Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty
Highlighted

BAD experience at Sephora Saint-Bruno on Boxing Day

I came back from shopping on boxing day a couple minutes ago and I am still in shock about the poor quality customer service I received. I walked in to purchase an eye shadow palette, a perfume and a night cream for a gift for my mom. Today was my first day off in forever and I did not bother fixing my hair or doing any make up. It's that time of the month and I have a couple zits here and there.

I walked into the store with my sister and it was less busy than most of the stores in the mall. I picked up an Urban Decay small eyeshadow palette that was on sale for boxing day and looked at some other sections before moving to the skin care department. As I was looking at the Kate Sommerville collection, a sales associate came and greeted me and asked me if I was looking for products for my ''bad acne''. Ouch. Three zits and you call that acne? I politely said no and kept looking as she asked me if I knew the brand and then I told her that I was just looking, and thanked her. She then continued to be glued right next to me, and I walked away as she was beginning to irritate me.

Two minutes later, she came back and told me to use a basket. I knew I was only bringing two-three products home and did not need a basket to carry them as they were rather small and I already had my iPhone, coat and bag to hold in one hand as I was looking at the creams. I politely declined and she looked at me exasperated and said that she'd leave it on a counter behind me if I changed my mind.

About 5 minutes later, another sales associate comes see me and asks me if I need help. I politely say no and that I am just looking. I prefer to shop on my on and not talk to sales people as my mother has her own taste and I don't know exactly what kind of ingredients or feeling she looks for in products. The SA then tells me that if I have any questions I could come see her. I said thank you and continued looking at the wall of products and reading some labels.

Less than 2 minutes later, a third SA comes see me and tells me to put my palette in the basket. I politely say that I don't need one. She then looks at me and tells me that she is not offering but telling me to do that and it is not my choice to make. As she is next to me, the two other SA are pretending to straighten out some shelves but are clearly listening to our conversation and so are two others at the cash.

The way she said that was so arrogant that I put down my palette in her basket and told her I'd go shop somewhere else as I know that the Bay and Shopper's Drug Mart sells the products I wanted as well. She then follows me to the door and as I leave and says ''yeah you go do that you ugly b*tch''.

I have never been harassed to this point at any Sephora location for the past 5 years that I've been a customer. The beauty industry is booming right now and you have a LOT of competition. I suggest you get your act together. No one deserves to be treated the way I was today. Today marks the end of my days shopping at any of your locations.

Re: BAD experience at Sephora Saint-Bruno on Boxing Day

Ohmigod!  I cannot believe you were treated like that!  I would never go there again!  You need to file a report with Sephora!  That is unacceptable!  I get annoyed when 3 sales associates come up to me in one trip but they are never rude to me or anything and I always just politely say no if I don't need help and I have never had any issues and I am appalled that you were treated so poorly.  Maybe you will find a new favourite sephora location!

oh heeellllllll nooooo. Please please tell me you're going to do something about it

I did e-mail & facebook them. Hopefully this gets taken cared of. 

that's startlingly ridiculous and beyond offensive.  i'd absolute report it to sephora,  i gave sephora a break for a while, and have recently started shopping with them again.  with all the horror stories i've read lately (truly terrible and offensive customer service... not just sales associates having off days), i'm thinking of just sticking with brand websites and the nordstrom's counter.

i'm sorry you had to deal with that kind of treatment!  please consider reporting it to sephora.

That literally made me sick to my stomach... WTH is wrong with females these days? Whether we are working or just going through life, where is the human decency? 

I would never speak to anyone like that, but ESPECIALLY not at a place of business Smiley Sad

I'm sorry you had to deal with that...

I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but it really irks me that you wrote, "WTH is wrong with females these days?"  It's people in general.  This isn't a uniquely female thing.  I hate it when women say things like "I don't like other women because they're catty," because it's misogynistic.  After all, we're women, some of our best friends are women, and you know, our moms are women, too.

You should try to report that kind of behavior while in store. If need be, call the hotline and tell them the name of the store and associates. Nothing will get done unless there are names!

I think the third one was actually the manager or the assistant manager that was in today so I did not bother. 

all the more reason she needs to get fired, sephora does not need someone like that as the face of their bjsiness

I' so sorry you had to endure that disgusting behavior.  Please call the customer service # and give them location, time, and description of the employees involved.  Maybe they will have some decency and take action, at least I can hope.  I wouldn't go back either.

That 3rd SA… THAT 3rd SA!!!! Smiley Surprised

Oh my goshhhh! Reading this post makes me so mad! I'd probably scream at her face if she called me that >"<

I'm so sorry my dear! You don't deserve to be treated in such horrible way Smiley Sad

Sephora should be noticed about this! They are hurting their own business for hiring such people =.=

All I can manage to say is that I am so sorry that you went through that treatment. It is sad when a store that is supposed to assist in making you feel special and radiant has employees who judge and treat people like dirt b/c they are enjoying a day out minus couture dress, airbrushed skin and are au natural. Shame on them and kudos to you for taking action!

Katekova, please call customer service! no one deserves that kind of treatment! Sorry this happened to you Smiley Sad

Sounds like for whatever reason they thought you were stealing, or planning to. Please, please, PLEASE call the customer service line and report your visit today as that kind of behavior is completely unacceptable and someone mostdefinitely  needs to be fired. 

Agreed:  everything but the swearing is typical sales associate behavior whenever they suspect someone of being a (potential) shoplifter.  Not saying you are or were planning to, but something about you set them off, or they just had an experience with someone else stealing and were hypervigilant when you walked in.  

However it's the swearing at you that crosses the line and is completely unacceptable.  Hopefully Sephora will take your concern seriously and address the matter.  I doubt they'll fire anyone, but perhaps they'll address it so it doesn't happen again.

It does appear that for some reason they thought you might want to take some items.  I'd definitely report this to the management or call the corporate office.  Let them know why you won't shop at Sephora going forward.

That is absolutely insane!  Please, please report this, and don't stop until you get the apologies you deserve.

And not that the SAs' behavior would be OK anywhere, but fer cryin' out loud, this is a store that sells, exclusively, luxury items.  How in blazes do *multiple* people like that get hired at such a place??!!

This is horrifying, not just within the context of a customer-salesperson relationship, but a HUMAN-HUMAN one as well. This may sound clichéd, but, SHE is the ugly one, on the inside! My New Year's wish for you is to never have such an awful experience again.

guuurrrlll so glad u reported them....i had to do that many years ago...and well the problem got immediately solved TOO FAST and very much of a satisfaction on my end...my situation was racist, rude, unprofessional and embarrassing( my daughter was with me and was horrified)..the manager knew exactly whom i was talking about before i even had time to finish describing that SA...

cannot believe she said that to you and u had a witness on top of it...gurl u should be owning that sephora when u get thru with that ignorant HO...

Whoa, what in the world....who says that?! Were you able to get her name?

I didn't see a name tag nor asked her. But if the need is, they do have cameras at that location. 

Omg, I'm sorry to hear that. That is completely unacceptable. I hope Sephora will do something about this. Which location was this Sephora at? 

What in the hell?? That's crazy. It doesn't seem real. I believe you of course it's just nuts that it would happen, like it belongs on an episode on Punk'd or something. Are you reporting it?

OMG! I can't believe she said that!  I'm so sorry she treated you that way.  I guess I can understand SA's asking you if you need help... better than them ignoring you and chit chatting while the store is a mess but what she said was out of line!  I'd be calling the hot line and giving them a piece of mind.  wow! 

42 Replies
Conversation Stats