Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a special area for us to talk about all the fun of the season.  No matter what you celebrate or how, we want to share it!  This is a thread inspired by those of veronika23 from yesteryear.  You can post about beauty, memories, traditions or anything you want.

unnamed.gif

I'd like to continue with the idea of having a prompt for each day.  Feel free to post as often as you'd like...and to add your own prompts.  

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes?

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet?

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?

December 5: What is your decorating style?

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!)

December 9: What was the best gift you ever received?  What gift was the best you ever gave?

December 10: What kind of greeting cards are your favorite to send...and to receive?

December 11: What is your go-to holiday red (or pink) lip?

December 12: Snow...yay or nay?

December 13: Do you have a favorite holiday drink?  

December 14: What holiday sale do you look forward to the most?

December 15: Do you have a most-loved holiday food or snack?

shutterstock_748781014.jpg

December 16: What's your best (and worst!) holiday grab-bag experience?!

December 17: Is there a holiday memory that stands out for you?

December 18: What kind of nail art are you into this year?

December 19: What holiday TV shows/episodes are your nearest and dearest?

December 20: What beauty product has been your saving grace this year?

December 21: What's your gifting style?  

December 22: Sound off on beauty advent calendars!

December 23: Who is someone special you're thinking of this season?

December 24: What's a makeup look you are loving?  

December 25: Post a holiday wish!

December 26: Any gifts you already know that you'll be returning?

December 27: What is your favorite kind of sweater to wear in the winter?

December 28: If you could design a beauty gift set for the new year, what would be in it?  (And what price would it be?)

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year?

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise.

giphy.gif

P.S. I'm posting this off the cuff, so I may be editing the OP.

Re: BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

@Samtian  Totally agree!!

@Samtian - I thought I was the only one who dislikes Mariah Carey! 😝

@Titian06 Haha that's what I have been thinking too!

Dec. 8: Carol of the Bells, any version, don’t care, it’s my favorite hands down. I have a playlist of only different versions of Carol of the Bells. Emmy Rossum’s is probably my favorite one. Other songs don’t necessarily make me cringe, I just don’t enjoy them as much haha. 

Ooh, good call, @alexasteph. Love Carol of the Bells! 

@alexasteph  I’ll have to ask google to play this one. I don’t know it by name!

@ather I think you’ll recognize it! It’s pretty common in Christmas movies, ads, etc. If you’ve seen Home Alone it’s the song the church choir starts singing then it shifts to a more rock version before Kevin goes to set all the traps and such at his house haha. Classic scene! 

@alexasteph We had pizza at work today which is a total treat since I usually eat a lukewarm yogurt and work through lunch at my desk, and I was literally like this:

2XdA.gif

It doesn’t matter if you’re a McCallister kid or @greeneyedgirl107 at her desk pizza is ALWAYS exciting.

@alexasteph  I definitely know which part your talking about 🤣

December 8 - I am loving the song 'Last Christmas' by Wham!  It is so nostalgic. I dont like the cheesey songs they play on some radio stations over and over again like 'I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause'

@Mellmars1185  There’s a game called Whamageddon that is basically a ping the song last Christmas by wham. I like it too

@ather I will check it out!!

Dec. 7- What traditions do you like to follow? 

Traditions are really hit or miss here.  We like to drive and look at the houses that are lit up with lights, listen to Christmas music, usually homemade pizza on Christmas Eve (which started as a desperation celebration meal, and took off from there.)  I do try to bake a good amount of cookies, for us and for gifts.

@Ispend2much6  Sounds like a Percy tradition!! We drive and look at lights with coco on Christmas Day!! 

@ather  Fun!

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?

He needs weekly massages, meditation, and yoga. A year long wellness retreat in a warm tropical place.

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?

Christmas is a new tradition for me, it is not part of my heritage. We celebrate secular Christmas for the past few years now.

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?  I put up a tree, decorate outside, mail cards and watch Christmas movies.  I also listen to Christmas music when I can.  I would love to have more traditions, though! 

I had a friend that would put up one little decoration a day, which I thought was fun.

I'd also like to do stocking stuffers with my husband, but I think we know how that'd turn out!

I'd also like to have an awesome advent calendar a la "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."  I never thought I'd be able to have one, but nowadays they're on trend, so I think I should put some effort into scouting them next year.

I'd also like celebrate some of the "smaller" holidays in the season that aren't as commercialized.  For example, St. Nicholas Day or what they call "Russian Christmas" where I live.

@greeneyedgirl107  Sounds like a good idea; those smaller holidays can be more meaningful and focused.

Today is December 7th. My traditions arr to celebrrate the holidays with my family having dinner. A nee tradition i would like to start is giving and receiving less gifts. I have realized over the past 2 years that moments are more precious than things

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most? Gift shopping!

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes? Spices

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet? I do not like Christmas Movies. But I don't mind Home Alone series.

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe? Tom Hardy. 

December 5: What is your decorating style? None haha. Mom likes to do it. 

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it? I already have one haha.

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?I like opening a gift on X-Mas eve.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • unnamed.gif
  • shutterstock_748781014.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • AznAngelLiz_0-1639002863766.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_1-1639002887567.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_2-1639002915153.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_3-1639002948296.jpeg
  • 2XdA.gif
  • snow day 2.jpg