Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a special area for us to talk about all the fun of the season.  No matter what you celebrate or how, we want to share it!  This is a thread inspired by those of veronika23 from yesteryear.  You can post about beauty, memories, traditions or anything you want.

unnamed.gif

I'd like to continue with the idea of having a prompt for each day.  Feel free to post as often as you'd like...and to add your own prompts.  

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes?

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet?

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?

December 5: What is your decorating style?

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!)

December 9: What was the best gift you ever received?  What gift was the best you ever gave?

December 10: What kind of greeting cards are your favorite to send...and to receive?

December 11: What is your go-to holiday red (or pink) lip?

December 12: Snow...yay or nay?

December 13: Do you have a favorite holiday drink?  

December 14: What holiday sale do you look forward to the most?

December 15: Do you have a most-loved holiday food or snack?

shutterstock_748781014.jpg

December 16: What's your best (and worst!) holiday grab-bag experience?!

December 17: Is there a holiday memory that stands out for you?

December 18: What kind of nail art are you into this year?

December 19: What holiday TV shows/episodes are your nearest and dearest?

December 20: What beauty product has been your saving grace this year?

December 21: What's your gifting style?  

December 22: Sound off on beauty advent calendars!

December 23: Who is someone special you're thinking of this season?

December 24: What's a makeup look you are loving?  

December 25: Post a holiday wish!

December 26: Any gifts you already know that you'll be returning?

December 27: What is your favorite kind of sweater to wear in the winter?

December 28: If you could design a beauty gift set for the new year, what would be in it?  (And what price would it be?)

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year?

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise.

giphy.gif

P.S. I'm posting this off the cuff, so I may be editing the OP.

Re: BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

@greeneyedgirl107  Thanks for hosting!

12/1-  What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?  Our Christmas tree.  It's also the last decoration we put away after Christmas (sometimes in February!)

12/2- What fragrance gives you holiday vibes?  None, sorry!

12/3- Which holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which haven't you seen?  Oh, we've neglected watching these for a few years!  We always watch Elf and Miracle on 34th St.  I need to watch White Christmas this year.  I probably haven't seen any Hallmark Christmas movies.

12/4- Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?  My husband.

12/5- What is your decorating style?  Lots of lights, I'm not afraid to use fake vinyl snowflakes on the windows.

12/6- If you could give Santa an insane beaut list...Oh, I think I would list all of Valentino's products!  I'd like to try them, but not pay for them.

@Ispend2much6 I agree on the Valentino products!! Still if/what I need to pick up during the sale. 

@AznAngelLiz  I'm trying to resist...

Love this thread @greeneyedgirl107  !

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most? Christmas Movies 🍿 

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes? Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace its so warm and cozy, like being curled up beside the fire on Christmas Eve with a glass of Egg Nog 🥃

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  All versions of the Grinch, A Christmas Story, The Holiday, The Ploar Express, The Family Stone, All the classics like Frosty and Santa Clase is coming to town. Which ones haven't you seen yet? Love Actually and Single All The Way are on my watch list for tomorrow ❤️

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe? My husband, tomorrow we’ll be celebrating 10 years together.

December 5: What is your decorating style? I called it Christmas Collected. Loved items passed down and collected through the years with an overall traditional Red White Christmas vibes and a lot of pops of Disney. Christmas is so fun and colourful. 

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it? Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Brow Pencil , Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Merry, Smooth & Bright , Maison Margiela REPLICA' Jazz Club Eau de Toilette 1 oz/ 30 mL , SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO 6-Piece Brush Set , Natasha Denona Bronze Eyeshadow Palette , Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow , bareMinerals Strength & Length Serum-Infused Mascara Extreme Black , Hourglass Vegan Travel Brush Set All the hourglass products. 😅 Some Lord Jones Mini High CBD Formula Bath Salts 1.5 oz/ 42.5 g Lord Jones Lord Jones High CBD Formula Chill Balm 200mg CBD 1.4 oz/ 40g Lord Jones Lord Jones High CBD Formula Chill Balm 200mg CBD 1.4 oz/ 40g Lord Jones High CBD Formula Body Lotion 🙂 Dyson Airwrap™ Complete Styler Limited Edition Set Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Briogeo Honey Hydration Don't Despair, Repair! Hair Repair Kit 

A couple days late, but Happy Anniversary to you, @bakeamuffin!

