Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!  The holidays are coming!!! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

giphy489.gif

Since the previous 2 years I had a similar thread I thought I would bring it back again this year.  Come and share your beauty or holiday tips, stories or anything that stood out for you during 2018 as we count down the days to a new year and celebrate the different holidays.

If you guys want... I can do the daily questions again. Starting December 1st, each day a new question will be asked related to either the holidays or beauty for 2018. If you have a question you would like me to use please pm me. Iโ€™ll add it to the list and tag you when itโ€™s posted.

Now let's P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!!

Image result for llama holidays gif

Image result for supernatural holidays gifRelated imageIlfv.gif

Image result for elf gif

Image result for snow falling holidays gif

Re: BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

@veronika23, eventually you will find that smoky fireside fragrance of your dreams! โค๏ธ

@pocketvenus  I hope so!  Or Diptyque can just make feu de bois a perfume! ๐Ÿ˜„

RE: Re: BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

Definitely the IT cosmetics naturally pretty palette, it looked like it had a nice variety of shades and I remember Kathleen Lights (my fave) raving about it and even though itโ€™s all matte it has one larger pan of a luminous shade that can โ€œtransformโ€ any of the other shades from matte to more of a sheen. Needless to say that shade was not as transforming as it was marketed to be and even the matte shades werenโ€™t impressive, I rarely complain about pigmentation since I think overly pigmented shadows are difficult to work with in the first place unless youโ€™re a pro, but it wasnโ€™t even worth dipping into multiple shades since they were so โ€œbarely thereโ€ the different transition shades looked pretty much the same on the eye. This palette is often on sale so if anyone was eyeing it, this is your warning! Haha

Re: RE: Re: BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

Aw that's too bad @gillian321 ๐Ÿ˜ž

Iโ€™m regretting buying so many skincare backups. Itโ€™s not that I suddenly donโ€™t like the products, I just know that the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mLand ALGENIST - GENIUS Liquid Collagenarenโ€™t holy grails for me, so I could easily find something I love more in the next few months.

@suzyo  totally get you. I stalked up on a lot of stuff because of sales... but doesn't leave much room to try new things...

Definitely Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette. I cannot do a smoky eye to save my life, so it was ridiculous of me to buy this๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

@faeriegirl - I can't do a smoky eye either.  I bought the pallet for the gray shades.  I can't wear black eyeshadow and the grays in this pallet are a good substitute.  I also like to use one of the light shades on my browbone and lid and then use one of the grays in my crease and outer corner.  A fast and easy look when you're short on time.

Just practice when you have time. I'm sure you'd be able to do it! @faeriegirl

have been a fan of Aaliyah for years so my heart jumped when I heard MAC was dedicating a LE collection to her.  I signed up for the pre-release in anticipation to pick up a few things, although in my opinion, the collection was a huge let down. I figured this would for sure sell out just as fast as the Selena collection. Unfortunately, not only did it not sell out but I paid full price for the palette, 2 lipsticks and lipglass that is still available and on sale. Overall, the quality is mediocre and I kinda regret rushing into the hype of wanting to get these products thinking they would sell out. Maybe itโ€™s just a personal rant but I think this collection could have been done so much better. 

@Mrose251  I'm with you on that one! I thought it would sell out too. Had I known I would have waited and bought on sale. ๐Ÿ˜ž

QVC did an exclusive IT Cosmetics beauty book palette and I have loved using last years version so I was excited to pick up this years. While I don't totally regret the purchase, because it includes a couple of new things makes it overall a better palette for travel, I find the eye shadows don't perform as well as last years. I suppose "disappointed" is a better word, because I will definitely still use it I'm just less inspired by the shadows. I have been quite happy with the other purchases I made though. Way fewer impulse purchases things year, hoping to curb my spending. Instead I just made more thoughtful expensive purchases... oops. 

@alexasteph  I'm with you on the trying to purchase less impulse items but buying more expensive ones. Oops too. ๐Ÿ˜„

Hands down Urban Decay Backtalk palette.  The only good thing about it were the blushes other than that the eye shadows sucked and were not pigmented for me. Thatโ€™s when I learned not to trust Youtubers. 

@SportyGirly125  that's too bad. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I usually get sucked in by stuff I find at Winners/Marshalls. I bought the Cargo Wanderlust palette and a Makeup Forever 9 Pan artistic palette that I never used. The MUFE palette is also really bulky (it's one that's in a tin). Also got the Tarte Make Believe in Yourself and Rainforest of the Sea Vol. 2 palettes that I rarely use. My sister does use them when she visits me so I might declutter them one day. I also got a few of the Balm palettes that I also never reach for ๐Ÿ™ˆ I should really start rotating my makeup around next year to get some use out of these. Some of them are actually really nice. If I don't, I guess I'll declutter them since there's no point in keeping them here. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

It is easy to get sucked in by sales or items at Winners... so totally understand you! @SpaceLlama

It hurts me to say because I love becca but I ended up with a lot of becca regret this year. I got the BECCA x Chrissy Teigen Endless Bronze & Glow which is pretty but I have so many highlighters I prefer I don't think I've touched it since the week I got it and I was obsessed with having the be a light face palette (at least I waited to buy it when it went on sale) but it's so bulky and the formula isn't as nice as their other blushes. I need to stop getting lured in by packaging haha 

Aw that's too bad. ๐Ÿ˜ž I need to stop buying stuff because of packaging too. @Kim888

18. Do you have an old favorite that made a comeback?

254572.jpg

I'm gonna have to think about this one. ๐Ÿ˜„

Using MAC mineralized skinfinish again. I wish they would add โ€œSo Ceylonโ€ in their throwback collection, it was my fav.

33 Replies
testing