Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a thread for us to share the enjoyment of the winter holiday season.  There's magic in the air this time of year, so let's spread it around.  Post as often as you'd like, and feel free to offer your own prompts.

27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg

December 1: Hallmark movies (and similar): love 'em or leave 'em?

December 2: Favorite holiday desserts (candy, sweet treats, drinks, etc.)?

December 3: If you won $100 dollars, what beauty item would you run out and gift yourself?

December 4: Best thing about snow?

December 5: What winter drinks do you enjoy?  (Hot chocolate, tea, cocktails...)

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?

December 7: What movies and TV are on your watch list?  And which ones do you skip?

natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg

December 8: If Santa were to visit your house, what cookies would you leave out?

December 9: Funniest (or worst) gift you ever got?

December 10: What's your decorating style?

December 11: What songs/artists do you love to listen to?  Which ones make you cringe?

December 12: What kind of cards do you send out?  What kind do you like receiving?

December 13: What winter scents are you loving?  (It could be cologne, candles, food - you name it.)

December 14: Any winter activities that you like, or would like to try someday?

best-christmas-cookies.jpg

December 15: Post a meme.

December 16: What's your gifting style?  AND, what do you like to do for presentation?  (Gift wrap, tags, bags, etc?)

December 17: What blush do you like to use to give you those winter rosy cheeks?

December 18: How do you celebrate the holiday season with friends that have different traditions than you do?

December 19: Create your own prompt.

December 20: What beauty product are you into right now?

December 21: Favorite holiday toy?  (It could be one you received as a child, or one you've given to a child...or, one you will be gifting.)

120914_AH_0630.jpg

December 22: What do you do to put yourself in the holiday spirit?  Or, what inspires you?

December 23: Did the holidays sneak up on you?  

December 24: What are the best kinds of stocking stuffers?

December 25: What's your merriest moment?

December 26: Best part of winter?

December 27: What's your cold weather fashion style?

December 28: How do you like to spend a warm, cozy night at home?

download.jpe

December 29: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 30: Your thoughts on new year's resolutions...

December 31: Favorite type of champagne?  (Flavor, brand, garnish, glass - you name it!)

January 1: What are you looking forward to in the new year?  It could be simple or grand.

EXTRA prompts: I'll post these as they come to me...

-What traditions of yester-year do you feel have disappeared?  (It could be anything from a decorating style to something your family used to do, to something you've only read about in books.)

-What holiday creatures and critters do you just adore?  (Elves, reindeer, Mrs. Claus?)

-Do you have a story about a last minute gift?

-Do you have any holiday collections?  (Snowmen, angels, particular ornaments?)

-When do you "know" it's the holidays?

Re: BIC's 2022 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

Ahhh @Kim888, the Feast of Seven Fishes is so beautiful. And delicious! 😋

@Kim888 ohhh your feast would be delicious 

December 1: Hallmark movies (and similar): love 'em or leave 'em?  No thanks.

December 2: Favorite holiday desserts (candy, sweet treats, drinks, etc.)?  I'm not much of a sweets/desserts person.  However, there is a local chocolate company that I won't say "no" to. 😁

December 3: If you won $100 dollars, what beauty item would you run out and gift yourself?  At the moment, nothing.  After Black November, I'm good.

December 4: Best thing about snow?  Snow days!  But with telework, that's a thing of the past now too.

December 5: What winter drinks do you enjoy?  (Hot chocolate, tea, cocktails...)  Vegan eggnog, hot chocolate, and hot tea.

December 6: If you could plan an ideal holiday feast, what would be on your menu?  Umm...

"there is a local chocolate company that I won't say "no" to.

It's always good to support your local businesses @Titian06! I think several visits to the local chocolate company next year is in order. 😆

@itsfi - I do my best to support local businesses (regional as well).  I'm sure I can work in several visits to the chocolate store. 😁🍫

@Titian06 Black November is turning into Black December for me LOL. I haven't heard of vegan eggnog before, need to find a place to get it at now. 

Oops, I spoke too soon. Looks like Target sells them. Adding to my list.

@AznAngelLiz - Glad you found it.  I believe it's actually called dairy-free eggnog, but I don't think there are other animal products in it.  I can tell you, at least around here, it's a good idea to buy it when you see it.  It sells out fast!

@Titian06 Black November!  I haven't heard that before but ... yep. 

@missjeanie - I made that up because of all the early Black Friday sales going on throughout the month.  If it's really a term, I haven't heard it either! 😄

@Titian06  You’re an innovator!! It suits this years sales perfectly!

December 1: Hallmark movies (and similar): love 'em or leave 'em?  I think they're kinda cheesy, so I prefer regular classic Christmas movies like It's a Wonderful Life and Scrooged

December 2: Favorite holiday desserts (candy, sweet treats, drinks, etc.)?  Mints and sea salt caramels. Also gingerbread cookies. Really all the sweets this time of year!

December 3: If you won $100 dollars, what beauty item would you run out and gift yourself?  Hmm, maybe new Tom Ford Quad

December 4: Best thing about snow?  How pretty it looks when it's falling. I love snow- still play in it when we get enough!

December 5: What winter drinks do you enjoy?  (Hot chocolate, tea, cocktails...)  I drink hot tea year round, but this time of year I love spicing it up with cinnamon teas and peppermint teas. Also spiced cider, hot chocolate (with 'mallows), and always add a splash of cranberry to whatever cocktails I'm having this time of year. 

@quspork, cinnamon teas are so warm and cozy; perfect for the season! 😍

@quspork I much prefer Christmas movies like the ones you mentioned and even The Santa Claus or Home Alone than Hallmark movies. 

Yes, there are so many good ones, @AznAngelLiz!

@quspork it's a wonderful life is a major tradition for me ☺️ my kids were ringing lots of bells as we were putting the Christmas tree up 😇

I can't help but think of that movie whenever a bell rings, @lmaster

tumblr_mpouuknHuU1qkwwklo1_500

Day 5: I can't stop drinking peppermint hot chocolate!

@CookieGirl1, I had a scoop of hot chocolate peppermint ice cream the other day. Mmmm, ice cream. 🍨

@itsfi Ohhh, you speak my love language 💚🍨.  What brand?  Not many brands do that flavor.

I love ice cream. ♥️ It can solve many a problem @CookieGirl1! We went out to dinner the other night and the restaurant had homemade hot chocolate peppermint ice cream, so I had to order that. Delicious! 

My taste buds then wanted more so I hunted down the flavor - Breyers. It was a hit with friends and houseguests for an after dinner treat, a mid afternoon snack, a … 😂 

Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • 27-Best-Vintage-Christmas-Ornaments-In-The-1950s-And-1960s.jpg
  • natale-caminetto-lineavz.jpg
  • best-christmas-cookies.jpg
  • 120914_AH_0630.jpg
  • download.jpe
  • 87FCD087-26B8-475C-9AF4-C03E4EAA24E5.jpeg
  • tumblr_mpouuknHuU1qkwwklo1_500
  • archway cookies.jpg
  • christmas cards.jpg
  • angel cutter.jpg