Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2022 Countdown to Halloween Thread!!!

Now that fall is in full swing, this is a thread for us to talk about the fun of the season.  We can post about autumn, Halloween or anything else you wish to share.  Whether you're looking back at fond memories, or have new ones to make, we want to hear about it.

different-pumpkin-colors.jpg

I'd like to have a prompt for each day.  Feel free to post as often as you'd like...and to add your own prompts.  

October 1: What's your favorite part about fall?

October 2: How do you change up your skincare now that it's getting colder?

October 3: What fall decorating style do you have?

October 4: Do you change up your makeup with the seasons?

October 5: What trends are you looking forward to trying this season?  (It could be beauty, fashion, food - whatever!)

October 6: Favorite fall food?

October 7: Do you send out Halloween cards?

35090e154d45008145c2d74367d5915c.jpg

October 8: What classic fall activities have you participated in?  (And which have you only heard about?)

October 9: Do you have any seasonal traditions?  Or, would you like to start any?

October 10: Post a fall/Halloween meme.

October 11: How do you trick-or-treat?

October 12: Best fall memory?

October 13: Pumpkin spice - yay or nay?

October 14: Favorite scent for this time of year?

black-cat-pumpkins-bays-blog-m146689.jpg

October 15: What's your pumpkin style?  

October 16: Favorite Halloween movie?  (Or TV series)

October 17: Are you a good witch or a bad witch? 

October 18: Favorite fall flowers?  

October 19: Favorite fall drink?

October 20: What costumes have you worn in the past?

October 21: Best solution for dry lips and dry hands?

halloween-tray-royalty-free-image-167234480-1537199287.jpg

October 22: What's you favorite type of fall fashion?

October 23: Have you started your Christmas shopping?

October 24: Apples, apples, apples!  What kind do you like to eat?  Do you prefer them raw or baked in a pie?  Have you ever gone apple picking?  Best apple cider?

October 25: Any fall resolutions?

October 26: Are you missing summer?  If so, why?  

October 27: What's a beauty product that you're dying to try this season?  Any festive makeup planned for Halloween?

October 28: Fall sale!  What's on your list?

October 29: Fun size or full size?  Sound off!

Candy-toffee-apples-848x477.jpg

October 30: If you could pick any costume(s) to wear, what would it be?

October 31: What's your favorite Halloween candy?  (And least favorite!)

Re: BIC's 2022 Countdown to Halloween Thread!!!

@CynthieLu My co-worker just tried to buy a box but could only find the pumpkin roll, which tasted quite different.

October 9: Do you have any seasonal traditions?  Or, would you like to start any?  Assuming you're talking Halloween, eating Candy Corn and enjoying all things pumpkin. 

October 9: Do you have any seasonal traditions?  Or, would you like to start any?  I grew up in an Asian household and we didn't really have seasonal traditions except for visiting the grave during Easter and Chinese New Year.  We didn't even really celebrate Christmas.  Now having kiddos, we make it a tradition to go to Disneyland for the holidays and the Pumpkin Patch.

This is a fun post @greeneyedgirl107 

Today, Oct 8 What classic fall activities have you participated in? And 🧙‍ have you only heard about?

I love watching Halloween movies with my little one 😋 this time of year its treats and Halloween movies until the big Trick or Treat night. 

I have never been to a haunted house this time of year, only heard other people in other places go to those. 

20211007_214127.jpg

20211007_214322.jpg

We've done Corn Mazes and Lit up at Night Pumpkin Art displays, hard to believe those are all made from 🎃 😋

@CynthieLu Wow!  That is incredible!

@greeneyedgirl107 - Great thread! 🥰

October 1: What's your favorite part about fall?  Leaves changing color; crisp, sunny days; craft festivals.

October 2: How do you change up your skincare now that it's getting colder?  Heavier moisturizer and moisturizing cleanser.

October 3: What fall decorating style do you have?  Are you kidding?  I have a cat! 🐈  I haven't decorated in 35+ years. 😄

October 4: Do you change up your makeup with the seasons?  No, I always wear what I want any time of the year...though I probably do start wearing more dark colors in the fall.

October 5: What trends are you looking forward to trying this season?  (It could be beauty, fashion, food - whatever!)  I don't follow trends, but I love all things pumpkin, which seems to trend in the fall. 

October 6: Favorite fall food?  Candy Corn, all things pumpkin, hot chocolate.

October 7: Do you send out Halloween cards?  Is this a thing?  I said I don't follow trends! 😁

October 8: What classic fall activities have you participated in?  (And which have you only heard about?)  My community has a boatload of craft festivals, a wool festival, a Renaissance festival, an apple butter festival, and high school and college football games.

October 1: What's your favorite part about fall?  The smell of drying leaves, the cooler temperatures and getting to pull out the warmer clothes!  I love fall fashion more than anything!  

October 2: How do you change up your skincare now that it's getting colder?   i start layering more skincare and using heavier creams 

October 3: What fall decorating style do you have?  the faux fur starts appearing and the house starts warming up with browns and oranges.  

