Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty
Highlighted

All things Ulta!

I was thinking it would be a nice idea to have an "all things Ulta" thread where we can post deals, GWP's, new products, etc!  It would be easier to find things all in one place, as I know I can't be the only one who stalks the beauty breaks and extra point promos!

Re: All things Ulta!

Great idea! Thank you for starting this. I know I've definitely found myself digging through the Deals thread for Ulta news Smiley Happy

Great idea. I have been wanting to get into buying from Ulta more but need tips on how to maximize my bucks. 

Check out their emails for point multipliers and Beauty Steals.  They carry a wide variety of products and send out coupons often.

Waiting to do bigger orders online can be well worth it when it comes to GWP. You can stack them up and get multiple gifts at once. Some are brand specific and some are just general purchases. If you get Ulta emails you can also get emails with gifts that are free with any purchase in store or online. These also can stack in store. I think I once redeemed 3 in one go at my local store because they had been sitting in my email.

Emails will also tell you when there's point multipliers, Beauty steals (usually one day deals that discount particular products), as well as the much beloved 20% off everything coupons.

I get more 20% off coupons here than anyplace else - therefore, I spend too much here!

I look ridiculous carrying out all my body wash on 20% off day... I think I look like a duck. LOL!

You're not the only one.  I like to stock up on Hempz.  I'm running out of space at home!

I always reach platinum here just because they offer so many more deals. And they are good ones. For Urban Decay, Philosophy... just great stuff. 

Does anyone know if the 5x points on Urban Decay is targeted or is for all Platinums? I didn't get an email about it, nor is it listed in my special offers once I sign in, but a lot of people seem to be getting it.

I think it was targeted. I have the offer and I am not Platinum .... yet but I am close.

Ahh, ok. I thought it was all Platinums and I was just missing it. Thanks!

Definitely targeted as I am Platinum and did not get the UD offer, boo!

Sorry you didn't get it! But I'm glad it's not just me - I was beginning to feel a little paranoid! I would have liked the UD one instead of the IT Cosmetics that I did get. Smiley Sad

Same here!

Does anyone ever get coupons that you can use on high end cosmetics for Ulta?  Thanks!

Ulta does on occasion send out the 20% coupons that work for most high ends brands. There's always a couple exclusions though. The other way to get discounts on high end brands is to wait for the 20 Days of Beauty events. If I recall correctly, they do this event twice a year? Each day of the event has nice discounts on specific products, often around 50% off and most are on higher end brands.

Stocking up points is also effective as those can be used on anything. You're better off waiting until you have 2000 points before you use them, as that gets you the best deal on money off ($125). Sounds like a lot, but if you make your purchases when you have point multiplier deals then they can stock up quick!

Today's Beauty Break is a 3-piece It Cosmetics gift with a $50 purchase!

When you check out, be sure to ask the store associate for samples.  They almost always have them, and they are happy to give out fragrance and skincare samples...for free! Smiley Happy

How do you stack coupons when ordering from Ulta online? Or can you? I don't see where you can type in another code after you have redeemed one.  

You can't stack coupons, no. Only GWPs, which don't use codes. So you can't use a 20% off and a $3 off $10 on the same order, but you can add all the GWPs you can find, and then also use a coupon code at the end.

I need a foundation for combination/dry skin...I want moderate coverage with a light feel...any suggestions from Ulta Products?

How are your experiences with either Multidimensional highlighting or KeraStraight at the Ulta Salon? I'd love to hear about any salon experiences, but I'm considering getting one of those two done since I have a 50% off my first visit at an Ulta salon.

I'm having trouble finding reviews online.

Apparently, Ulta gets the new Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass collection first:

Spoiler
Tools, especially hair-care appliances, are charging up sales for retailers such as Ulta Beauty. To keep up with consumer appetite for appliances that do more than just style hair, the fast-growing beauty purveyor will launch a line of exclusive hair styling products from Bio Ionic called GoldPro on Sept. 19.

