Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a special area for us to talk about all the fun of the season.  No matter what you celebrate or how, we want to share it!  This is a thread inspired by those of veronika23 from yesteryear.  You can post about beauty, memories, traditions or anything you want.

unnamed.gif

I'd like to continue with the idea of having a prompt for each day.  Feel free to post as often as you'd like...and to add your own prompts.  

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes?

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet?

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?

December 5: What is your decorating style?

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!)

December 9: What was the best gift you ever received?  What gift was the best you ever gave?

December 10: What kind of greeting cards are your favorite to send...and to receive?

December 11: What is your go-to holiday red (or pink) lip?

December 12: Snow...yay or nay?

December 13: Do you have a favorite holiday drink?  

December 14: What holiday sale do you look forward to the most?

December 15: Do you have a most-loved holiday food or snack?

shutterstock_748781014.jpg

December 16: What's your best (and worst!) holiday grab-bag experience?!

December 17: Is there a holiday memory that stands out for you?

December 18: What kind of nail art are you into this year?

December 19: What holiday TV shows/episodes are your nearest and dearest?

December 20: What beauty product has been your saving grace this year?

December 21: What's your gifting style?  

December 22: Sound off on beauty advent calendars!

December 23: Who is someone special you're thinking of this season?

December 24: What's a makeup look you are loving?  

December 25: Post a holiday wish!

December 26: Any gifts you already know that you'll be returning?

December 27: What is your favorite kind of sweater to wear in the winter?

December 28: If you could design a beauty gift set for the new year, what would be in it?  (And what price would it be?)

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year?

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise.

giphy.gif

P.S. I'm posting this off the cuff, so I may be editing the OP.

Re: BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

@greeneyedgirl107  Christmas in Ct is a good one!

@Ispend2much6 I'm really hoping I enjoy it.  Apparently Barbara Stanwyck grew up in my grandparents' neighborhood in Brooklyn.

I like old movies, but was kinda disappointed with "The Bishop's Wife" which I saw in its entirety for the first time a couple years ago.  Though not technically a Christmas movie, I was let down by "The Bells of St. Mary's," too.

@greeneyedgirl107   I'm with you; didn't like The Bishop's Wife and didn't finish the Bells of St Mary's.

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?  Putting up the Christmas tree and decorations around the house for the kiddos.

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes? I can't think of any.

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet?  Right now I don't have any holiday movies.  Just movies I am trying to catch up on in general.

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?  My husband of course.

December 5: What is your decorating style?  This year I didn't go all out decorating like normal because I have a 2 year old who will tear everything done.  So this year it's minimal but still present.  Usually I have a theme, like Disney or felt ornaments.

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it? Not beauty per say more skin care.  I would love to get cool sculpting, laser, and tightening my stomach area back before I had kids.

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?  I don't really have any Christmas or holiday traditions.  Growing up we really didn't celebrate any major holidays except Chinese New Year.  Ever since I had kids I have been making it a tradition to take them to Disneyland during the holidays and to see the holiday decorations around the nearby cities.

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorite?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear!) I mean is it not Christmas if you don't immediately hear Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas and NSYNC's Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays?  My family loves all holiday music so we are always listening to all the top hits and the pop versions.

December 9: What was the best gift you ever received?  What gift was the best you ever gave? My wedding ring and YSL bag from my husband.  Best gift I have given is a sonicare toothbrush that my husband really wanted followed by monitor lights for his computer.  Getting my Mom a LV bag she wanted.

December 10: What kind of greeting cards are your favorite to send...and to receive?  I love to send Papyrus cards because they make such great heavy duty cards that everyone loves.  I always love when people make cards or send the photo cards.

December 11: What is your go-to holiday (or pink) red lip? PMG Elson, MAC Ruby Woo, Gucci Goldie Red 

December 12: Snow...yay or nay? Yes, but I wouldn’t want to live in a place that snows just want to visit it. 

December 13: Do you have a favorite holiday drink?  Hot apple cider and hot chocolate 

December 14: What holiday sale do you look forward to the most? Any sale that I can get the most discount from.  I really like Beautylish Lucky Bags that go on sale the day after Christmas.

December 15: Do you have a most-loved holiday food or snack? Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark and Trader Joe's Peppermint Pretzel Slims

December 16: What's your best (and worst!) holiday grab-bag experience! I haven't had a worst but best was Charlotte Tilbury and Beautylish Lucky Bags.

December 17: Is there a holiday memory that stands out for you? The time when I found out about Santa when I was 5.  That year Santa didn't leave my brother and I gifts and my parents went on vacation.  

December 18: What kind of nail art are you into this year? None at the moment

December 19: What holiday TV shows/episodes are your dearest and dearest?

December 20: What beauty product has been your saving grace this year?

December 21: What's your gifting style?  

December 22: Sound off on advent calendars!

December 23: Who is someone special you're thinking of this season?

December 24: What's a makeup look you are loving?  

