Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

All things Ulta!

I was thinking it would be a nice idea to have an "all things Ulta" thread where we can post deals, GWP's, new products, etc!  It would be easier to find things all in one place, as I know I can't be the only one who stalks the beauty breaks and extra point promos!

Re: All things Ulta!

Hi everyone! I'm a Canadian going to visit Chicago from the 14th to 19th, and I'm dying to check out US only stores such as Ulta, Walgreens, Macy's, Bloomingdale, JCPenney, Barneys, and TJ Maxx (is there anything I'm missing?). My question is, how do I maximize my time and money spent, specifically at Ulta? I have signed up for accounts with these stores, and seeing that I'll only be in the States once this year I made my birthday a week before my departure to hopefully get the Ulta birthday gift (haven't received an email with the coupon code yet tho). I'm interested in the rewards system, but can I do at better than $3 off 100 points redeemed? I also haven't been receiving the GWP codes that the folks over at the Ulta GWP thread are sharing. Anything helps, thank you so much!

I have a question for you ladies. I noticed there is an U...

I have a question for you ladies. I noticed there is an Ulta opening near me. My question is: Is it worth it to go to a grand opening event? (I know there is usually free stuff but is it worth it). Also Is it worth it in general to shop there (rewards, etc)? I'm strictly a Sephora girl at this point (I have family that works at Sephora so I'm a little bias, I will admit). I have only been to Ulta once or twice in my life and wasn't impressed. Customer service was not good and prices didn't seem to be much different then other stores. Thoughts?

Re: I have a question for you ladies. I noticed there is an U...

Personally, I've gone from being Sephora-loyal to being Ulta-loyal over the last two years. I still shop Sephora for a handful of brands I can't get at Ulta, but it's not even close to what I used to spend just a few years ago. As far as the Grand Opening,at ours, they handed out mystery coupons of which most were $10 off your purchase with a few larger $$ ones in the mix. If you can't make it to the opening, I wouldn't sweat it. 

As for being "worth it" you may want to check out the GWP thread to see what types of gifts with purchase and rewards are available and see if they pique your interest. I generally think the GWP available at Ulta are far better than most of the Sephora ones, especially when there are multiple ones you are interested in because you can stack them at Ulta.

And the rewards system is hands down better. Ulta routinely has point multipliers throughout the year, sometimes brand specific and sometimes on all purchases. It's really easy to rack up points. You can then use the points as a "gift certificate" of sorts to purchase whatever merchandise you want. It's important to note the points grow exponentially so it's best to spend them in 2000 increments (as that's where the redemption levels stop). 2000 points = $125. More if you buy with a 20% coupon. And those are much more frequent than Sephora's sales. I receive 20% coupons (that include prestige cosmetics) about every other month from Ulta. Important note, however, points do expire after a year and a quarter if you are not platinum ($450 spend in the calendar year). 

I believe in-store experiences vary widely from store to store. I've never had trouble with mine and it's fairly well kept. Delivery also seems to vary for a lot of people. I almost always receive my items within a few days though. 

Here's the link the GWP group: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWPs/m-p/2570769#M4115

I hope this helps, @Lazybeautybeast

just noticed ulta changed up their website. makes online ordering much easier! (que dangerous-suspense music)

Cross posting with the Too Faced thread Smiley Happy

kandee.png

I love this collection so much

I love this collection so much

I could've sworn we had waaaay more Ulta posts on BT....anywho, my order from 10x the points yesterday came today. Yes, that's right! Less than ONE DAY! AND I didn't pay for rush shipping! I don't know if they opened a new distribution center near me or what, but if Ulta can get their shipping together (& get rid of the ridiculous $50 minimum) they might give Sephora an honest run for their money! 

The majority of Ulta posts are in the "Ulta GWP" thread.

Well I finally made platinum with a salon visit and did it on the last day of the point multiplier. So yay for some extra cash back. And here is the end result:_20161120_000544.JPG

LOVE LOVE LOVE @snoflakefaerie !!

Wow!   That color is super cute on you!  @snoflakefaerie  Excellent choice! 💗

Thank you @Tamara76 @ElleElleG. I was so happy to do it, and over the months it faded to a beautiful rose gold. I'm now in the weird spot where my hair is just bleached and growing. I'm thinking about dyeing it a fun bright color again (purple) but with dark roots or just going back to normal. I figure I should take advantage of this bleached hair while I have it.....

@snoflakefaerie LOL - I didn't even pay attention to the date of your post - must be an old thread.   Rose gold sounds gorgeous, though!

love it!

Ahh wow that is such a pretty color! I am living vicariously though you right now @snoflakefaerie lol. Gorgeous! 

Thanks @Mcakes, it took me 2 years to get the guts to do it, but I'm really excited about it.

cross posting

Just an fyi for Ulta lovers that allegedly Nars is coming to Ulta.  I'm a little surprised but very pleased to hear this.  The salesperson I spoke to said they would be getting their Nars products in the next month. 

I saw the NARS listing on the site last night, all I could see were blushes under "coming soon" but hopefully it's the full line 

Hi folks-

Do you know if I use points to pay for something, do I still accrue points on the items I purchase? I have a 5X multiplier right now for being a member of their rewards program for 13 years and want points, but also have $75 in points to spend. I want my cake and to eat it too! Smiley Wink

You earn points only on actual money spent. If you have $150 in charges (using this amount because I would never redeem at $75) and use $125 in points, you would get $25 in points. Ulta would remove the $125 evenly across the $150, so your points would apply to the $25 divided across all items. If you have multipliers that apply to some items and not others, it is almost better to separate the items with the better multipliers out and place them in a separate order (to get full points on them). If you place them in one large order, you'd only get the 5x multiplier on that item's share of the $25 balance you paid.

57 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • ulta.JPG
  • ulta1.JPG
  • ulta.JPG
  • bagggg.JPG
  • bag.JPG
  • bagg.JPG
  • bah.JPG
  • IT.JPG
  • Ulta.JPG