Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC book club!

Some of us here have expressed an interest in a book club, myself, @mermadelove, @LCResz, @ZombieMetroAnt, @Mcakes. If you'd be interested in joining, reply below. My initial thought was to mail the books around but if it means that some people can't participate, then I'm all for dropping that requirement. I'd love this to be a place where we nominate our favorite book and others can read it and comment. Something fun for the new year!  ETA: the booklist:

1. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng (16)
1. Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie (16)
3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (13)
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (11)
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (11)
4. Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie (11)
7. Exit West by Mohsin Hamid (10)
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (10)
7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (10) Discussion begins 8-13.
7. The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck (10) Discussion begin 9-2.
11. The Fault in our Stars by John Green (9) Time to discuss 9-26
11. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (9) Now discussing below.
11. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (9)
11. What Happened by Hilary Clinton (9) Now discussing below.
11. Fall of Giants by Ken Follett (9) Start reading now.
11. The Woman on the Orient Express by Lindsay Ashford (9)
11. milk and honey by Rupi Kaur (9)
18. A Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (8)
18. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (8)
18. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (8)
18. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell (8)
18. Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H. Lawrence (8)
18. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen (8)
18. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (8)
18. The Paper Magician by Charlie Holmberg (8)
18. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (8)
18. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo (8)
18. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman (8)
18. The White Queen by Phillipa Gregory (8)

Participants in spoiler

Spoiler

Participants:

PrettyinPA

AlexaSteph

Beadshopgirl

LCResz

Kim888

SoBeautiful

Fatimamummy

ZombieMetroAnt

PalomaFoster

k617

bakeamuffin
Susubee
Skcfan
Lazybeautybeast
SpaceLlama
greeneyedgirl107

Mermadelove
Mcakes
Aaliaa
Serenely
Myinsidevoice
MissPuff
juliehnguyen
lmi82
Knowledgebeauty
Titian06
quspork
darlyndar
KellW
misscg
EuniceO
Elles117
ClassicallyFab
ShiraBT
melanito
Heylady14
ChicagoEngineer
Imightneedthis
PrettyPaint
rachface2921

Re: BIC book club!

Glad you found this thread @KrissySM; welcome! These two books sound interesting; making a note to look into them. 

Welcome, @KrissySM !  We used to actively read a scheduled list of books (listed at the top of the page), but it eventually fell to the wayside.  Now we read independently, posting what we read and helping each other find our next reads. 📚

I'm definitely going to look into your two books.

Happy to have found this thread and will update on my reads 🤓

Finished these in the last couple weeks.

IMG_2417.jpegIMG_2425.jpegIMG_2426.jpeg
IMG_2424.jpeg

Whoa! Look at you go @blackkitty2014! You're a reading fiend! 😍 Ahhh, James Patterson - another author I used to read a lot from. Making another note ... 

@itsfi  I blamed Amazon for this. I’m not familiar with Micheal Bennet series. They throws at me random books for super cheap lfrom .99 to $4.99 from times to times. Good marketing on their part. I end up reading the series and I’m sure there will be purchases in the future since my library doesn’t have complete series 😂🤣

Well played amazon marketing; or should I say, well played, amazon marketing AI; well played. That's how they get us @blackkitty2014!

You are on a roll, @blackkitty2014 ! 😄  I did finish Paris Agent (posted above) last week.  Now I'm reading a book on how to become a minimalist--yea, right, not gonna happen! 🤣

Hehehe thx you seems taking me forever @Titian06 especially that Stephen King book. I thought I have to renew it after 21 day limit ran out 😂🤣 

I've been meaning to post my reading adventures.  I recently finished the first two books and started the third book.

Screenshot_20240121_161341.jpgScreenshot_20240121_161432.jpgScreenshot_20240121_161544.jpg

Of these three @Titian06, was there one you enjoyed more than the others?

What are your thoughts on The Paris Agent? @Titian06 

Hi, @KrissySM !  It was predictable, yet at the same time it was a nice, easy read allowing me to destress.  If you like stories set during WWII, then I recommend.  If not, you won't be missing anything.

Ohh those sound good @Titian06 

IMG_2416.jpegIMG_2415.jpeg
I finished these 2 couple days back. Surprisingly I enjoyed the 2nd installment of 6:20 man The Edge much more than the first one. Debating whether I should read Renée Ballard 4th book (sigh my library doesn’t have the 3rd book) or Stephen King fairy tale. Will report back which one I read next.

This is going to show how little I read 😞 - I'm only familiar with Michael Connelly because of you @blackkitty2014! Is it the storyline / plot that you like about his books? His writing style? 

Amazon keeps offers me his books on discount @itsfi . That’s why you see I finished soo many of his books recently. My local library has lots of his as well 😘

Discounts seem to make a purchase that much better @blackkitty2014!

@blackkitty2014 - Have you tried requesting the book through your library's interlibrary loan?  You can do that even if you borrow books electronically. 

We live in a tiny town so I borrow ebooks via the county library. But that’s a good call @Titian06 . I know the neighbor county is using the same app so I can ask them if I can do that. Thank you. It’s definitely frustrating when a series missing a book or 2. 

@blackkitty2014 - I live in a small town too.  Our library is part of a larger metro library.  I submitted a request through the app; and much to my surprise, the book showed up a few months later!  I hope it works for you too. 🍀  Yea, there are a few books missing out of a couple of different series I've been reading on and off.  I'll ask about them eventually!

951 Replies
testing