What separates the GoldPro line from the competitive pack, according to Bio Ionic founder and president Fernando Romero is the lineup’s ability to do double duty — styling and hydration.

Known for its professional grade tools, this represents Bio Ionic’s foray into more affordable hair-care appliances, according to Romero. “I wanted to bring a more affordable line with the same technology as our more expensive products,” explained Romero who has amassed more than 50 years in the salon business advancing from his start at Vidal Sassoon’s Salon in Beverly Hills to a post as president for Salons and Academies in North America for the legendary company.

While his professional products, sold online and in salon-centric doors, retail for as much as $330 for a hair dryer, the new GoldPro hair dryer is priced at $135 while the smoothing and styling iron carries a suggested retail price of $120. Two other items will round out the mix — a curling iron and a styling brush sell for $90 and $18, respectively. The dryer and the smoothing one inch iron are the first to hit stores. The smoothing 1.5-inch iron and curling iron are online items.

“We want to show what a small company can do with a little dryer and a brush,” Romero laughed. Niche, disruptor companies have sent shock waves through other beauty categories such as color cosmetics and he hopes to do the same in tools.

Unlike traditional hair-care appliances; Bio Ionic does not have electric condensers to power up. Instead, the products work upon the principle of a natural mineral complex. The 24-karat Ceramic Mineral Complex yields optimal moisturization and hydration versus the damage many tools on the market incur, Romero said. The Ceramic Mineral Complex releases natural negative ions that miniaturize water molecules to penetrate deep into hair. The 24-karat gold in each tool also ensures even heat distribution. The appliances are especially beneficial for users with colored and textured hair, which is estimated to include 90 percent of the population.

To help introduce GoldPro, Bio Ionic brand manager Eric Romero said the company will perform styling events at Ulta Beauty headquarters, as well as provide in store education in the company’s top five markets. “We want to give them hands on experience with the tools,” he said.

What does this mean?  No more/much less freebies?!

Spoiler
The retailer is refocusing its marketing strategy away from price promotion.

Ulta Chief Executive office Mary Dillon
Ulta Beauty may stock mass products, but it will no longer be taking a mass approach when it comes to marketing.

Speaking at Wednesday’s CEW event, Ulta Beauty’s chief executive officer Mary Dillon regaled the crowd of 600-some people with a tale of one of her early visits to an Ulta Beauty store after being named ceo. “I went to a store on Christmas Eve, and I observed a guest with a big stack of coupons and the customer was, like, ‘Hey, I just want to know — can I use this on this and this on this and this on this?’” Dillon said. “[At the time] I said, ‘We’re not going to be doing this three years from now — we’re not going to be dependent on price promotion.’

Dillon is driving the brand’s marketing efforts away from coupons and print circulars to a mix of digital marketing and television advertising. Ulta Beauty is known for its mix of mass, prestige and salon products, but Dillon wants to steer the brand’s image away from being lumped in with drugstores and grocery stores.

“Someone who shops in a drugstore or grocery store, they’re viewing beauty as more of a routine,” Dillon said. On the other hand, the store’s customers are deemed beauty enthusiasts. “It’s a mind-set, not a demographic.”

Beauty enthusiasts are defined as women who are passionate about trying and learning about beauty products, and are especially interested in what is new and trending — Dillon has zeroed in on Millennials and Hispanic women as key groups that make up the beauty enthusiast base. To capture their attention, Dillon is turning to a digital and social media marketing campaign, which includes tutorials with video bloggers and publishing content on Ulta Beauty’s editorial site, ulta.com/mix. “If she’s researching before she comes in, we need to be there,” Dillon said. “Social media and the influence of bloggers — [because of that] our guests are coming in informed and self-directed.”

45 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • ulta.JPG
  • ulta1.JPG
  • ulta.JPG
  • bagggg.JPG
  • bag.JPG
  • bagg.JPG
  • bah.JPG
  • IT.JPG
  • Ulta.JPG