Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!  The holidays are coming!!! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

giphy489.gif

Since the previous 2 years I had a similar thread I thought I would bring it back again this year.  Come and share your beauty or holiday tips, stories or anything that stood out for you during 2018 as we count down the days to a new year and celebrate the different holidays.

If you guys want... I can do the daily questions again. Starting December 1st, each day a new question will be asked related to either the holidays or beauty for 2018. If you have a question you would like me to use please pm me. Iโ€™ll add it to the list and tag you when itโ€™s posted.

Now let's P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!!

Image result for llama holidays gif

Image result for supernatural holidays gifRelated imageIlfv.gif

Image result for elf gif

Image result for snow falling holidays gif

Re: BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

Nanaimo Bars yum! And butter tarts!! 

Oh don't remember when I last had a nanaimo bar... @ather

@veronika23 I was craving them a month ago and made some! So yummy! 

Nice! IIRC there are a few variations of it right? @ather

@veronika23 Yes thereโ€™s a few different ways to make them!! My fav is just the original way tho! Nice and sweet!

Thx! Awesome @ather! ๐Ÿ™‚

I love a good pumpkin pie with whipped cream. And cookies...

I love a good pumpkin pie with whipped cream. And cookies in general! I love Walker's shortbread around this time. I love the goodies this time of year.

Re: I love a good pumpkin pie with whipped cream. And cookies...

I didn't have pumpkin pie this year but it is a good one! @Lazybeautybeast

tenor.gif

I love Pumpkin Pie and Banberry Pie from Polly's Pies.

My family loves Mochis (that my family friend and sister in law makes) and Almond Jello with fruit toppings that I make.

Oh I never heard of banberry pie before. @SportyGirly125

@veronika23 It's a pie with banana cream filling topped with sweet strawberries that's delicious.

Oh nice! Thanks @SportyGirly125! ๐Ÿ™‚

@SportyGirly125 I don't know if you shop at Whole Foods, but they have a really cool mochi bar with lots of fun flavors to choose from.

<3333

@PenelopeBT I have been to Whole Foods many times but have never tried the mochis there.  I thought those were ice cream mochis, which I usually buy at Trader Joe's.

@SportyGirly125 You're right, the mochis at Whole Foods are ice cream mochis. They're good, though! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PenelopeBT My family loves Mochi. I will have to check out the Whole Foods Mochi ice cream bar! ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,

Rebecca

@PenelopeBT I'll have to try it one day.  I go there at least once a week.

I love homemade eggnog. I am in charge of making it, and I have to make a quadruple batch every time because we have it constantly over the holidays, with rum, brandy, etc. and in our coffee. 

As for desserts/treats, anything dark chocolate that comes out near the holidays are good. My mom is a massive baker and makes up baskets for our friends, so I am excited to go home this year and see what leftovers are in the coldroom for us to munch on.

Also, funnily enough @Mcakes introduced my to Laura Secord's Butter Fudge when she asked for it for our exchange earlier this year, so now that is something I want to try to hunt down for myself over the holidays. It's a Canadian thing, but primarily a central-east coast thing. Us west coasters don't have easy access to it, and it definitely wont be up north when I go home for the holiday!

Oh I love eggnog too @NotCrocker! That was gonna be my question tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜„

Sounds like your mom makes a lot of goodies! ๐Ÿ™‚  hahaha yeah I was the one who first sent the sucre a la creme to @Mcakes and she told me it became one of her favs. It's a French-Canadian thing. ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm still trying to get a hold of a good recipe. I mean there are plenty out there but some aren't that great. ๐Ÿ˜„

Is everything an acceptable answer here?? If I'm forced to choose though than my absolute favorites would be gingerbread men, chocolate-covered sea salt bourbon caramels, and fudge. 

Hahahah yes you can say everything!!! @quspork ๐Ÿ˜„  Ohhh the chocolate covered sea salt bourbon caramels sound good!

1,856 Replies
testing