Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŽƒ A Haunting We Will Go โ˜  Halloween elf Exchange (2018)

๐Ÿ‘ป     ๐Ÿ‘ป     ๐Ÿ‘ป     ๐Ÿ‘ป     ๐Ÿ‘ป     ๐Ÿ‘ป

Image result for sugarhai halloween gif
Something's brewing, and it 'll be ghoulishly fun! A wicked good time for everyone...

We're glad that you've decided to join in on the haunting fun!  

Bugs & hisses,
PrettyinPA & ZombieMetroAnt

๐ŸŽƒ Tips, Tricks & Other spooktacular ideas!

Spoiler
๐Ÿ’€ Elfster Tips:

-> Ask questions! Anyone can ask anyone an anonymous question, that will help you get a better idea of likes and dislikes, haves and wants, etc.

->When you purchase something, click "Mark As Purchased." They won't see it, but they might be using the same wishlist for other gift exchanges, so this can prevent them potentially getting the same gift from two different people.

->If you got something for yourself, remove it from your wishlist!

๐ŸŽƒ Shipping suggestions: 

Spoiler
๐Ÿ’€ How to ship abroad/add a customs label while still using online shipping:
1. Creating an account: First, you must create a free account on the USPS website. The paypal.com/shipnow site will not let you create customs forms.
2. Shipping Label: To create the shipping label, you want to use the "Click n Ship" function from the dropdown menu under Mail & Ship. Many of the directions from above are basically the same but the key difference is under, "Where are you sending to?" you will need to use the dropdown menu to select the country of choice.
3. Finishing the Shipping Label:Fill in all the corresponding information until the end of the form including the value of the package. The Canadians on the board may have more to speak to with this but I always kept this amount on the lower side so the recipient doesn't get hit with high customs fee. (average amount I would put would be $10-$20) A great feature is at the end of the page it will give you all your options for shipping. I can tell you on a personal note that when I ship to England I always choose first class international mail and I have never had a problem. Once again, delivery confirmation is thrown in for FREE.
3. Beginning the Customs Form: You will then get to a page that will you through step by step filling in the customs form. The first question will ask you to "Enter Package Information." This is where you can just write this is a gift box for a friend. You do not need to write anything more!
4. Customs Inventory: Next up is, "Enter Item Information." Okay, this one is a little tricky. If you want to itemize, and fill in every single thing in the box, you can. If you only want to do a couple, you can. I've done both over the years and both have been okay. I'm not going to tell you though that it will work every time so ultimately, the decision is up to you. Make sure though that you mark each item a GIFT so that the recipient does not get charged increased fees. Also, and this is IMPORTANT, the total that adds up for the all the items has to be the same total you gave on the previous page for the value of the box. So if you make something worth $1, that's fine! (Again, Canadians speak up hear if I'm wrong but my abroad friends always told me it was better to do this to reduce customs fees for the recipient.) Lastly, each weight of each individual item will need to add up to the to the total weight item, so I've honestly literally made up ratio numbers in the past. (I have never had a problem in years of sending packages)
5. Tarrif Number: Lastly, you do not have a tariff number so leave that blank. Okay, one last thing, choose your AES exemption. I would choose the second one having to do with gifts.
6. Obtaining the Label/Customs Form: The steps following this are similar to the ones from above except that I believe the payment options for USPS may also include credit card options as well as PayPal. Go ahead and print your label which will also contain your completed customs form. (Please note: you may need to sign your customs form before affixing it to your package) On a positive note, YOU STILL SAVE MONEY BY USING THE ONLINE POSTAGE SYSTEM!
7. How to actually ship it:For international packages, my personal advice is yes, bring it to the post office, and yes, actually check it in and get a receipt saying it was checked in by a postal worker. Since many international packages take quite longer than domestic and tend to get delayed at different intervals, you want to make sure that everything is okay when it first enters the system.

Duty Info:
US can receive a gift up to 100 USD. If you send from Canada and mark your gift as 100 you are actually saying it cost you 100 CAD. Today Google converts that to 75.87USD so your recipient should be ok and not pay additional fees.

Canada can receive a gift up to 60 CAD. If you send from the US and mark your gift as 60, you are actually saying it cost you 60 USD. Today Google converts that to 79.08 CAD. So your Canadian friend in this case might pay duties/taxes/fees.

I believe customs will check the rate on the day the item is processed. Seems Canada is at somewhat the same range recently but it does go down a bit. Just things to keep in mind.

๐ŸŽƒ Participants: 

Spoiler
- Anastasiya13
- ClassicallyFab
- CC3616

- darkiceis
- Dyslexia
- gonerogue
- Ispend2much6
- Heartsmyface
- jozkid
- LazyBeautyBeast
- LCResz
- Lipstick4Soul
- luvgloss13
- MCakes
- mermadelove
- MissPuff
- NotCrocker
- OhheyitscindyK
- PaletteAddict99
- prettyinpa
- sabrinas
- Sarahshter
- SpaceLlama
- Tamara76
- Trishavt
- unfungirl
- ZombieMetroAnt

Mix one part Scream with two parts Scare,

a pinch of Fear, a dash of Dare...

and give your elf a Halloween Box Extraordinare!