October 4: Do you change up your makeup with the seasons?  yes.  My makeup gets heavier and darker.  Bring on the vampy lip shades!  Oh wait, I sneak those in all year- but more so now;) 

October 5: What trends are you looking forward to trying this season?  (It could be beauty, fashion, food - whatever!)

October 8: What classic fall activities have you participated in?  (And which have you only heard about?) We usually go to the Pumpkin Patch and of course Disneyland for Halloween time. 

C4AFABE6-4AC6-4093-A54E-4CB18389ED34.jpeg

9607A111-AFF5-4464-A744-9BB7911D7665.jpeg

46D1A816-57CC-4B02-845D-A3D815E25866.jpeg

B7130FEC-FFC9-4039-8921-7B8B8BB8B12D.jpeg

FC186123-F808-4F31-94C7-6681B54EF754.jpeg

Love these pictures! @SportyGirly125 

@CynthieLu Thank you!

Oct. 8: This year we went to a local Oktoberfest, and in the past I’ve gone to much larger regional ones. Of course, I’ve done my fair share of pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and haunted houses as a child and in college. I also always try to hit up the Disney parks when they are decorated for Halloween, usually in September though. Here’s a picture from this years Disney Spooky Season!

EBBECCCB-B744-45A2-9D2F-48CC03F3CEDF.jpeg

@alexasteph Great pic!

With the clouds and the pumpkins 🎃 it looks so fall festive @alexasteph 

@greeneyedgirl107  Such a great idea!!

I love the change in weather. Warmer clothes the smell of a crisp morning. 

October 2: How do you change up your skincare now that it's getting colder? I add in a thicker moisturizer and do more moisturizing masks!! 

Decorating? What’s that. Just kidding. I am not the best decorator so I put a sequence pumpkin on my entry table. Does that count?? 

Makeup no. I use to go more deeper colours but I’ve been doing a more natural look since my mornings are busy! 

Ive been super into trying new nail trends. So I can’t wait to see what new trends that arrive. 

pumpkin everything!!! Pumpkin pie! 

of course!!! 

@ather Would love to see your Halloween cards!

@greeneyedgirl107 @Thank you for creating this countdown! Fall is my favourite season so this really speaks to me!

The crisp air and fall fashion

October 2: How do you change up your skincare now that it's getting colder?

I try to use more thick moisturizers. I try to go for a facial once per season but can't always make it.

I don't know if I have a distinct style. I put Mum's on my porch and have some glass pumpkins and fall candles i put around the house.

I definitely change my nail polish colour to darker shades. Sometimes I will wear a more bold lip in the Fall when I am going out.

I really look forward to egg nog! It comes out around this time of year. I put it in my coffee until it is no longer available. I also like wearing loafers and sweaters in the Fall.

I like a beef stew or a squash soup this time of year.

No

@Mellmars1185 You're welcome!

@greeneyedgirl107 @Thank you for starting this!!!! 

October 1: so many things!!! But I think my favorite is all the smells! Changing leaves, cool air, pumpkin treats, it’s just all something you can inhale !!! 

October 2: definitely a heavier moisturizer! I don’t control the heat in my apartment so my skin gets very dry!!! 

October 3: my thanksgiving decor looks more fall-y. Right now it’s all about Halloween! 

October 4: I switch my lip and nails to berry shades! 

October 5: not really a trend, but I love boot weather ! Boots make every outfit look put together ! 

October 6: All the pumpkin stuff!! 

@Kim888 You are quite welcome! 

Oct. 1: I love the transition of colors from late summer to early fall. I’m definitely an autumn so I gravitate towards those hues naturally, and I feel the most comfortable when they are seasonally appropriate. 

Oct. 2: Usually I just reach for a more hydrating moisturizer. The rest of my skin care remains part of the core routine regardless of season. 

Oct. 3: Halloween decorations are my favorite, this years theme seems to be centered around black cats. 

Oct. 4: I wear fuller coverage foundation, and go a little heavier on the eyes. Darker lipsticks start making their way in to the rotation as well. 

Oct. 5: I don’t really pay attention to season trends. 

Oct. 6: I’m a sucker for pumpkin. Not ashamed. 

Oct. 7: No Halloween cards. Is that a thing?

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos41
  • different-pumpkin-colors.jpg
  • 35090e154d45008145c2d74367d5915c.jpg
  • black-cat-pumpkins-bays-blog-m146689.jpg
  • halloween-tray-royalty-free-image-167234480-1537199287.jpg
  • Candy-toffee-apples-848x477.jpg
  • EBBECCCB-B744-45A2-9D2F-48CC03F3CEDF.jpeg
  • 9607A111-AFF5-4464-A744-9BB7911D7665.jpeg
  • B7130FEC-FFC9-4039-8921-7B8B8BB8B12D.jpeg
  • 46D1A816-57CC-4B02-845D-A3D815E25866.jpeg