Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

6 Things You're Good At

Part of my night time ritual is reading various lifestyle blogs before bed. A recent ‘tag’ within the blogging community has been ‘6 things that you’re good at’ which I thought was a most appropriate pick-me-up; especially for discouraging/frustrating days. Below is my list, what are YOU great at? It doesn’t have to be makeup or beauty related either.

1. I’m great at MacGyver-ing and being crafty. This weekend I transformed some old candles into containers for cotton swabs and eyeliners. I’m planning on adding a decorative ceramic figurine to the top of the jars for a more charming touch. My next project is to find some cute nightstands to completely revamp. I want to paint (I was thinking a bright seafoam) and add some cute shabby chic knobs to them.

2. I’m great at finding things online! Rather it’s finding an apartment or researching a particular piece from one of my favorite designers I can usually do a fantastic job of narrowing down what I need.

3. I’m great at planning things. From trips to parties, I really enjoy the entire process of getting things together for a special event.

4. I’m great at recognizing dog and horse breeds! When I was younger I was fairly certain that I wanted to be professional dog and Arabian horse breeder. Every chance I got when I was younger I would research and learn all about dogs and horses. It’s kind of funny, but show me a dog or a horse and I can usually tell you what breed it is; this is especially handy for when my friends want to know what their mutt might be.

5. I’m great at maintaining a healthy lifestyle! Over the last two years I’ve really been making an effort to eat and live healthy. I aim to work out 5 times a week, no longer use ‘toxic’ household cleaners, and avoid processed foods. In doing this I’ve been able to dramatically improve my overall way of living. I aimed to avoid toxic chemicals not just for my health (a lot of products can trigger my asthma), but for the health of my pets too.

6. I’m great at being a good friend. I really value the people I love in my life. I always make myself available for advice, hangouts, etc. I will give the shirt off a friend’s back if they need it.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Re: 6 Things You're Good At

1.  I'm good with animals, and I spend a lot of time with them.  When I visit someone's house, I always ask about their pets and play with them lol.

2.  Creative/Arts and crafts.  If it's creative and artistic, chances are I'll want to try it.  

3.  School.  I've always done well in school, and I always set goals for myself.  However, it would be nice to cash in my Dean's List certificates for actual cash lol.

4.  Organizing.  I like things neat and organized.  After doing some painting around the house, I helped my mom organized some things.  My future students will not have to worry about me losing their homework! lol.

5.  Helpful.  People know they can count on me to help them with things within my abilities.  I can try, but I have no muscles to help with very heavy lifting and whatnot lol.  I help around the house all the time, and I also start my own projects.

6.  I liked how some others pointed this out: being alone.  I'm an only child as well, and it was quite some time before there were other kids around where I live.  I enjoy spending time by myself, and I need it.  I'm not antisocial; I just need some me time.  Lanndan is an only child as well, but he's the opposite.  He can't stand hanging out by himself since there were always kids/friends that lived near him.  

Re: 6 Things You're Good At

1. I'm a people person: as much as I deny it people tend to like me, whether it be because I'm friendly or easy to talk to I'm not sure!

2. I'm a good listener: I can listen for hours if you need me to, just holding your hand for support while you talk, I don't need to hear myself talk, I'd rather someone else get everything off their chest.

3. I love easily: this may sound naïve and foolish but I am quick to love, whether it be friends or relationships, I share all my love that I can.

4. I am gullible: I refuse to see this as a bad thing! I believe people and if they lie to me that's their problem, I have a habit for trusting in people and that's perfectly okay with me.

5. I love to share my makeup knowledge! This might be a little more "shallow" in the grand scheme of things but I love to do this Smiley Happy!!!

6. I love to learn: honestly I have so many hobbies its ridiculous! But I love learning!! It's one of my favorite things about myself.

85 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • swfupload_6795621505548264733.jpg
  • swfupload_1590613151380085753.jpg
  • swfupload_573902824167342985.jpg
  • swfupload_5515767601470723805.jpg
  • swfupload_9109474388420161236.jpg
  • cheese.png
  • swfupload_1873738226239323358.jpg