Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! 🍾🎄🎉🎁❄️

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!  The holidays are coming!!! 🎄🎄🎄

giphy489.gif

Since the previous 2 years I had a similar thread I thought I would bring it back again this year.  Come and share your beauty or holiday tips, stories or anything that stood out for you during 2018 as we count down the days to a new year and celebrate the different holidays.

If you guys want... I can do the daily questions again. Starting December 1st, each day a new question will be asked related to either the holidays or beauty for 2018. If you have a question you would like me to use please pm me. I’ll add it to the list and tag you when it’s posted.

Now let's P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!!

Image result for llama holidays gif

Image result for supernatural holidays gifRelated imageIlfv.gif

Image result for elf gif

Image result for snow falling holidays gif

Re: BIC's 2018 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!! 🍾🎄🎉🎁❄️

I just learned today where these clips are from: "Pluto's Christmas Tree."  I watched it for the first time tonight, on a DVD of "Mickey's Christmas Carol."  Loved it!  It's a short made in 1952.  Hope some others can enjoy it!  🙂

Thanks everyone! 🙂 Holiday movies have already started to play on TV so I'll post a question now about them... let's get into the holiday spirit!

Image result for elf gif

What are some of your favorite holiday movies and which ones you look forward to watching every year?

My list is pretty long actually. I'm a sucker for holiday movies and every year I watch as many as I can. 😄

In no particular order... and probably missing some on this list:

Die Hard

Elf

Christmas Vacation

A Dog Named Christmas

The Santa Clause (1,2,3)

Holiday In Handcuffs

Miracle on 34th Street

Anything but Christmas

The Christmas Consultant

Broadcasting Christmas

Last Holiday

Christmas with the Kranks

Jack Frost

Jingle All The Way

A Very Merry Toy Store

Santa Con

On the 2nd Day of Christmas

Christmas Tale

A Christmas Tail

The Nutcracker Prince

Santa Claus: The Movie

Look Who's Talking Now

I talked to bf into doing our own 25 days of Xmas movies...

I talked to bf into doing our own 25 days of Xmas movies (and TV episodes). We switching off days. First we watched Bad Mom's Christmas - Super funny. Then I picked The Grinch. He picked... Iron Man 3... (he got dirty looks but I played along). Then I picked Elf. It's so much fun to revisit all the old favorites!

For those who love Christmas movies, especially the classics like Christmas Vacation or Home Alone, there is a great website that tells you more about the houses used. (I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to mention other sites so I didn’t include the name). I think it would be so cool to live in the Home Alone house, especially around the holidays lol. I would totally recreate the moving “people” in the front windows at night. And I would always encourage my pizza deliverer to hit the statue out front 😉

I was also excited to learn that the school from The Christmas Story is actually in St. Catharines, Ontario! 

Ohhh that is so cool @Lucki1!  Yes you can mention the site you just can't post outside links. 🙂 I'd definitely like to know the name of it please. Thx!!!!

@veronika23 The website is Hooked on Houses. If I’m not careful I can easily spend too much time looking through this site lol. 

Ohhh! Thanks so much @Lucki1! I am sure I will be spending too much time on that site. 😄 😄 😄

My favourite holiday movie lineup includes:

Christmas Vacation (absolute favourite)

The Night Before (with Seth Rogen and Joseph Gordon-Levitt)

Fred Claus

Home Alone 1 and 2

The Grinch

Four Christmases

A Christmas Story

I’m clearly a fan of some humour around the holidays lol

Another great one I forgot to add, and is now on Netflix, is Office Christmas Party. Kate McKinnon cracks me up. 

Ohh... there's a few on your list I haven't seen @Lucki1. Christmas Vacation is a classic of course! 😄 😄 😄

@veronika23 Christamas Vacation is a holiday staple around here!! Never fails to make me ROFL 😂

@SanderismsNice!!! And that's true!!! Never fails to make me laugh my butt off! 😄 😄 😄

@Sanderisms I love Christmas Vacation! My grandma has never seen it so I think this is the year lol. My grandfather passed away two days after Christmas last year so some new traditions and good laughs will be needed 🙂 

Thank you for your thoughtfulness @veronika23 and @Sanderisms. I’m hoping my dad and uncle can join us for the laughs too. You know those people that can make you laugh, just from them laughing? That’s them lol.

hahaha yes! That's the best! Hopefully they can join in on the fun too! @Lucki1

@Lucki1 I’m sorry to hear about your grandfather. It’s so sweet that you’re finding ways to bring joy to the holidays for your grandmother. I bet she will love it just as much as you do! 💕

@Lucki1I'm sorry to hear about your loss. 🖤 I hope your grandma enjoys it and it brings your family laughter. Please come back and let us know if she liked it!

Definitely Home Alone 1 & 2 and Gremlins!

@faeriegirl One of the best!! I look forward to those movies every year!!

I like Home Alone 1&2 as well @faeriegirl!

@veronika23 But the real question is...Home Alone 1 or 2?

testing