December 25: Post a holiday wish!

December 26: Anything you already know that you'll be returning?

December 27: What is your favorite kind of sweater to wear in the winter?

December 28: If you could design a beauty gift set for the new year, what would be in it?  (And what price would be put on it?)

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year?

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise.

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most? I love when I start seeing the holiday decorations pop up on stores. 

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes? NEST New York Birchwood Pine Candle 

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  I love the home alone movies! 

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe? My boyfriend but I’ll also take one on each cheek from my nephews who are 6 and 2.

December 5: What is your decorating style? Since I didn’t grow up celebrating this holiday I prefer to do lights and winter theme like snowflakes, with blues, gold, silver and icy/metallic colors. 

@lnum  That's a sweet comment about your nephews. ❤️

@Ispend2much6 I have to get in all the snuggles before they get too old and think it’s gross. 😂

@lnum   That does happen with boys, but they outgrow it quickly, thankfully.

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?  Hearing Christmas music on the radio

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes?  Balsam

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  The classic ones like A Christmas Story and my favorite, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Which ones haven't you seen yet?  I haven't been able to catch any of the new ones on The Hallmark Channel or Lifetime and I would like to. 

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?  My husband

December 5: What is your decorating style?  I gravitate toward the classic style and colors (red, white and give me all the gingerbread houses). 

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?  Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Charlotte Tilbury Super Nudes Easy Eyeshadow Palette Charlotte Tilbury Super Nudes Nudegasm Bronze, Sculpt & Glow Face Palette Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner Iconic Nude PAT McGRATH LABS Divine Blush + Glow Trio Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Balm 130 Burnt Suede 

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  We go to Radio City Music Hall to see the Christmas Spectacular every year. Are there any new ones you want to start?  I'd love to start doing holiday baking with my 2.5 year old daughter. 

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  I pretty much love all Christmas music. George Michael's Last Christmas and Chuck Berry's Run Rudolph Run are my faves.

@greeneyedgirl107 I'm looking forward to reading the responses. Christmas is my favorite time of year!

@mishanyc  Do you decorate gingerbread houses too?  I plan on doing one this year; they make the kitchen smell so nice.

@Ispend2much6 Decorating gingerbread houses was a tradition I had as a child. When I was teaching I would do it with my class every year. I would invite all the families in and we would have such a sweet time. Now that I have a young toddler I would like to start that with her. 

@mishanyc   We did that too when I taught first grade!  One year instead of gingerbread houses, we decorated a Christmas tree forest by icing and decorating upside down sugar ice cream cones.  We made sugar cube igloos too.

@Ispend2much6 That sounds like so much fun!  I'm sure the kids loved it. I taught first grade too. That age is such a great age because they are becoming independent but still young and excited for the holidays and crafts. 

Yay! I love these and look forward to them each year. 

Dec. 1: Just knowing I have many opportunities during Nov./Dec. to have time off from work and relax haha. Looking forward to those days off makes me quite spirited hahaha. 

Dec. 2: If we’re talking fragrance like perfume I’d say Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum comes to mind, if we’re talking scent, warm baking species and pine. 

Dec. 3: I’m sorta weird and I don’t really like those sorts of movies, so there aren’t any I have to make sure I watch. Home Alone is maybe the only exception. Although the Ted Lasso Christmas episode was pretty cute, even though that‘s not a movie haha. 

Dec. 4: There’s about 48 professional football and/or tennis players I’d be thrilled to find under the mistletoe. Can’t help it. I crush hard on athletes. 

Dec. 5: I prefer golds and whites, and shades of blue. I stick with lights, matching ornament balls, more subtle stuff. 

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most? Decorating! I usually put my tree up right after Halloween.

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes? Peppermint.

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story.

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe? My Husband.

December 5: What is your decorating style? I go for classic holiday colors. Red, Green, & Gold.

@faeriegirl   I saw a lot of Christmas lights go up in our town right after Halloween.  I read an article that said that people who put up Christmas decorations early are happier people...:)

@faeriegirl That's such a good idea on putting the tree up early, that way you can enjoy it for longer. I would love to put mine up after Halloween but my husband would probably have an aneurysm 🙄

@AznAngelLiz  At first my husband thought I was crazy but now he enjoys it as much as I do❤️🎄

@faeriegirl It took me 9 years to get him to agree to a second tree in the house. I think I would die of old age before I he'd be "OK" with decorating before Thanksgiving day. LOL

@veronika23 Was hoping you'd like to post the first response since this was inspired by your thread.  I didn't tag you on the OP b/c I feel like I'll be editing it, and I didn't want you to keep getting e-mail that you were tagged each time I made a change.

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • unnamed.gif
  • shutterstock_748781014.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • AznAngelLiz_0-1639002863766.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_1-1639002887567.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_2-1639002915153.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_3-1639002948296.jpeg
  • 2XdA.gif
  • snow day 2.jpg
  • wreath 2.jpg