Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!  The holidays are coming!!! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

giphy489.gif

Since the previous 2 years I had a similar thread I thought I would bring it back again this year.  Come and share your beauty or holiday tips, stories or anything that stood out for you during 2018 as we count down the days to a new year and celebrate the different holidays.

If you guys want... I can do the daily questions again. Starting December 1st, each day a new question will be asked related to either the holidays or beauty for 2018. If you have a question you would like me to use please pm me. Iโ€™ll add it to the list and tag you when itโ€™s posted.

Now let's P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!!

Image result for llama holidays gif

Image result for supernatural holidays gifRelated imageIlfv.gif

Image result for elf gif

Image result for snow falling holidays gif

Re: BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽโ„๏ธ

@veronika23  Growing up, my Grandmother would make several types of cookies, but my favorite was Gumdrop cookies. Sooo good with lots of brown sugar, butter, pecans and gumdrops. I always make them, but they never seem as good as my Grandmother's!!!๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜

@yankeefaithful Iโ€™m sure you do your grandmothers recipe justice, but I know the feeling! I loved my grandfathers mashed potatoes, not sure what made his sooooo perfect but even though I even use his pot and mixer I can never get them to taste like he made them. Thereโ€™s something so special about those taste memories left to us by those we love, that extra hint of love our grandparents added is something we will never forget! 

@mermaid805  Oh you're so right!! Maybe it was the love and the hugs that went with their great food!! At least we still have the memories!!๐Ÿ˜

@yankeefaithful  I've never heard of those before. Sounds delicious!!! It's never the same when we make it right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

@veronika23 WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?!?! 

I have the biggest sweet tooth EVER! I cannot resist dessert, or anything sweet for that matter. Ask any of the mods in the office ๐Ÿ˜‰

donuts eating GIF by SLOTHILDA pancake day eating GIF by SLOTHILDA

My mom is the one who taught my sisters and I how to bake. My mom makes all kinds of treats like chocolate covered Ritz crackers and peppermint bark but I love my sister's soft and chewy ginger snap cookies. They are so yummy! 

hungry emma stone GIF

I also love making pumpkin bars. I make them for Thanksgiving and Christmas! It's a cake with powdered sugar cream cheese frosting! 

SIGHHHH*

ANYWHOO! I am very excited to see what other goodies you BTers love to make or snack on during the holidays. I need to make a dessert this weekend so I am excited to see what inspires me! Happy Holidays! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT You will have to give me some recipes. While I can cook my baking.... is pretty basic ๐Ÿ™‚

Girl! I have a ton that I can share with you! 

@JaneanBT  Pumpkin bars!  I've meant to make some since before Thanksgiving, but the quicker, easier pumpkin bread won out.  Nothing like those with a browned butter frosting. ๐Ÿ™‚  Are you a "raisin" or "non-raisin" pumpkin bar person?

@Ispend2much6,

Non raisin for sure lol! I much prefer chocolate chips ๐Ÿ˜‰ I do love Pumpkin Bread as well! Does your family prefer raisins? 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT  I can go either way, and two prefer them, but one detests them.  So, without it (or press a few on half of it before it bakes,) it is.

@JaneanBT  I have a pretty bad sweet tooth too! Chocolate and caramels especially!  Even better when there is salt involved as well. ๐Ÿ˜„  I need to stay away from places like Sugarfina. Oh man... sooo good! Have you ever bought anything from them?

Ohh those sound good! Especially the pumpkin bars!  If you like sweet you might like slu  tty brownies. That is super sweet. We were talking about it further down. Basically in a pan you layer choc. chip cookie dough, oreos and then brownie batter and you bake. Easy to find the recipe on google. It's good but very sweet.  It's better when it's cooled down. 

sbrownies.jpg

I don't like overly sweet things... it needs to be balanced.  A few years ago I pretty much found the perfect cake... but they stopped making it. ๐Ÿ˜ž  It was a chocolate, caramel and pecan cake. It was sooo freaking good... then poof gone! Never found a cake like that again. I found a close second but that one is a chocolate espresso cake... and it's pricey if you wanna buy the whole thing. Wish I would be able to replicate it. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Do you watch the baking shows on Food Network? Everything always looks so good! lol

@veronika23,

My sister made that cake last Thanksgiving, although I don't think that is the name she called it lol Also I am so sad you can't find that pecan cake! Was it something you bought at a store? 

Also, luckily enough, I have been strong enough to stay away from Sugarfina! But their candies look so yummy! 

AND I LOVE COOKING/BAKING SHOWS! @HilaryBT and I talk about The Great British Baking Off all the time! I also love Top Chef and Chef's Table on Netflix! 

What shows do you like to watch?

@JaneanBToh cool!  Yeah it was something I bought at the grocery store... in the bakery section. Came from one of their suppliers. ๐Ÿ˜ž

They are very yummy! It's definitely a treat! I love their caramels... too many good ones to name them all. ๐Ÿ˜„

Oh cool! I've never watched any of those... I should look it up on Netflix. Thx!  I like The holiday baking championship... there's also spring and Halloween baking championship. Halloween wars, cake wars (when it played), Christmas cookie challenge... other shows of that type that play on the food network.  I also like Masterchef, Hell's Kitchen, 24 hours to hell an back... all Gordon Ramsay shows. Love him! ๐Ÿ˜„ There's a new one starting this week on ABC called The Great American Baking Show - Holiday Edition. I'll be watching that one as well. Thanks @lmi82 for telling me about it! ๐Ÿ™‚

@veronika23 - Did you ask the grocery store who the supplier was for the cake?

@Titian06  yes and asked if there was a way to make a comeback but no. ๐Ÿ˜ž

@veronika23 - I was thinking you could purchase it from the supplier or get the recipe from the supplier.  (Just a thought.)

@Titian06  thanks! Unfortunately that wasn't possible. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I am very excited for The Great American Baking Show since it was cancelled last year! But it looks like they are bringing it back! Maybe they will try and revive it! 

I cannot watch Gordon Ramsey cooking shows. They stress me out. American type cooking competitions do I can only do Top Chef and the Holiday Bake offs! I love when they have massive cake competitions. Those are always cool! 

@JaneanBT Oh I love the holiday baking ones! Iโ€™ve been watching the Christmas cookie baking challenge and I love how it inspires me!

@ather,

I love watching those too! I watch WAYYYY to many baking shows during the holiday season. 

Best Wishes,

Janean 

@JaneanBT  Oh I didn't know they had it and cancelled it last year. Hahaha yeah I can see that. He's a though one. I didn't like him all that much in the beginning and now I just love him! ๐Ÿ˜„

3 Replies
testing