Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!  The holidays are coming!!! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

giphy489.gif

Since the previous 2 years I had a similar thread I thought I would bring it back again this year.  Come and share your beauty or holiday tips, stories or anything that stood out for you during 2018 as we count down the days to a new year and celebrate the different holidays.

If you guys want... I can do the daily questions again. Starting December 1st, each day a new question will be asked related to either the holidays or beauty for 2018. If you have a question you would like me to use please pm me. Iโ€™ll add it to the list and tag you when itโ€™s posted.

Now let's P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!!

Image result for llama holidays gif

Image result for supernatural holidays gifRelated imageIlfv.gif

Image result for elf gif

Image result for snow falling holidays gif

Re: BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

@ShortErica  I have loved this for years!! It was the only foundation that finally worked for me and my oily/combo skin!! So glad you found it again!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

DR. JART+ - Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45was an old favorite that I repurchased this year. I think I got it just in time, cuz they reformulated it ๐Ÿ˜ข

Any idea when it was reformulated? I bought it for the first time recently and I wonder if I got the original or reformulated version.

@gillian321 Is the sunscreen in it chemical or physical? The old formula had physical sunscreen. I tried looking at the reviews to see when people noticed the change but only went as far back as the end of August, so maybe over the summer?

This was a little too dark and pink for me but I liked the formula. That really stinks they changed it this year. If only the company would have focused on adding more shade selections and less on tweaking something that was already good!

IDK if it counts, but while on a business trip I forgot to pack my ABH tweezers so I had to run into a grocery store. I picked up a pair of Revlon ones (my first tweezers ever) and I like them so much I've forgone my ABH tweezers, and am saving some $$ in the process. Seriously the pair they sell that have a normal slant and a pointed slant are really good!

@niki172 Heh, earlier this year a coworker left her [forgot the makeup brand] tweezers home and I said โ€œjust go to Walgreens and get Revlon tweezers, theyโ€™re better anywayโ€ and then we had a quick debate about tweezer qualityโ€”which was overheard by a nearby coworker, who said โ€œare you 2 really having a serious debate over TWEEZERS? I mean, theyโ€™re just tweezers!โ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚ This summer, both of them (separately) admitted theyโ€™d bought Revlon tweezers because of me and they love them. 

@WinglessOne exactly! Tweezers (and how well they work) are extremely important when it comes to function regardless of what brand name is on them. Good for you for getting your coworkers to see that lol.

@niki172  nice to save some money! I actually like the Revlon nail files.

I haven't revisited any products that I used to love but my styles seem to flip flop back and forth. Right now, I feel like shimmery gloss is making a comeback in my life... something I haven't worn since I was about 16.

It's fun to revisit "old trends"! ๐Ÿ™‚ @Nickelliebear1

17.  What are some of your favorite hair, body care and nail purchases from this year?

Fotolia bath and body pic .jpg

I bought the Bio Ionic 10X Pro Styling Iron 1" and love it!  It was a no brainer buying another Bio Ionic when my last one lasted over 10 years... and I was hard on it. lol

I don't think I've tried any new body care items this year. I've been sticking to the same brand for years... sometimes I try new things here and there but mainly buy from The Body Deli. It's one of my favorite brands. I am really excited to try the new SDJ Coco Cabana when it comes out though. 2 more days! ๐Ÿ˜„

I also really got more into indie nail polish this year... with thermal nail polish being my obsession.  I bought more than I should have. ๐Ÿ˜„

Sachajuan anything! Love the scent and it makes my hair feel incredibly soft. Also, I am very late to the party, but this year I โ€˜discoveredโ€™ SDJ Bum Bum Cream๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผโ™ฅ๏ธ I am all about scents and these top my list๐Ÿ˜‰ The NAILS INC. holographic polish satisfies my glitter polish needs, dries fast and best of all, is easily removed making it an easy love.

I purchased some bubble bath/ body wash from an etsy shop called bksoap, she seriously makes the best stuff.

Ohh might need to check that out! @Samtian Thx!

@veronika23You should, the smells are incredible and they last on your skin even after your bath! https://www.etsy dot com/shop/bksoapco?ref=l2-shopheader-name

This is a Canadian based shop that has the best bubble bars, she even custom makes ones if you want. I am so in love with them. I pay the big money to have them shipped to the U.S. when I can afford it. https://www.etsy dot com/shop/TheBaseElement?ref=l2-shopheader-name

@Samtianthe bksoap products look very nice! If you don't mind my asking, how did you end up picking these stores out of all the many stores on Etsy?

@pocketvenusHa ha I'm a major window shopper. I've spent a lot of time just surfing etsy for bath bombs and bath bars, and sometimes they are up near the front, or many pages back.

@Samtian, appreciate your sharing the fruits of your virtual window shopping ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks @Samtian!  I don't take baths but will check out what else they have. ๐Ÿ™‚

I just googled BKsoapco @Samtian and the address for it is located in Albany, NY. I also looked at past events and her last pop up was at a fair in Albany. Hope that helps.

3 Replies
testing