Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC’s 2017 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

The holidays are coming!!! 🎄🎄🎄The holidays are coming!!!

Image result for elf gif

So in the holiday spirit and since last year I had a holiday countdown thread, I thought I would bring it back this year.  Come on over to share your beauty tips, stories, anything beauty that stood out for you during 2017 as we count down the days to a new year and celebrate many different holidays!

Image result for elf gif

If you guys want... I'm hoping that on December 1st I can do the daily questions again. So each day a new question will be asked related to either the holidays or something beauty related for 2017. If you have a question you would like me to use please pm me. I’ll add it to the list and tag you when it’s posted.

Image result for elf gif

Spoiler
Image result for elf gif

Let's get this party started!!!!!

Image result for Christmas party gif

Related image

Re: BIC’s 2017 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

@SpaceLlama  ah ah ok. I remember watching some of those... not during the holidays though... except one Asterix... Asterix et la surprise de cesar. I think that was part of that holiday line up.

I always watch Miracle on 34th street(old version) and the Grinch(cartoon and movie)over the holidays.

@Seymore3  My whole family and I love Miracle on 34th Street!  It's a great tradition for us.

When I was little I inexplicably called Kevin (From Home Alone) "Nice Boy," and he clearly is not a nice boy. From what my parents tell me though, I'd ask to watch "Nice Boy" throughout the year. I was only a baby when it was released, so I have basically grown up with that movie. I still enjoy it, and would say it's probably my favorite Christmas movie. Christmas Vacation is a good one too. 

YES TO ALL THE CHRISTMAS MOVIES!!!! 

The list of ones I *have* to watch at some point during the season: 

Christmas VacationChristmas VacationIt's a Wonderful LifeIt's a Wonderful LifeMickey's Christmas CarolMickey's Christmas CarolChristmas with the KranksChristmas with the KranksScroogedScroogedGremlinsGremlins

@quspork   Ohhh yes!!! Mickey's Christmas Carol is a good one!

Oooohh, so many!

Holiday Inn because it's just such a gorgeous film.  And, the music from some of the "greats."  This has always been a favorite, ever since my teens.

Yessss Christmas with the Kranks! I usually watch that a few times throughout December. 😄

RE: Re: BIC’s 2017 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

I remember when Elf came out, and now it’s becoming a holiday staple in so many households. It’s going to be considered a classic in another 40-50 years 😍🎄What is that everyone loves about it? I mean, besides the Elf Spaghetti 🍝

Re: RE: Re: BIC’s 2017 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

Life would better if people like Buddy ran businesses 😂 

hahaha sure would @bakeamuffin!

@bakeamuffin  I'm probably a little twisted, but I love the scene where Pete Dinklage and Buddy get into it in his dad's office.  "Call me elf, one more time!"  "You must be an angry elf."

That part is so funny! Overall it’s just a quirky movie that brings the Christmas spirit back into modern day busyness, it’s so fun to watch 

Loving this thread @veronika23! There are just so MANY Christmas movies I love but my all time favorite is Elf. Christmas won't be complete unless I watch this each year with my family.

Thanks @juliehnguyen 🙂  Yup I need to watch Elf every year too! 😄

There are soo many good Christmas moves I don't think I can choose! Elf, Love Actually, the Grinch and The Santa Clause (also just 1 and 2 @veronika23) are up there!!! And way too many stupid Hallmark and Lifetime movies to count lol. I think I am mostly alone in my opinion but I actually hate Home Alone - I know they are all unrealistic but like who doesn't realize they are missing their kid for hours. 

the-grinch-12.gifgallery-1482358230-meme.jpegthe-best-way-to-spread-christmas-cheer-is-singing-loud-for-all-to-hear.jpg

@Kim888you know I still always end up watching the 3rd Santa Clause if it plays on TV 😄  I mean they play one after the other might as well tape them all 😄  I liked home alone more when I was younger... now it's not as much fun to watch...

@Kim888  Very good points!

I read somewhere that Kevin’s mom was a fashion designer which is why they had mannequins in the attic that Kevin used to stage the Christmas party, and his dad is a business man. The economy was better back then too 😂

Well there goes my theory. 😛 And all this time I've imagined Kevin's dad being like...

testing