Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a special area for us to talk about all the fun of the season.  No matter what you celebrate or how, we want to share it!  This is a thread inspired by those of veronika23 from yesteryear.  You can post about beauty, memories, traditions or anything you want.

unnamed.gif

I'd like to continue with the idea of having a prompt for each day.  Feel free to post as often as you'd like...and to add your own prompts.  

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes?

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet?

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?

December 5: What is your decorating style?

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!)

December 9: What was the best gift you ever received?  What gift was the best you ever gave?

December 10: What kind of greeting cards are your favorite to send...and to receive?

December 11: What is your go-to holiday red (or pink) lip?

December 12: Snow...yay or nay?

December 13: Do you have a favorite holiday drink?  

December 14: What holiday sale do you look forward to the most?

December 15: Do you have a most-loved holiday food or snack?

shutterstock_748781014.jpg

December 16: What's your best (and worst!) holiday grab-bag experience?!

December 17: Is there a holiday memory that stands out for you?

December 18: What kind of nail art are you into this year?

December 19: What holiday TV shows/episodes are your nearest and dearest?

December 20: What beauty product has been your saving grace this year?

December 21: What's your gifting style?  

December 22: Sound off on beauty advent calendars!

December 23: Who is someone special you're thinking of this season?

December 24: What's a makeup look you are loving?  

December 25: Post a holiday wish!

December 26: Any gifts you already know that you'll be returning?

December 27: What is your favorite kind of sweater to wear in the winter?

December 28: If you could design a beauty gift set for the new year, what would be in it?  (And what price would it be?)

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year?

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise.

giphy.gif

P.S. I'm posting this off the cuff, so I may be editing the OP.

Re: BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

December 11: What is your go-to holiday red (or pink) lip?  As long as it's red, that's my go-to! 😁

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most? Christmas music and decorations 

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes? I don’t have a holiday scent but I bought Chanel Coco Mademoiselle the Xmas when I stated working after college so Xmas memory there

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet? Die Hard (haha I’m lame 😂🤣). All the real Xmas movies😜 I’ve seen bits here and there but never the whole movie

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe? My husband and son

December 5: What is your decorating style? Light and lots of light 

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it? Get me all the perfumes so I can sniff (wait didn’t Santa already do that?)

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start? Having a Christmas tree at a minimal. I like to help my kid decorate the front yard

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!) Last Christmas, Baby it’s cold outside… seriously I like all of them

December 9: What was the best gift you ever received?  What gift was the best you ever gave? An iPad. Almost every year I give my husband Diptyque Oud Palao and Tom Ford Neroli Portofino and he used up every drop so money well spent

December 10: What kind of greeting cards are your favorite to send...and to receive? Now this makes me sad. I love cards but I rarely send one and therefore rarely receive back. Nowadays I just text and it’s sad. Maybe one day I will make time to make handmade cards

@blackkitty2014   So much cuteness in your lists- I enjoyed reading it!

December 10 - my favorite holiday cards to send are hand made, but I always hope for photos in return. 

42366E8A-4292-40A5-AC84-BB3E4B2B971F.jpeg

Spoiler
My Mom sent this ridiculously intricate die-cut topiary in a package of other random items last month. Every different color is on different paper, hand cranked through an old-timey die-cut machine. When I showed her my prototype, she was so touched that I had actually put it to use, that I knew I had to use it for my cards this year. I salvaged the glitter felt I purchased that went along with the Christmas Village she also sent another year, to use for the snowy hill.

I love receiving photo cards of the entire year, and even a full-on Christmas letter is pretty entertaining. 
000DA4F8-41D0-4E2D-A5CB-2D01E868FC95.jpeg

My pup’s Christmas cameo a couple of years ago. I think her face says it all.

@eshoe ,

These are both wonderful cards!  Beautiful handmade card.  😍

I love your pup!  So cute.  Priceless expression!

