drink it on the regular can't tell the difference between a 100$ bottle and a 30$ bottle.  Sometimes it's fun just to pick a cool label.  I'm also not one to turn down a bottle of Spumante Bambino.  I'm in it for the bubbles. lol

@missjeanie 

Thank you for your wisdom! Gave the name to my bf and made him go to the store and pick up a bottle for the party. Little did we know the party already had 20 bottles ๐Ÿ˜‚ we still used it for our toast and finished it before we left ๐Ÿ˜‰

83526217-A5F6-4A21-AE12-BF321F81C016.jpeg

โ€ƒ

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • 27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg
  • natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg
  • best-christmas-cookies.jpg
  • 120914_AH_0630.jpg
  • download.jpe
  • 87FCD087-26B8-475C-9AF4-C03E4EAA24E5.jpeg
  • tumblr_mpouuknHuU1qkwwklo1_500