Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a thread for us to share the enjoyment of the winter holiday season.  There's magic in the air this time of year, so let's spread it around.  Post as often as you'd like, and feel free to offer your own prompts.

27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg

December 1: Hallmark movies (and similar): love 'em or leave 'em?

December 2: Favorite holiday desserts (candy, sweet treats, drinks, etc.)?

December 3: If you won $100 dollars, what beauty item would you run out and gift yourself?

December 4: Best thing about snow?

December 5: What winter drinks do you enjoy?  (Hot chocolate, tea, cocktails...)

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip?

natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg

December 8: If Santa were to visit your house, what cookies would you leave out?

December 9: Funniest (or worst) gift you ever got?

December 10: What's your decorating style?

December 11: What songs/artists do you love to listen to?  Which ones make you cringe?

December 12: What kind of cards do you send out?  What kind do you like receiving?

December 13: What winter scents are you loving?  (It could be cologne, candles, food - you name it.)

December 14: Any winter activities that you like, or would like to try someday?

best-christmas-cookies.jpg

December 15: Post a meme.

December 16: What's your gifting style?  AND, what do you like to do for presentation?  (Gift wrap, tags, bags, etc?)

December 17: What blush do you like to use to give you those winter rosy cheeks?

December 18: How do you celebrate the holiday season with friends that have different traditions than you do?

December 19: Create your own prompt.

December 20: What beauty product are you into right now?

December 21: Favorite holiday toy?  (It could be one you received as a child, or one you've given to a child...or, one you will be gifting.)

120914_AH_0630.jpg

December 22: What do you do to put yourself in the holiday spirit?  Or, what inspires you?

December 23: Did the holidays sneak up on you?  

December 24: What are the best kinds of stocking stuffers?

December 25: What's your merriest moment?

December 26: Best part of winter?

December 27: What's your cold weather fashion style?

December 28: How do you like to spend a warm, cozy night at home?

download.jpe

December 29: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 30: Your thoughts on new year's resolutions...

December 31: Favorite type of champagne?  (Flavor, brand, garnish, glass - you name it!)

January 1: What are you looking forward to in the new year?  It could be simple or grand.

EXTRA prompts: I'll post these as they come to me...

-What traditions of yester-year do you feel have disappeared?  (It could be anything from a decorating style to something your family used to do, to something you've only read about in books.)

-What holiday creatures and critters do you just adore?  (Elves, reindeer, Mrs. Claus?)

-Do you have a story about a last minute gift?

-Do you have any holiday collections?  (Snowmen, angels, particular ornaments?)

-When do you "know" it's the holidays?

Re: BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

December 11: What songs/artists do you love to listen to?  Which ones make you cringe?

I listen to almost anything but I am an Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles kind of gal as opposed to Drake. I’m sorry to say the Mariah Carey Xmas song makes me cringe, I’m so tired of hearing it year after year. 

@lnum Totally agree on the Mariah Carey thing!

Dec. 7: There aren’t really any I always make sure I watch, and honestly I get sort of bored of the same thing every year. If I were to name an exception, it’s Home Alone. 

Dec. 8: No Bakes and Macarons because those are both gluten free and if I can’t eat gluten neither can Santa. 

Dec. 9: There aren’t any glaringly sticking out in my memory other than I had a previous boyfriend give me a pajama set that was meant for a much older woman when I was in my early 20’s. That was a tad odd. He was a frighteningly poor gift giver.

Dec. 10: I tend to stick to traditional Christmas, greens, reds, golds, etc. Sprinkle in some decorations with dogs wearing scarves and that pretty much covers it haha. 

Dec. 11: Carol Of The Bells is my favorite, and I’ll listen to pretty much any version of that. Same with movies, I’m not overly excited about most of the others though. If I happen to hear one I’ll sing along and have no issue with that, but I don’t really choose to listen to any on my own. There are a few I definitely don’t like, but I wouldn’t say they make me “cringe,” I just ignore them haha. 

Love Carol of the Bells, @alexasteph! That's definitely one that translates into a lot of great versions. 

December 11: What songs/artists do you love to listen to?  Which ones make you cringe?  Love any rock and most alternative.  I particularly like The Waitresses Christmas Wrapping, The Kinks Father Christmas, Mannheim Steamroller Wizards in Winter, and Straight No Chaser.

Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and anything country makes me cringe. 🤮

December 11: Christmas music 🎶  What do you like to listen to, what do you love and what makes you cringe?

I'm one of those people who looooves all the Christmas music 🎄 if it's on the radio, you know I'm probably singing along driving my co-workers bananas 😉

December 11: What songs/artists do you love to listen to?  *NSYNC Christmas album and Mariah Carey 

Are they love or cringe 😋 @SportyGirly125 

@CynthieLu @Love 

December 1: Hallmark movies (and similar): love 'em or leave 'em? Leave ‘em. 

December 2: Favorite holiday desserts (candy, sweet treats, drinks, etc.)? Coquito and candy canes. 

December 3: If you won $100 dollars, what beauty item would you run out and gift yourself Good question. Probably skincare. 

December 4: Best thing about snow? Playing in the snow!

December 5: What winter drinks do you enjoy?  (Hot chocolate, tea, cocktails...) Definitely hot chocolate but also hot toddies. 

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu? I think I’m traditional. A roast duck or lamb, crispy scalloped potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, baked ziti, and since I’m South Asian we would also have chicken biryani, goat korma, raita yogurt sauce, cucumber-tomato-onion salad. 

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip? I do really like a Christmas Story. 

December 8: If Santa were to visit your house, what cookies would you leave out? Can’t go wrong with chocolate chip. 

December 9: Funniest (or worst) gift you ever got? I have a family friend who gives terrible gifts. She once got me a Lady Gaga NYC snow globe from Barney’s for my birthday. 

December 10: What's your decorating style? Hmmm I guess traditional if it’s a tree but normally modern. I do lean toward silver and gold more than colorful lights and such. 

@lnum that kind of thing always gets me - how do u go into barney's and leave with that?!

@greeneyedgirl107 Right??? I tried to return it for store credit, but I couldn't because the proceeds were donated to charity. So I was stuck with it for 10 years in my closet, until I finally gave it to someone who owns a souvenir shop a year or two ago and resold it to tourists! It's the most bizarre gift and story, ha!

@lnum I can't believe you couldn't even return it!   ❄️ + 🌎 

@greeneyedgirl107 It was the gift that haunted me for 10 years. 🥲

@lnum  I'm trying to picture what a Lady Gaga snowglobe would look like. lol

And, I'm coming to your house for dinner. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 THIS!!!!! It was awful, lol.THIS!!!!! It was awful, lol.

@lnum  Thanks for sharing!  lol No, really!

That is legitimately unusual.  Looks like she has something in her hand to break the snowglobe?

My husband said that was a prank gift.

@Ispend2much6 I really want to know if people actually bought these from Barney’s. They walked in and chose THIS item to walk out with. 

@lnum  Excellent point!  There is a lot of stuff to choose from in Barney's.

This is…interesting @lnum 🤣🤣🤣

@eshoe If only I could remember all the gifts she has given me throughout the years, but, this is definitely the worst one ever. I know they say it's the thought that counts but I am not sure what she was thinking with this one. 😂

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • 27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg
  • natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg
  • best-christmas-cookies.jpg
  • 120914_AH_0630.jpg
  • download.jpe
  • 87FCD087-26B8-475C-9AF4-C03E4EAA24E5.jpeg
  • tumblr_mpouuknHuU1qkwwklo1_500
  • archway cookies.jpg
  • christmas cards.jpg