Thank you for the kind words, @tsavorite! Thankfully my pup responds very well to treats, so she puts up with minor inconveniences like this once in awhile☺️

@eshoe   The card looks like it took a long time to make!  The antlers on your dog- cute!  Did he fight you when you put them on?

The card, yes, it seemed to take too long, @Ispend2much6. The first time, anyway. I learned to enjoy it and it ended up being a nice little escape!

I bought those antlers on Etsy, and no-they are absolutely not enjoyed! That look happens every time I put them on her😂

@eshoe  I get it.  Repetitive, not-so-thought consuming activities can be very relaxing.  Making pasta is that way for me, every time.  I should make it more often.

Do you hand crank it, @Ispend2much6? I have one and maybe I should pull it down from the very top shelf, although I am afraid it would just sit around for a few days before I put it back.

It is almost Christmas cookie time! 

@eshoe   Last year I did, and it was very therapeutic.  I also have the Kitchenaid Roller, but you have to work fast and not take many breaks to use it.  If I was making days' worth of pasta, I would use it, but for Christmas dinner, the hand roller is fine.

Agh!  I am starting to fear I won't bake.  I just can't get motivated.

I think we could hang out together in real life and have a lot of fun. All of you West Coasters need to move East, and bring your families. 🙂

I don’t know, @Ispend2much6 - I am a little intimidated by the weather on the eastern half! 

I know, it is getting close and I am nowhere nearing to baking than I was a month ago. I did buy some extra flour and butter today, so…progress? 

@eshoe - Those two cards are incredible!  As a crafter, I can understand the time and effort that goes into making a handmade card.  These a wonderful! 💖💖💖

Aww thank you @Titian06! It is nice to be able to share it with others ☺️ 

@eshoe Omg that is amazing. Also love your fur babies pic with Santa. 

Thank you @SportyGirly125. I knew you would understand the work that went in to something this seemingly…insignificant. Hand gluing every snow dot, flower and sequin snowflake at first really annoyed me. Once I realized that I should just appreciate the fact that I had the actual time to do it, it became a lot more enjoyable.

@eshoe Isn’t it sort of relaxing?  I kind of get lost in it. That reminds me of when I was making paper flowers and getting burned by the glue gun but the finished product was worth it. 

@SportyGirly125 I only realized after buying my daughter a glue gun that they had ‘low-heat’ ones. So much better! The product is always worth it, I remember your paper flowers from exchanges here and they were always incredible. 

@eshoe Awww thank you. 

December 10: What kind of greeting cards are your favorite to send...and to receive?  I know most people now send photo notecards, but my favorite to send and receive are traditional cards.  I've always gotten a happy feeling from opening up cards.  I like the thrill of opening up an envelope, then seeing the front of the card, then opening it and reading the inside.  As a child I really enjoyed seeing the variety of cards that people sent my family, from stoic Christian cards to modern cards with a cityscape.  It was interesting to see each sender's style.

As an adult, I like to send cards that are somewhat "traditional."  I've sent ones with angels, ones with faux velvet, Victorian-style ones, vintage-inspired ones, and ones with glitter.  I personally prefer ones that say "Merry Christmas," and I keep ones that say "Season's Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" to my send to friends that do not celebrate Christmas.  I'm pretty rigid in my card preferences, in that I like a heavier card stock and envelope.  It can be hard to meet my expectations!  I just had a co-worker tell me that she looks forward to my cards every year; my dad ran into a family friend that said the same.  I kind of feel like I have a standard to uphold!

I really wish I had kept one of each that I've sent in the last decade, b/c there really were some beauties.

December 10 - My favourite gift cards to receieve are surprise ones in the mail. I like to send ones it the mail with Christmas family photos as a surprise for family. I like receiving cards that have winter weather scenes and i like sending trendy cards with sparkles and a fancy font. A funny Christmas card is always classic.

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • unnamed.gif
  • shutterstock_748781014.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • AznAngelLiz_0-1639002863766.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_1-1639002887567.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_2-1639002915153.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_3-1639002948296.jpeg
  • 2XdA.gif
  • snow day 2.jpg