Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŽƒ A Haunting We Will Go โ˜  Halloween elf Exchange (2018)

๐Ÿ‘ป     ๐Ÿ‘ป     ๐Ÿ‘ป     ๐Ÿ‘ป     ๐Ÿ‘ป     ๐Ÿ‘ป

Image result for sugarhai halloween gif
Something's brewing, and it 'll be ghoulishly fun! A wicked good time for everyone...

We're glad that you've decided to join in on the haunting fun!  

Bugs & hisses,
PrettyinPA & ZombieMetroAnt

๐ŸŽƒ Tips, Tricks & Other spooktacular ideas!

Spoiler
๐Ÿ’€ Elfster Tips:

-> Ask questions! Anyone can ask anyone an anonymous question, that will help you get a better idea of likes and dislikes, haves and wants, etc.

->When you purchase something, click "Mark As Purchased." They won't see it, but they might be using the same wishlist for other gift exchanges, so this can prevent them potentially getting the same gift from two different people.

->If you got something for yourself, remove it from your wishlist!

๐ŸŽƒ Shipping suggestions: 

Spoiler
๐Ÿ’€ How to ship abroad/add a customs label while still using online shipping:
1. Creating an account: First, you must create a free account on the USPS website. The paypal.com/shipnow site will not let you create customs forms.
2. Shipping Label: To create the shipping label, you want to use the "Click n Ship" function from the dropdown menu under Mail & Ship. Many of the directions from above are basically the same but the key difference is under, "Where are you sending to?" you will need to use the dropdown menu to select the country of choice.
3. Finishing the Shipping Label:Fill in all the corresponding information until the end of the form including the value of the package. The Canadians on the board may have more to speak to with this but I always kept this amount on the lower side so the recipient doesn't get hit with high customs fee. (average amount I would put would be $10-$20) A great feature is at the end of the page it will give you all your options for shipping. I can tell you on a personal note that when I ship to England I always choose first class international mail and I have never had a problem. Once again, delivery confirmation is thrown in for FREE.
3. Beginning the Customs Form: You will then get to a page that will you through step by step filling in the customs form. The first question will ask you to "Enter Package Information." This is where you can just write this is a gift box for a friend. You do not need to write anything more!
4. Customs Inventory: Next up is, "Enter Item Information." Okay, this one is a little tricky. If you want to itemize, and fill in every single thing in the box, you can. If you only want to do a couple, you can. I've done both over the years and both have been okay. I'm not going to tell you though that it will work every time so ultimately, the decision is up to you. Make sure though that you mark each item a GIFT so that the recipient does not get charged increased fees. Also, and this is IMPORTANT, the total that adds up for the all the items has to be the same total you gave on the previous page for the value of the box. So if you make something worth $1, that's fine! (Again, Canadians speak up hear if I'm wrong but my abroad friends always told me it was better to do this to reduce customs fees for the recipient.) Lastly, each weight of each individual item will need to add up to the to the total weight item, so I've honestly literally made up ratio numbers in the past. (I have never had a problem in years of sending packages)
5. Tarrif Number: Lastly, you do not have a tariff number so leave that blank. Okay, one last thing, choose your AES exemption. I would choose the second one having to do with gifts.
6. Obtaining the Label/Customs Form: The steps following this are similar to the ones from above except that I believe the payment options for USPS may also include credit card options as well as PayPal. Go ahead and print your label which will also contain your completed customs form. (Please note: you may need to sign your customs form before affixing it to your package) On a positive note, YOU STILL SAVE MONEY BY USING THE ONLINE POSTAGE SYSTEM!
7. How to actually ship it:For international packages, my personal advice is yes, bring it to the post office, and yes, actually check it in and get a receipt saying it was checked in by a postal worker. Since many international packages take quite longer than domestic and tend to get delayed at different intervals, you want to make sure that everything is okay when it first enters the system.

Duty Info:
US can receive a gift up to 100 USD. If you send from Canada and mark your gift as 100 you are actually saying it cost you 100 CAD. Today Google converts that to 75.87USD so your recipient should be ok and not pay additional fees.

Canada can receive a gift up to 60 CAD. If you send from the US and mark your gift as 60, you are actually saying it cost you 60 USD. Today Google converts that to 79.08 CAD. So your Canadian friend in this case might pay duties/taxes/fees.

I believe customs will check the rate on the day the item is processed. Seems Canada is at somewhat the same range recently but it does go down a bit. Just things to keep in mind.

๐ŸŽƒ Participants: 

Spoiler
- Anastasiya13
- ClassicallyFab
- CC3616

- darkiceis
- Dyslexia
- gonerogue
- Ispend2much6
- Heartsmyface
- jozkid
- LazyBeautyBeast
- LCResz
- Lipstick4Soul
- luvgloss13
- MCakes
- mermadelove
- MissPuff
- NotCrocker
- OhheyitscindyK
- PaletteAddict99
- prettyinpa
- sabrinas
- Sarahshter
- SpaceLlama
- Tamara76
- Trishavt
- unfungirl
- ZombieMetroAnt

Mix one part Scream with two parts Scare,

a pinch of Fear, a dash of Dare...

and give your elf a Halloween Box Extraordinare!

๐Ÿ‘ป Shipping: our goal is to have boxes delivered by (or before) 10/31.  Boxes being shipped across the border take a bit longer

๐Ÿ‘ป Wish lists: if you haven't already, please update your wishlist on elfster ๐Ÿฌ

Re: ๐ŸŽƒ A Haunting We Will Go โ˜  Halloween elf Exchange (2018)

@CC3616 who hop!!! Canโ€™t wait to see who your lucky Ellfie is!!!! 

