Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

All My Single Ladies!

Hello my lovely single ladies!

Since there have been a number of posts about what to get your SO for v day I wanted to ask all the single ladies (I know I can't be the only one!) what you are doing for Valentines day and what you are treating yourself to?

Personally I will probably spend the evening in a hot bath with a bottle of my favourite wine and a romance novel or Cosmo magazine.  And I really want to treat myself to this beauty!  It's the Too Faced Sweetheart Perfect Flush Blush in Peach Beach.  It's $38 which is a little much for me normally but I think it is the perfect treat for V day s1578046-main-hero.jpg

Re: All My Single Ladies!

I think I'm going to treat myself to the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette ( I've been eyeing it since it came out and it's chocolate which fits Valentine's Day!) and have dinner and a movie with friends. Something funny or action. 

Oooh that a good idea, I have been eyeing that palette as well, the only shade I don't like is the pink but I love the rest of the palette.  Honestly I just love Too Faced products.  Have you tried the Chocolate or Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzers?  they are to die for!

I've been wanting to try those but it would be pointless to buy them because they won't show up on me (MAC NW45) Smiley Sad  If Too Faced made Dark Chocolate and Extra Dark Chocolate  for dark skin tones for contouring, I'd buy them in a heartbeat! Smiley Happy 

Oh I'm sorry!  I have the opposite problem, I have troubles finding bronzers that are light enough because I am only a shade or 2 darker than porcelain so bronzers are usually way way too dark on me, or they make me orange if I use too much, Too Faced milk chocolate is the only one I have found that I love.

You should email them and tell them to do a Dark Chocolate Soleil bronzer!  That would be awesome!  Then they would have the perfect range of delicious smelling bronzers!

I love Peach Beach! I also have Candy Glow and I love that too!

Thinking about getting the final one during Chic Week.

I am also eyeing candy glow, which do you like better?  I just think they are a good splurge item because they aren't uber practical.

And sorry what is Chic week?

I think they're pretty practical if you wear blush every daySmiley Tongue

Peach Beach is great for a natural looking glow, more of a tan look. I use it for days I'm going for a natural/naked look.

Candy Glow is more pigmented, and shows up a pretty pinched cheek/cold weather flush. It's not overwhelming on my fair skin, but definitely gives color. I use it more for days I want a more rosy/feminine look.

Unhelpfully, I like them both equally! I love Too Faced a lot though, so I don't feel having them both is a waste since I like them both and use them for different reasons. Candy glow does have a set right now that comes with a lip pencil and mascara. 

Chic week is 15% off in April for VIBS and above. I believe someone said it was towards the end of April this year. Smiley Happy

Thank you for enabling me!  I am eyeing that set, it might be worth it, but of course I have to get Peach Beach for the summer Smiley Wink This is why I love BT, you ladies help me spend my money!

Oooh I can't wait for that!  More reasons to expand my makeup collection!

Smiley Very Happy That's what I'm here forSmiley Very Happy 

It's a great cruelty free company to bootSmiley Wink

I like the mascara that came with the set, that's how I picked up candy glow. I'm sure they'll be in stock for chic week, so you can get one now and one later Smiley Wink

I try to only use cruelty free makeup so that is why Too Faced is one of my favourite brands, not to mention their products are awesome!  I really want to try the better than sex mascara which is why I want to get a set that has a mini in, I want to try it before I buy it Smiley Tongue

The only one I probably won't get is something about berry, it's too dark for me but who knows Smiley Tongue

I will have to decide which one I will wait for chic week for Smiley Tongue

I'm a little worried berry will be too dark for me, but Sephora has such a good return policy so why not try I figure Smiley Wink

Tell me how you like it!  Have you tried their bronzers?

I tried one of them, but it was a little too muddy on my porcelain skin Smiley Sad

see my skin is very fair, I'm nearly porcelain (fair beige in Tarte's amazonian clay 12-hour if that helps) and I find that milk chocolate soleil works wonders for me.

Since VD falls  on a Friday this year I will probably gather some single friends and either throw a party at my house, or we will go hit the bars downtown.

Last year most of my friends had plans for the evening, so I stayed at home with wine, movies and new makeup to try out. Lets just say, apparently wine makes me very artistic and creative, haha.

That sounds like a fun idea!  A lot of my friends are paired off already (2 of my colleagues at work just got engaged) so at this point I'm pretty much staying home or going out by myself Smiley Tongue 

That sounds like a very fun and interesting night!  What did you end up with?

@IAmLadyLiterary, I figured that going out by myself would be either depressing or slightly unsafe, so staying at home sounded more reasonable. I ended up trying a thick lined cat-eye that later turned into a silver/purple smoky eye. Oh, and after the second glass I decided to try and put on false eyelashes that I never use (and have no clue how to put on), so that was hilarious. I took some pictures, but I can't seem to find them anymore.

Yeah I agree it's unsafe going out solo, my single guy bff and I may go out together.  That sounds awesome!  If you ever find them private message me!  I would love to see them!

Oh, that sounds like a good idea! I might ask my single friends if they want to do the same! It would be a nice change from my normal V-Days -- bumming around at home and crabbily staring down my Facebook feed where everyone's gushing about how amazing their significant others are. Smiley Tongue 

@dolceloure, I know what you mean. It's like there is nothing else going in the world but the V-Day activities. I have nothing against people sharing their joy and happiness, but it seems as if they only have one day out of an entire year to do it, so they make it count, haha.

42 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • s1578046-main-hero.jpg
  • Nicolas-Cage.jpg
  • tumblr_mhxh81Sfo11rzfcupo1_500_large.png
  • Valentince-card-tumblr_13.png
  • wv1.jpg
  • wv9.jpg
  • wv2.jpg
  • wv8.jpg
  • wv3.jpg