Happy belated 10th anniversary, @bakeamuffin! 💖

@bakeamuffin That Hourglass brush set looks so tempting!  I have two kinds of face brushes from them and they're probably my favorite.  Happy anniversary! 🌹

Happy anniversary, @bakeamuffin !  🥳💝🌹🍾

Happy 10th @bakeamuffin !  Such a romantic time of year for you guys!

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most? Christmas decorations, especially seeing our neighbor's lights. 

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes? Winter Candy Apple is my JAM during the holidays season. Candles, shower gel, lotion, mist...EVERYTHING. 😂

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet? I don't watch a lot of movies but I've heard Love, Actually is good and it's been on my list to watch forever but I just never do. 

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe? My husband

December 5: What is your decorating style? I usually change it up every year. This year it's Winter Wonderland (fur, white, silver and a touch of red).

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it? I don't think I have a whole lot of makeup items that are insane, but I do want to try the La Prairie line. 

@AznAngelLiz Love the idea of a fur theme!

@greeneyedgirl107 It actually came from a couple of decorative trees I got last year at Bath & Body Works sale after Christmas and then I was able to find discounted stockings that kind of match, so I just had to!! 

AznAngelLiz_0-1639002863766.jpeg

AznAngelLiz_1-1639002887567.jpeg

AznAngelLiz_2-1639002915153.jpeg

AznAngelLiz_3-1639002948296.jpeg

Aw, I love your decor, @AznAngelLiz! It's so pretty! 

@AznAngelLiz Love it all!!!  I always wanted a fireplace with a mantle.  My home actually had a fireplace, but at some point it got walled up.  If it were safe, I'd totally have it restored.  I have a friend with three fireplaces (one has three sides) - I'm so jealous!  But anyway, I adore the fur and the white theme!

@AznAngelLiz  Love, Actually was an addictive movie for some reason.  You have to be kind of awake to follow it though. 🙂

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?

DDG Spectralite and a Spa Day.

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?  Seeing Christmas decorations, hearing Christmas music.

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes?  Balsam!  I also *love* my BBW candles in Hot Cocoa & Cream and Merry Cookie.

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet?  "Gremlins," "Home Alone," "Die Hard," "A Mickey Mouse Christmas Carol,"...There are so many!  I haven't seen "Christmas in Connecticut" yet, so I DVR'd it.

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?  Hmmmm - I came up with this question but am having a hard time coming up with my "top five" list as my friend and I used to call it.  Let's say, George Clooney, Charlie Hunnam, Tom Hardy...and I'll get back to you about another two.

December 5: What is your decorating style?  I like classic, nostalgic, and Victoria style.

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?  Wow - this could take a while.  I was at Ulta the other day and wanted to grab a bunch of IT Cosmetics brushes.  Also, Laura Mercier Rouge Essentiel Silky Cream Lipstick IT Cosmetics Pillow Lips Solid Serum Lip Gloss Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette Urban Decay Vice Hydrating Lipstick .  And to be totally greedy, how about a stocking filled with TOM FORD Eye Color Quad Eyeshadow Palettesand Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Eyeshadow Palettes?  And a VB eyeliner, and one or two of her lipstick

Love seeing Gremlins on your must watch list, @greeneyedgirl107! It's such a good movie. 

@quspork I was just writing my sister a card about how I rec that she watch that movie.  I also write her about how when she was little she used to wear by Gizmo nightgown, which I think my parents gave me the first Christmas we spent in our house.  I also had a Gizmo backpack!  Mine was chld-size and hot pink.

2059.jpg

Aw, I love that, @greeneyedgirl107! Gizmo is so adorable. 

@greeneyedgirl107 The stocking with Tom Ford and Charlotte Tilbury quads sounds like the stocking of my dreams!😉

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • unnamed.gif
  • shutterstock_748781014.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • AznAngelLiz_0-1639002863766.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_1-1639002887567.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_2-1639002915153.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_3-1639002948296.jpeg
  • 2XdA.gif
  • snow day 2.jpg