Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a special area for us to talk about all the fun of the season.  No matter what you celebrate or how, we want to share it!  This is a thread inspired by those of veronika23 from yesteryear.  You can post about beauty, memories, traditions or anything you want.

unnamed.gif

I'd like to continue with the idea of having a prompt for each day.  Feel free to post as often as you'd like...and to add your own prompts.  

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes?

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet?

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?

December 5: What is your decorating style?

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!)

December 9: What was the best gift you ever received?  What gift was the best you ever gave?

December 10: What kind of greeting cards are your favorite to send...and to receive?

December 11: What is your go-to holiday red (or pink) lip?

December 12: Snow...yay or nay?

December 13: Do you have a favorite holiday drink?  

December 14: What holiday sale do you look forward to the most?

December 15: Do you have a most-loved holiday food or snack?

shutterstock_748781014.jpg

December 16: What's your best (and worst!) holiday grab-bag experience?!

December 17: Is there a holiday memory that stands out for you?

December 18: What kind of nail art are you into this year?

December 19: What holiday TV shows/episodes are your nearest and dearest?

December 20: What beauty product has been your saving grace this year?

December 21: What's your gifting style?  

December 22: Sound off on beauty advent calendars!

December 23: Who is someone special you're thinking of this season?

December 24: What's a makeup look you are loving?  

December 25: Post a holiday wish!

December 26: Any gifts you already know that you'll be returning?

December 27: What is your favorite kind of sweater to wear in the winter?

December 28: If you could design a beauty gift set for the new year, what would be in it?  (And what price would it be?)

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year?

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise.

giphy.gif

P.S. I'm posting this off the cuff, so I may be editing the OP.

Re: BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

@faeriegirl  Your husband is a sweetie!  He knows your heart.

December 9: What was the best gift you ever received?  What gift was the best you ever gave?  The best gift I ever received was a TV from my parents when I was in fourth grade.  In the early 90s kids didn't have TVs in their rooms.  Of course, it was a typical self-serving gift from my mother, b/c she was tired of arguing with me over what to watch.  

I think the best "gift" I ever gave was to my sister the same year our mom died.  I spent like $500 on gifts for her.  It was great to give her that many presents under the tree - there were so many that I had to put a few in a box or else I would have been wrapping for an eternity.  I even bought so many stocking stuffers for her that I filled three stockings.  I actually felt a little bad about it b/c her BFF called her up and asked her how her Christmas was.  My sister said, "Oh  my God - my sister got me so much stuff!"  You see, her friend doesn't have a supportive family so I felt bad for her friend.  For a while after that I tried to always give her friend a little something for Christmas.

Awww, that was so thoughtful of you, @greeneyedgirl107 !  💖💖💖

@Titian06 Thanks!  🙂 ❤️

A delayed December 8th post because mobile was being so stubborn yesterday, I love holiday music.  I used to own Eazy E’s Christmas album on vinyl.  This year, I’ve been enjoying some more poppy songs on my playlist.  Justin Bieber and Busta Rhymes’ rendition of the Drummer Boy, Arianna Grande’s December, Britney Spears and Christmas in the Ghetto by David Banner.

I work retail. Every Christmas Starbucks will play the Muppets’ Christmas Carol and hearing Miss Piggie in surround sound while I’m making coffee… Is not it.

Best gift I’ve ever received?

My mother took me to Disneyworld in 1999, just weeks after her cancer diagnosis as a Christmas gift. But if we’re talking tangible gifts… she gave so many over the years.  I think my favorite beauty gift was the Urban Decay Book of Shadows vol 3, with the New York skyline. My other favorites would be my first Tupac shirt (when I was 11) and a game boy color (with Pokémon yellow) when I was 6.

I think I’ve given lots of nice gifts over the years. I think one of the best was a custom made necklace for my grandmother with each of her five kids’ birthstones. 

December 9: What was the best gift you ever received?  What gift was the best you ever gave?  Best gift I ever received hmm...Probably my gift to myself of my first ever pair of UGGs! Gosh I loved those things. But not from myself probably my yearly gift of an NFL Jersey. My mom and brother take turns every year. Best gift I've given? Hmm thats a tough one, I love finding old video games for my brother, though we need to replace a part in the NES or just get a new expensive one. And this year I edited some photos for @sprocketta and she was really happy about that and that made me feel good. It seemed like it wasn't much to me but to her it was so that felt really nice. 

@Samtian  That was really nice of you.

Best gift I've ever received,,, wow that's a hard one, but I'm going with good ol CASH!!  The best gift I've ever given, probably my boys would say dirt bikes, even though my boys are 13 months apart, they are still very much like twins because I have to get two of the same thing or one will always like the others better 🤣

@lmaster  Wise parenting there!

@Ispend2much6 oh my gosh!! Yep I learned my lesson about 3 years ago,,, two of everything 🤣

Dec 9 - The best goft i ever received for Christmas was my Instapot!

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!) 
I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas is my favorite. I can’t stand Santa Baby.

@faeriegirl I just got into "Santa Baby" this year, but I totally hear you about it being grating.  IDK what turned me around with it.

@faeriegirl that song is so cute!!

@faeriegirl  I want a hippopotamus is my fav too!

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!)  I love-love-love "A Christmas Gift for You" by Phil Spector with Darlene Love, The Ronettes, The Crystals, etc.  I also really like Andy Williams.  Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, Bing Crosby and so many others are good.  One Christmas song I could never stand was "The Little Drummer Boy" - esp the rump-a-pum-pum part!

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?  Decorations.

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes?  Smelling homemade cookies (sugar, gingersnaps, kipferls, etc.).

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet?  Christmas Story; most of them.

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?  No one.

December 5: What is your decorating style?  None.

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?

Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 

PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 

TOM FORD Eye Color Quad Eyeshadow Palette (any or all that I don't have)

A foundation that actually matches my skin tone!

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?  None; no. 

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!)  Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses and The Little Drummer Boy by Bing Crosby and David Bowie; I can't stand Mariah Carey.

Dec. 8- Favorite Christmas song and cringe-worthy song- "Mary's Song" by Amy Grant is my favorite (although I really like most of them,) but I have to say I draw the line at "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer."

@Ispend2much6  Omg I forgot about grandma got run over by a reindeer lol

@ather   I really listened to the lyrics recently; they're truly awful!

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!)  I really dislike Mariah Carey 😬. I don't mind the classics sang by carolers. 

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • unnamed.gif
  • shutterstock_748781014.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • AznAngelLiz_0-1639002863766.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_1-1639002887567.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_2-1639002915153.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_3-1639002948296.jpeg
  • 2XdA.gif
  • snow day 2.jpg
  • wreath 2.jpg