Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!  The holidays are coming!!! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

giphy489.gif

Since the previous 2 years I had a similar thread I thought I would bring it back again this year.  Come and share your beauty or holiday tips, stories or anything that stood out for you during 2018 as we count down the days to a new year and celebrate the different holidays.

If you guys want... I can do the daily questions again. Starting December 1st, each day a new question will be asked related to either the holidays or beauty for 2018. If you have a question you would like me to use please pm me. Iโ€™ll add it to the list and tag you when itโ€™s posted.

Now let's P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!!

Image result for llama holidays gif

Image result for supernatural holidays gifRelated imageIlfv.gif

Image result for elf gif

Image result for snow falling holidays gif

Re: BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

Cool! Thanks for this pic! I have to see if it's carried here. Thanks! @nche

@nche Thank you for the picture.  I was just at Williams Sonoma last weekend.  Got to make a trip back.

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Or in Canada! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ @Ispend2much6

Oh that's right!  I saw this on Facebook today.  Good thing I had already finished my coffee because it made me laugh so hard!

5. What are your favorite holiday desserts/sweets?

christmas-cookies-assortment.png

Well sucre a la creme usually makes an appearance this time of year... sooo good. Also can't pass up good cookies or chocolate... and those candied pecans... not sure if there's another word for them. I think there is but I can't recall atm... I think they are called butter praline pecans. YUM! ๐Ÿ˜„

My favorite holiday dessert is Caramel cake or a white chocolate raspberry cake. I'm usually not a cake eater but I love either one of these. 

Tough but very good question! I loved reading everyone's answers โค๏ธ I cannot choose a few favourites they are all so good โค๏ธ

Of course, around Christmas, there is the aforementioned traditional panettone from our Italian friends

ChocolatePanettone-GettyImages-140372479-5a32067cec2f640037497c5a

In more Italian desserts, my family really loves tiramisu and we usually eat it in December so I associate it with Christmas

22ae29ea-d52f-4043-93a6-42eb68958b9d--IMG_4173_copy_web

I am partial to tarts of all kinds

Lemon+Tarts+%281+of+1%29

Gingerbread cookies and houses always feel festive

easy-paleo-gingerbread-cookies-11-of-21

We'll always have countless boxes of chocolates

Norman-Love3

Sometimes I make my father this Filipino fruit salad as it's his favourite. I kind of died a little when I learned the recipe... it has..... a LOT more sugar than I realized. I think I was living in the fantasy that it was healthy because it involved fruit ha ha

Filipino-Fruit-Salad-Final

One of my friends is vegan so now I am trying to learn to make vegan desserts. I can make a cheesecake with raw cashews that looks like this ๐Ÿ˜„

Super-Creamy-7-Ingredient-Vegan-Cheesecake-Bites-vegan-glutenfree

I'll be honest, it doesn't taste like cheesecake. At all. But it is still pretty yummy.

Everything looks sooo freaking good @pocketvenus! I LOVE tiramisu! But it has to be well made... some just aren't that good. ๐Ÿ˜„  Let me know if you find good vegan dessert recipes! ๐Ÿ™‚

@veronika23I agree!! We like to pick our tiramisus up from this Austrian baker who doesn't make it too sweet.

The cheesecake recipe I got from Jamie Oliver's YouTube channel from a couple guest bakers called Happy Pear or something like that. Wish I could share the link! It's also pretty easy to make, you just need some unusual ingredients like agar agar

@pocketvenus  oh nice!

Thanks! I'll google it. I'm sure I can find it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Every single one of these things looks deliriously amazing, @pocketvenus! We're supposed to get snowed in this weekend, so I'm feeling like a baking party may need to take place in my kitchen- YUM. 

@qusporksounds like the perfect snow-in strategy!! โ„๏ธโ„๏ธโ„๏ธ

I love Ganong chicken bones,my favorite holiday candy for sure and I usually like any homemade stuff.

@Seymore3what are ganong chicken bones? I don't think I've heard of this before. Thx! ๐Ÿ™‚

@veronika23They are a cinnamon and Chocolate candy,I am not sure if you can get them outside of the Maritimes.

cb.png

@Seymore3 I have found them in Alberta but they are ricdiously priced. They have them in soeacialty candy shops. Itโ€™s one of my fav Christmas candies from back home!!

Cool! Thanks so much for sharing! I wonder if I could find them. Thx! ๐Ÿ™‚ @Seymore3

@veronika23 I'd love to have my grandmother's pinulata.  I Googled it, and apparently it's also called striffoli:

Image result for struffoli

I wish the pic did it justice.  It's fried dough balls covered in honey.  This pic is close, but there's to many sprinkles and we never had a cherry on there; but we did have walnuts.  

@greeneyedgirl107 wow! This looks delicious!! 

Ohhhh! Sounds yummy @greeneyedgirl107! I don't think I've ever heard/seen this before.

testing