๐Ÿ‘ป Shipping: our goal is to have boxes delivered by (or before) 10/31.  Boxes being shipped across the border take a bit longer

๐Ÿ‘ป Wish lists: if you haven't already, please update your wishlist on elfster ๐Ÿฌ

Re: ๐ŸŽƒ A Haunting We Will Go โ˜  Halloween elf Exchange (2018)

Well whew! I know, we didn't even get to food it up! Next visit will definitely be longer and more involved! All the drinks, all the food, all the fun @Mcakes!

I was waiting on one last order & it not only arrived late, but cracked ahh noooo!!

@ohheyitscindyk I'm sorry that happened ๐Ÿ˜ž 

@CC3616 I was disappointed it wouldn't arrive with the other gifts, but it'll just be something else my Elfkin can look forward to ๐Ÿ™‚

@ohheyitscindyk  Oh no!  I'm actually having a terrible time with Amazon lately.  Twice in the past three weeks I ordered something, from a third party seller fulfilled by Amazon, that got "lost in the mail."  I don't know what's going on.

@Ispend2much6 That's awful! Did they send you a replacement? For me, my last three packages have been late.

@ohheyitscindyk  They couldn't send a replacement, but gave me a refund.  I'm going to avoid the third party sellers from now on, even if they're covered by Amazon's guarantee.  There's a way sellers can dupe Amazon; it actually happened to my son when he orderd and XBox several years ago.  The price was too good to be true, and I told him not to order it, but he really wanted to.  So, sometimes you have to let them make their own mistakes (and it's hard!)  He was charged for it, but it was shipped to another address- a partner in crime for the seller.  I don't know exactly how it works to the seller's benefit, but the representative said they have seen people do that, or send empty boxes to customers.  I guess the sellers keep the customer's money, Amazon reimburses the customer, and Amazon loses out.

@Ispend2much6 That's awful, I'm sorry. I'll definitely shy away from purchasing from third party sellers. I'd rather pay more for peace of mind.

Oh, that's so sad, @ohheyitscindyk. I hope the seller can make it right.

I'm still waiting on my overseas package and it looks like they loafed about before sending it so I'm not at all sure it will even arrive to me by Halloween. Fortunately it's not breakable.

@prettyinpa The UK package also arrived today (yay!), but thankfully, that one isn't breakable. I was nervous about it because the seller never gave me a tracking number. I hope you get yours soon! This cracked gift was from Amazon, so at least the return process is easy. But a replacement won't arrive in time, so it'll have to be shipped separately ๐Ÿ˜ž

@ohheyitscindyk @prettyinpa. As the queen of sending out extra items late due to rampant impatience, I can promise you that your ghoulfriends will not be one bit upset to ge โ€˜boo-nusโ€™ gifts long after the fact! LOLOL

I have yet to hear of a disappointed Elfee in any gift exchange Iโ€™ve been a part of anyway. So much love, joy and generosity!!! 

@mermadelove Boo-nus gifts haha, love it! Imagine if you had the resources (& shipping was reliable) to do an advent calendar gift exchange- a new gift to open every day!

@ohheyitscindyk-  That's a super idea! Even if it was only for a relatively short time, like a week, that would be awesome!

@ohheyitscindyk LOVE that idea!

I got a shipping notice that my "packages" ???? have shipped just two hours after the UPS guy shows up mysteriously with a package containing two bottles of wine that I didn't order! 

@CC3616 wow! What a great way to start the week! Enjoy the wine ๐Ÿ˜‰ your elfie sounds like sheโ€™s got some great things planned for you!

@CC3616- Maybe your elf was holding back the tracking number so you wouldn't guess who it was ahead of time. 2 bottles of wine, that sounds like a super Halloween party!

I got a shipping notice!!!!!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Does the happy danceDoes the happy dance

The perfect gif @mermadelove!

@jozkid I LOLed when I found it. ๐Ÿ˜ธ

Love the GIF! I am finally done and getting ready to ship ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos268
  • happy-halloween-starry-night-pumpkin-jack-o-lantern-animated-gif-image
  • Halloween-GIF-for-Facebook.gif
  • you-say-you-love-pumpkin-spice-everything-6389200.png
  • D5b3nlg
  • 03C6FE21-C2C9-4D26-825C-A075625C59C2.jpeg
  • 830D84B0-AC2F-4A1A-8643-194D3FABE6AE.gif
  • E538B28B-8958-4EAE-82BF-C8B097BA388F.gif
  • 397E36DC-0841-4260-817D-FA5CC95C4BAD.gif