Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a thread for us to share the enjoyment of the winter holiday season.  There's magic in the air this time of year, so let's spread it around.  Post as often as you'd like, and feel free to offer your own prompts.

27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg

December 1: Hallmark movies (and similar): love 'em or leave 'em?

December 2: Favorite holiday desserts (candy, sweet treats, drinks, etc.)?

December 3: If you won $100 dollars, what beauty item would you run out and gift yourself?

December 4: Best thing about snow?

December 5: What winter drinks do you enjoy?  (Hot chocolate, tea, cocktails...)

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip?

natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg

December 8: If Santa were to visit your house, what cookies would you leave out?

December 9: Funniest (or worst) gift you ever got?

December 10: What's your decorating style?

December 11: What songs/artists do you love to listen to?  Which ones make you cringe?

December 12: What kind of cards do you send out?  What kind do you like receiving?

December 13: What winter scents are you loving?  (It could be cologne, candles, food - you name it.)

December 14: Any winter activities that you like, or would like to try someday?

best-christmas-cookies.jpg

December 15: Post a meme.

December 16: What's your gifting style?  AND, what do you like to do for presentation?  (Gift wrap, tags, bags, etc?)

December 17: What blush do you like to use to give you those winter rosy cheeks?

December 18: How do you celebrate the holiday season with friends that have different traditions than you do?

December 19: Create your own prompt.

December 20: What beauty product are you into right now?

December 21: Favorite holiday toy?  (It could be one you received as a child, or one you've given to a child...or, one you will be gifting.)

120914_AH_0630.jpg

December 22: What do you do to put yourself in the holiday spirit?  Or, what inspires you?

December 23: Did the holidays sneak up on you?  

December 24: What are the best kinds of stocking stuffers?

December 25: What's your merriest moment?

December 26: Best part of winter?

December 27: What's your cold weather fashion style?

December 28: How do you like to spend a warm, cozy night at home?

download.jpe

December 29: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 30: Your thoughts on new year's resolutions...

December 31: Favorite type of champagne?  (Flavor, brand, garnish, glass - you name it!)

January 1: What are you looking forward to in the new year?  It could be simple or grand.

EXTRA prompts: I'll post these as they come to me...

-What traditions of yester-year do you feel have disappeared?  (It could be anything from a decorating style to something your family used to do, to something you've only read about in books.)

-What holiday creatures and critters do you just adore?  (Elves, reindeer, Mrs. Claus?)

-Do you have a story about a last minute gift?

-Do you have any holiday collections?  (Snowmen, angels, particular ornaments?)

-When do you "know" it's the holidays?

Re: BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

@lnum  I would wonder too!

I second (I mean third) this @Ispend2much6 @lnum 🤣

December 10: What's your decorating style?  I don't decorate since it's my cat and me.

December 10th: What is your decorating style? 🎄 

Our house is a mish mash of Christmas decorations 😅 anything that makes us smile that we've collected over the years. Example, We have a giant white and gold nutcracker we love so much but does not match anything... except like everything he dosent match so he's right at home 💚

December 9: Funniest (or worst) gift you ever got? Clothes that don’t fit 

December 10: What's your decorating style? Disney inspired with decorations around the house for the kids to enjoy. 

Oooh yes, clothes that don't fit or aren't to your personal taste are tough to recieve @SportyGirly125 😬

Funnies/worst gift: maybe not the WORST but I definitely remember my grandparents coming to visit us one Christmas when I was a kid and my grandmother knitted me a (very itchy, uncomfortable) sweater for Christmas.  As a kid, getting a sweater is bad enough but the sweater just barely fit over my head!  My mom insisted that I wear it that day to show my grandma my...uh...appreciation and it was absolute murder trying to get it on and off 😂.

@CookieGirl1  That reminds me of the scene in A Christmas Story where Ralphie is forced to wear the pink bunny suit. 😂  You got off a little bit easier, thankfully.  Maybe.

December 9: Funniest (or worst) gift you ever got?  When I was a youngster, Mom would always buy us underwear.  Why do mom's do that!?  Underwear is a need, not a gift!  When all your friends are getting Stretch Armstrong and you get...underwear? 😱

🤣🤣🤣 @Titian06 

@Titian06 I know!  When I was a kid my mom would gift me winter coats for my October bday...

@Titian06  I'm with you on that!  I do know that when money was tight we'd get similar from my grandparents.  As a child I didn't understand that.

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip? - I have so many shows I need to watch. All the Marvel shows on Disney+, Wednesday are the top ones. Hoping to get caught up soon since I'll have the week after Christmas off.

December 8: If Santa were to visit your house, what cookies would you leave out? - There's a grocery store near me called Market Street and they make THE BEST oatmeal raisin cookies. I think Santa would leave me everything on my wishlist after having them! 

@AznAngelLiz those cookies can be do good when done right!

@AznAngelLiz  Good oatmeal cookies are difficult to make, for me anyway.  Aldi's cranberry oatmeal cookies are pretty good; those are the best commercially made ones I've found where I am.

@Ispend2much6 my grandmother used to have some grocery store brand oatmeal cookies that were iced, and hard as rocks...but so good and underrated!

@greeneyedgirl107   I remember those!  They were about $1 a bag (or less.)  The coconut thins were made by the same company.

Looks like Archway makes them now.

archway cookies.jpg

@Ispend2much6 I used to work with a woman whose family owned Archway.   They sent trucks and trucks of cookies to her wedding. 

@greeneyedgirl107  That's one way to save money! 

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?

So many good ideas!  If I had more energy I'd make up a nice list.  For now, I'll say a bunch of tapas, or Chinese food.  Or maybe seafood!

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip?

There are so many that I like to watch.  The original Grinch, Mickey's Christmas Carol, A Garfield Christmas Special, A Christmas Story, Die Hard, Reindeer Games, Larry the Cable Guy's Christmas Spectacular, Christmas episodes of Married with Children/South Park/I Love Lucy/The Twilight Zone, Miracle on 34th Street, Home Alone, It's a Wonderful Life, Gremlins, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  I think I need a break from Love, Actually.

I did not enjoy elf.

IDK if I'll have time to try some new ones, like The Man Who Invented Christmas, Anna and the Apocalypse, Christmas in Connecticut and Joyeux Noel.

There are ones that I'd like to try watching as an adult, but don't have access to.  Like, Santa Clause: The MovieLook Who's Talking Now and Prancer.

December 8: If Santa were to visit your house, what cookies would you leave out?

I have a bag of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix that's begging to be used.

@greeneyedgirl107  Thank you for hosting this thread!  The Betty Crocker mix makes great sugar cookies!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • 27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg
  • natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg
  • best-christmas-cookies.jpg
  • 120914_AH_0630.jpg
  • download.jpe
  • 87FCD087-26B8-475C-9AF4-C03E4EAA24E5.jpeg
  • tumblr_mpouuknHuU1qkwwklo1_500
  • archway cookies.jpg
  • christmas cards.jpg