Yesssssss!!! LOL can't wait to see!

My package is finally in the mail!  I have another gift coming for my elfkin, but it's coming from UK, so it will get mailed whenever it gets here. Dearest ghoulfriend, I'm so sorry the outside of the box didn't get decorated. I had it on my desk with all the outside decorations in pile, planning to finish it up late this afternoon and pop it in the mail. I had a couple of client meetings outside the office this AM, and when I got back the box was GONE! After I nearly had a heart attack, my co worker told me she saw it all addressed and took it to the Post Office for me with the regular mail. So sweet and thoughtful, but it did mess up my plans. So forgive the lack of spiders and googly eyes, maybe I'll stick them on the other package.

aww that sounds like something that would happen to me!

I have forgotten the card in my past box. Your ghoulfriend will still be so happy to get her box!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Awww - I'm sure your ghoulfriend won't mind the lack of decorations, @prettyinpa!

I need to decorate my package and get it out to the post office soon so my ghoulfriend will receive it on time... which means I may not get to do much decorating, either... I wanted to ship it prior to Sephoria, but time just got away from me... ๐Ÿ˜ž

P.S.  I actually got to witness a live hand-off a Halloween Exchange gift yesterday morning at brunch, but didn't get to see what was inside the bag so I'm dying to find out!!!!! โค๏ธ โค๏ธ โค๏ธ โค๏ธ

@Tamara76- Wow, a live hand off, that must have been awesome. I'd be in tears of joy for the recipient and giver, flood my breakfast and all!

@prettyinpa. I agree with Tams! NO worries about the decorations. Your houlfriend will love whatever you send her!!!

@Tamara76 That is SO cool that you got to witness an in person exchange!!! IT would be so nice to have a large group meet. โค๏ธ

@mermadelove @prettyinpa  @luvgloss13

It really was super special to hang with so many of my BT/BIC sisters last weekend in L.A.!  I'm totally down for a future meetup with y'all!  I really hope Sephoria2019 happens - maybe if we get early notice, we can plan a giant meetup! โค๏ธ

@Tamara76 Depending on where and when Sephora 2019 is I may be able to swing it. Letโ€™s keep it ono the radar!!!

@mermadelove- I'd love a meet up! I feel like so many of the ladies here are my sisters from different mothers.

@prettyinpa @luvgloss13 a meet up in NYC sounds divine!!! Maybe at the Times Square Sephora??? I think the only day soon that I could do it would be in December. 

I am so in for a live meetup with you ladies! We can over take a Sephora! lol

NYC anyone????

I got my package!! Yay!!!! First of all, the packaging is amazing and I feel ashamed that mine isnt nearly as cool!! I have no artistic bone in me, only basic tissue paper lol!!! Heres all the pix! Thank you SO much @Anastasiya13, i love everything and I am thrilled to finally have the naked palette! Ps my kitty also loves her new toys (and the critters you tossed in there) hehe.  And I am going to dig into the pocky asap!!

D403A809-D1F3-443B-96D1-0761EF7A73B2.jpeg

FDCCF90F-265F-4781-AA98-C594A9924DA0.jpeg

3CF52E56-A1EF-47D7-8548-93033EDDEB6E.jpeg

370EBC8B-FD9E-42D6-92E0-92C6AEADDE68.jpeg

3726775D-7905-4FBB-B423-4230F69450B0.jpeg

Your kitty is so cute @sabrinas@Anastasiya13 did a great job decorating and selecting gifts for you and your sweet kitty!

OMG!  ha ha ha ~ even Sylvia got some cat toys Heart  how awesome & thoughtful @Anastasiya13  I love your gift selections, especially the candy treats!  YUM!  Pocky is my fave.  Great job!  Enjoy all your wonderful treats @sabrinas Heart 

@sabrinas, what a great package!  Those Pocky sticks look delicious! Love the packaging - @Anastasiya13 put together such fun and creative box. โค๏ธ  Your kitty is so cute. 

Whose Pocky sticks...Yum!...I'm going to need to find some of those! Fabulous gift! I hope you enjoy everything @sabrinas

@sabrinas Such a cute gift! And I love the expression on your kittyโ€™s face.

OMG ๐Ÿ˜ฎ What a wonderful box @sabrinas Heart Your kitty is just adorable, @Anastasiya13 was so sweet to include something in there just for her! And yay for the Naked palette!! Something I have personally never owned either lol ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@sabrinas chocolate banana pocky?? I've never had that before, awesome find @Anastasiya13 and great decorating too! The spiderwebs are a great touch.

@sabrinas WOohoo! Great box and that is the cutest kitty! All you ladies with these beautiful gray cats ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Chocolate banana pocky!?! What sort of socery is that and where can I get some? Great gifting @Anastasiya13 ๐Ÿ™‚ 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos268
  • happy-halloween-starry-night-pumpkin-jack-o-lantern-animated-gif-image
  • Halloween-GIF-for-Facebook.gif
  • you-say-you-love-pumpkin-spice-everything-6389200.png
  • D5b3nlg
  • 03C6FE21-C2C9-4D26-825C-A075625C59C2.jpeg
  • 830D84B0-AC2F-4A1A-8643-194D3FABE6AE.gif
  • E538B28B-8958-4EAE-82BF-C8B097BA388F.gif
  • 397E36DC-0841-4260-817D-FA5CC95C4BAD.gif
  • tumblr_p4d3p117z81qhy6c9o1_1280