Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a thread for us to share the enjoyment of the winter holiday season.  There's magic in the air this time of year, so let's spread it around.  Post as often as you'd like, and feel free to offer your own prompts.

27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg

December 1: Hallmark movies (and similar): love 'em or leave 'em?

December 2: Favorite holiday desserts (candy, sweet treats, drinks, etc.)?

December 3: If you won $100 dollars, what beauty item would you run out and gift yourself?

December 4: Best thing about snow?

December 5: What winter drinks do you enjoy?  (Hot chocolate, tea, cocktails...)

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip?

natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg

December 8: If Santa were to visit your house, what cookies would you leave out?

December 9: Funniest (or worst) gift you ever got?

December 10: What's your decorating style?

December 11: What songs/artists do you love to listen to?  Which ones make you cringe?

December 12: What kind of cards do you send out?  What kind do you like receiving?

December 13: What winter scents are you loving?  (It could be cologne, candles, food - you name it.)

December 14: Any winter activities that you like, or would like to try someday?

best-christmas-cookies.jpg

December 15: Post a meme.

December 16: What's your gifting style?  AND, what do you like to do for presentation?  (Gift wrap, tags, bags, etc?)

December 17: What blush do you like to use to give you those winter rosy cheeks?

December 18: How do you celebrate the holiday season with friends that have different traditions than you do?

December 19: Create your own prompt.

December 20: What beauty product are you into right now?

December 21: Favorite holiday toy?  (It could be one you received as a child, or one you've given to a child...or, one you will be gifting.)

120914_AH_0630.jpg

December 22: What do you do to put yourself in the holiday spirit?  Or, what inspires you?

December 23: Did the holidays sneak up on you?  

December 24: What are the best kinds of stocking stuffers?

December 25: What's your merriest moment?

December 26: Best part of winter?

December 27: What's your cold weather fashion style?

December 28: How do you like to spend a warm, cozy night at home?

download.jpe

December 29: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 30: Your thoughts on new year's resolutions...

December 31: Favorite type of champagne?  (Flavor, brand, garnish, glass - you name it!)

January 1: What are you looking forward to in the new year?  It could be simple or grand.

EXTRA prompts: I'll post these as they come to me...

-What traditions of yester-year do you feel have disappeared?  (It could be anything from a decorating style to something your family used to do, to something you've only read about in books.)

-What holiday creatures and critters do you just adore?  (Elves, reindeer, Mrs. Claus?)

-Do you have a story about a last minute gift?

-Do you have any holiday collections?  (Snowmen, angels, particular ornaments?)

-When do you "know" it's the holidays?

Re: BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

@Mellmars1185   Eggnog latte? Do you make your own?

@Ispend2much6 I love those. I used to get them at Starbucks when they had them. Unfortunately I dont have an Espresso maker. However eggnog in my coffee is the next best thing! Do you like egg nog lattes?

@Mellmars1185 Posting a meme is just like when you post a picture. Or you can find an image/meme you want to share, click the photo share button and over on the top right it says URL. Right click the image you want, click down on copy image address. And in the URL part paste the link. Just make sure it ends in like .jpg or .png, if it doesn't, erase everything that comes after that and it should load up.

@Samtian Thank you! Sometimes I see posts of pictures that move. For some reason i have issues with those.

@Mellmars1185 Those can get tricky! But it's the same as using the URL option. Just make sure it ends with the file format like .gif

IJNY

@Samtian Thank you for sharing your knowledge!

@Mellmars1185 Any time! I am happy to help.

December 12: What kind of cards do you send out?  What kind do you like receiving? I have a set of holiday cards with cute animals on them. I like receiving birthday cards!

December 13: What winter scents are you loving?  (It could be cologne, candles, food - you name it.) I love pine tree scents!!!! NEST New York Birchwood Pine Candle is my favorite. 

December 14: Any winter activities that you like, or would like to try someday? Hmmm since it snows in NY just being out in the snow is really nice! Snow angels and snowmen and snowball fights never get old. 

B0570AB5-B054-4D59-BE4B-B517556AD77B.jpeg

Day 15-

christmas-tree-o-christmas-tree-your-ornaments-are-history-funny-merry-memes

@Samtian LOVE this!

Post a meme

Not really a meme but I do love the corgis

images.jpeg

I've never attempted it, but I'd love to try snowboarding at some point. 

December 15: Post a meme.

quspork_0-1671114857712.jpeg

@quspork  ha I love that meme!   that couple is hilariously uptight.  If only I could be as I am AND maintain that level of perfection… 

December 9: Funniest (or worst) gift you ever got?  One time I got gloves and a scarf. I don't like either lol. 

December 10: What's your decorating style? Helter Skelter. Zero theme, rhyme, or reason.  I would love to do retro themed.

December 11: What songs/artists do you love to listen to?  Which ones make you cringe? I will listen to Dominic the Donkey and that is it. 

December 12: What kind of cards do you send out?  What kind do you like receiving? Retro/Funny. I want to do family photos. I like receiving any and all!

December 13: What winter scents are you loving?  (It could be cologne, candles, food - you name it.)  ...pumpkin? 😄 Spices and "sugared" things. 

December 14: Any winter activities that you like, or would like to try someday? I like staying inside and sleeping. Sledding is fun. 

My MIL introduced me to that song, @Samtian. How does one grow up without hearing of Dominic the Donkey 🤣

@eshoe I hadn't heard it until last year! lol it is super cute!

I am relieved to know I am not the only one to hear it first as an adult, @missjeanie 🤗

@eshoe It's a true classic!

December 14: Any winter activities that you like, or would like to try someday?  Staying warm! 🥶

December 14: Any winter activities that you like, or would like to try someday? Love going to Disneyland and seeing their holiday decorations with the kiddos.

I love to cross country ski, snowshoe, photograph my dogs playing in the snow and winter landscapes, getting all cozy and reading a book or watch a movie, and taking a walk while it is snowing out.

I love Winter.  I have always said find something you love to do in the winter and you will look forward to it and be happy.  If not winter can be a tough time.

Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • 27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg
  • natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg
  • best-christmas-cookies.jpg
  • 120914_AH_0630.jpg
  • download.jpe
  • 87FCD087-26B8-475C-9AF4-C03E4EAA24E5.jpeg
  • tumblr_mpouuknHuU1qkwwklo1_500
  • archway cookies.jpg
  • christmas cards.jpg
  • angel cutter.jpg