Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty
Highlighted

BBFFs! I did something that kind of scares me! (blog alert)

In school I always hated having to write things for assignments, and if you ever told me one day I'd voluntarily decide to try writing anything seriously, I would have laughed so hard I cried. But for the last while I have thought on and off about trying out blogging, it just seemed so out of character for me. Yesterday I finally just went for it! 

It's super basic so far, but I have big dreams Smiley Happy It's called Excessive Color (dot com), since google doesn't know it exists yet, haha. Please take a look if you like and tell me what you think? Or just celebrate with me, it's scary trying something new and out of my comfort zone!

Re: BBFFs! I did something that kind of scares me! (blog alert)

I love you Rikkie!! I think this is fabulous!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, nebel! That means a lot to me Heart

WOO HOO! I'm glad you finally decided to start! 

Can you add a bloglovin button so I can follow you please Smiley Tongue 

For sure, I don't actually follow any blogs except with bookmarks, so it's good to know the kinds of things people want! Smiley Very Happy Yay!

AAAHHHH the blush on the latest post makes me happy!!! I just bought the pink one like it from nordies, now Im lusting after this one...

Hooray for new things, Im going to stay tuned!!

Oooh, what do you think of the pink one? I love them both, but have a purple blush obsession and it seems exclusive to Barneys as far as I can tell, so I wanted to snag it first. 

I am waiting on it, I ordered it online. I will do a swatch as soon as I get it. You should do a post on purple blushes! I have been wanting to try the Anna Sui one.

I like the Anna Sui one a lot, but it's more subtly colored and glowy and as the name states, I like colors that are... excessive sometimes, hahaha. 

Not that subtle is bad! Smiley Happy I'll definitely have to do a purple blush post, or at least swatches until my face is done with the Clarisonic Purge, eek!

I like bold bright excessive colors too, especially eye shadows and since I went a natural brunette shade I just haven't been feeling like it matches. I am going back blonde on monday and will be so happy to embrace my sugarpill palette and all my other pretties I have been missing.... I cant wait on the purple blush post!! 

Is it different? It looks different, but I can't tell if it's just the photo -- the one at Nordies definitely seems pink, but is the one from Barney's truly purple, or is it just the picture? (YSL makes a purpley shade in the Blush Radiance (03) so I'm hoping this one is really purple.) The only thing I can find is a limited edition called Rue de Babylone, but that seems to match the blush at Nordies. Thoughts??

I've seen the pink one in person, and I don't think there's any chance that the purple is just weird lighting. There is a serious lack of information out there though, so I guess someone needs to blog about it once it arrives, huh? Smiley Happy 

This truly comes off on my computer moniter as purple but on the description it says this:  

"Inspried by the pulse of the Paris Rive Gauche streets, this sensual multi pink palette seduces with false vulnerability. The seduction of the heart shape blush is enclosed in a Limited Edition gold jewel-like compact with the signature YSL logo"

Now I dont know what to think

wohoo congrats, I just checked it out, looking great!

Now I want that Pino mask -- I LOVE beeswax smell Smiley Very Happy. hehe

Also, AWESOME about the YSL purple blush, I think I have to go order that immediately from Barneys.  Thanks for the update!

I was planning on shooting you a message! Glad you saw that it's in, I couldn't resist checking back on it ever couple of days, haha.

I can't wait to see what stuff your going to review soon! 

Ohhh and an idea, Please continue to swatch Makeup items, you review. I think that's the best part of Blogs, Being able to see the color! 

Agreed, the pictures on Sephora's site especially can be way off, some things are not true to pan, etc. 

Do you have a suggestion of what to write about next? I have a few more subscription boxes to put up but I didn't want to flood everything at once. Ideas are totally helpful though!

Hmm, Maybe review some of your absolute favorite Makeup items. 

And any new things you may have picked up recently. 

I believe I have a Sephora order coming today, how convenient! Smiley Tongue

Lol, Yes, how very convenient!!! 

I (unofficially) follow starletta's blog too, and I like that she does a Nail of the Day post. So if you have lots of items to catch up on, you could do Eyes on Thursdays, or something like that.

Maybe one day I'd make one myself, but for now, I'm content reading others'!

Ooh, I like the theme of the day idea! Awesome!

That sounds great! Smiley Happy Congrats for taking on a new project -- I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it, and maybe it won't seem like a lot of work. Smiley Happy

As a side note, I LOVE the YSL purple blush! I need it now! Smiley Very Happy

I am hoping it will feel more like sharing with my friends than doing work Smiley Very Happy

Awesome! I agree, swatches are great. And let us follow you Smiley Happy

79 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • where-the-magic-happens.jpg
  • When-Our-Comfort-Zone-Becomes-A-Danger-Zone.png
  • comfort-zone.jpg