Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty
Highlighted

5 Fav. Products (Sept. Edition)

i know the month isent over yet, but almost Smiley Tongue

what are 5 items that you've either bought this month or rediscovered this month that your enjoying? & why?

1.) Benefit- Gimme Brow: i think eyebrows are so important, ive been doing the brow powder with the pencil and the wax and idk its so complicated, so i tried this out and i love it! it adds to much to my brows and makes them look so full and tamed its a really amazing product.

2.) Clairsonic Mia 2 (the fresh edition) - Well you guys pretty much enabled me into this one, i tried it, i love it so much, my skin has never been so clean and my pores even feel smaller 

3.) Givinchy Noir 4 in 1 Mascara - i love this mascara, really good for voluminizing

4.) Lady Gaga FAME - i bought this set because it was on sale for $45 with a rollerball, which is a great deal...it smells fruity and i really like this perfume. 

5.) Deborah Lippman Nailpolish Creme - i tried the grey color chasing pavements and its such a pretty fall/winter color i loved it on my nails

Re: 5 Fav. Products (Sept. Edition)

1) & 2) Bite High Pigment Matte Pencil in Chabilis and Amarone- I was looking for a new everyday lip color and fell in love with these instore. I had this girl helping me who wouldn't listen to what I wanted, I didn't want nude or light pink and that was all she would show me which doesnt go with my skin tone at all. Finally this other woman came over and helped me find exactly what I was looking for

3) Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation- I was looking for a full coverage foundation that doesn't budge and I found it. My tan has started to fade though so I'm going to wait a few weeks for it to fade a little more so I can go get this in a different shade.

4) Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in Berry Bliss- this is a perfect fall/winter color of blush for me and I love the texture. I will probably end up buying this blush in more colors later.

5) Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover- I was trying to use up all of the makeup removers I had around my house and I finally finished one of them that I didn't really like so I got to move on to the deluxe sample I had of this old favorite. It's too bad I have so many other makeup removers to use up because after I'm done with them I'm using this exclusively.

My top 5 this month are :

I just love the way my skin feels after I wash and hydrate my face! The smell is so good I actually look forward to washing my face every night.. Before when I felt lazy I would use a wipe to remove it but not anymore Smiley Happy

This is such a steal, Ive literally worn every color in this set and I love them all Smiley Happy such a variety to choose from

Its no secret I was head over heels for my Better than Sex mascara but after recieving this as a sample I actually went and purchased a full size Ive been wearing this one since and I really like the way it leaves my lashes.

I had these in my stash of nail polishes but never really payed much attention to them Im happy to say that for 5.00 a piece these are great and have a gel effect, that lasts for 14 days for sure.

Last but not least I purchased this when it went on sale and I totally forgot about it until I was cleaning out my perfume section, been wearing this for 2 whole weeks now Im really glad I rediscovered it I had forgotten how good it smells. Puts me in a good mood just smelling it Smiley Happy

GOD knows I have a lot of Favorites but for this month these are on top of my list Smiley Happy

I Love Saint I need to buy the full size. I only have the rollerball from the summer favorites set

1. BUXOM Full-On Lip Cream in White Russian - Got this in the Sephora Give Me More Lip Set and it has been my go-to gloss. Perfect nude pink on my lip color/skin tone.
  2. HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light - Great for setting my under eye concealer. Super soft!                              
  3. SEPHORA COLLECTION Precision Pore Cleansing Pad - As someone else had suggested when I was asking about the Sigma Spa Glove, this is a great alternative and over $30 cheaper! Just add a little drop of purifying face cleanser and rub my brushes on it and they have never been cleaner!                                         
  4. FRESH Sugar Lip Treatment - I freakin love the smell of these! Put it on every night and before using a matte lip color. Leaves my lips so soft. I try to get the deluxe minis whenever I can, still have not had to purchase a full size.                             
  5. Beauty Blender - I go back in forth in spurts of favoring my beauty blender and other foundation brushes. Totally loving it again right now, so much so that I think I will be needing a new one soon. Most especially prefer it for blending in undereye concealer and covering blemishes, no foundation/concealer brush can blend them in for me the way this does.                                                           

Omg the hourglass powder is beautiful

I want them allllll now.

1. Illamasqua Skin Base - What a great foundation and totalLy underrated! I barely feel like I have any foundation or makeup on and its buildable coverage. Its also like second skin. It covers uo my freckles and blemishes and makes my skin look flawless yet natural and real. Love!

2. Smashbox Photo set Finishing Powder - Love how it sets my makeup and keeps it air tight throughout the day! I never have to touch up! Which is good because I'm quite lazy to touch up. LOL

3. Too Faced La Creme Lipsticks - I love this line of lipsticks! The colors are natural and diverse and the quality is even more impressive! Keeps my lipsfeeling moisturized and doesnt dry out my lips like modt lip products.

4. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - My go to eyeshadow palette for everyday natural makeup. It's also perfect for traveling! So thin and compact! 

5. Makeup Forever - Pro Finish Powder Foundation - I just love the array or colors and how natural my skin looks when I wear it. 

can i ask you what shade in skin base you are? judging from your pic, you look like the same shade as me. and by any chance do you know your shades in other lines? i found the illamasqua shades very confusing and when i've taken samples home, the shades were not right on me. i am very intrigued by the skin base, though, and would love to purchase.

Hm, i def need to try the illamasqua base

I found some things I absolutely love in September.

1.  White Sandalwood by Nest Fragrances:  This fragrance is warm, sexy, and totally yummy.   The bottle is really beautiful.  It's a great addition for the Fall.

2.  Marc Jacobs Remedy Concealer Pen:  This concealer is as light and thin as a concealer can get but it gives great coverage.  It stays all day and adds brightness without shimmer.  The pen has a great delivery system and the tip is quite cooling.  Don't be alarmed by the fact that you have to click it MANY times to get the product primed.

3.  Marc Jacobs Nail Lacquer in LOLA:  A stunning shade of red that leans slightly to the warm side.  No pink or blue in this shade.  It lasts beautifully through the two weeks I go between manicures. 

4.  Bite Beauty Lipstick in VIB ROUGE:  This gorgeous lipstick has a matte finish that isn't drying and the shade is a very wearable true red that leans slightly warm.   If you are not a Rouge member don't fret-Bite makes beautiful shades of red that are available to everyone.  Pomegranate is absolutely stunning.

5.  Bite Beauty Best Bite Set:  Yes, I do love Bite!  This set contains 4 high Pigment Pencils that are called mini but don't think little sample size.  They come in a great compact tin.  The colors are perfect for Fall and the coming holidays.  Rhubarb is described as plum rose but it has a little warmth and looks great with autumn colors.  Madiera is a nude shade, Quince is berry and Cranberry is well, Cranberry colored. They have a matte finish that is not drying and wears quite well.  At $25 this is definitely something to give as a gift to yourself and someone else.  Smiley Happy

1.  MAC 15 custom eyeshadow palette - Birthday gift from my fiancé.  Totally loving this and wishing I didn't wait so long to get it!  So far I have seen ZERO fall out from these babies and the best pigmentation.  Love.

2.  Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder - Got this as a deluxe sample and had to go get the full size.  It matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't dry out my already desert-like dry skin.

3.  Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in RSVP - I went out and bought this due to a recommendation from a wonderful girl on these boards!  This color is absolutely stunning on my eyes.  When I first bought it, I think I used it for 2 weeks straight.  This one is a keeper!

4.  Fresh Lip Treatment - I finally caved in and bought this lip balm despite the price (a little steep!).  It adds a really lovely color to my lips while also making them feel very moisturized.  The smell is delicious also!  Wish it tasted better though.  Smiley Wink

5.  Korres Greek Yogurt Overnight Facial - I got this 100 pt sample and although I haven't tried it yet, I know I'm going to love it.  I have intensely dry skin and the reviews about this product have been fabulous.  Think I'll have to try this tonight!

That is a beautiful MAC palette.  What colors do you have in it?  I just made a 4-color palette, and I have to say I'm surprised to find I love it too.

1. The Tarte Lipsurgence minis set - I wish these were not just limited edition shades. I think I have found my two favorite Tarte shades ever with the nudes in this set, and everything is wearable.

2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal - Yes, I am already pale and this looks white in the pan, so I was worried it would make me look dead. But this just gives me a glow without shine or shimmer or glitter like I've never had with any other powder.

3. UD Naked Skin Foundation - I can't wear it all the time because I'm a little sensitive to something in it (not to the point of breaking out, but it can be a little bit itchy if I wear it all day), but it is the right color, the right coverage, and the right finish for when I need foundation.

4. Clinique Take the Day Off - Works better than any other makeup remover I've tried. Get lip stains off without getting it all over my face. Even gets off glitter over primer. Love it.

5. UD Eyeliner in Deep End - I just remembered I had it, and it is the perfect accent shade for red hair and/or blue eyes.

I think my hands-down favorite in Sept has to be OCC Lip Tar.  I had a bad run-in with them a couple years ago (before Sephora carried them) and never wanted to try them again, until I got Strumpet in my Give Me More Lip set.  It's true my lips have been less dry this year than normal, so this time around the Lip Tar worked really well for me, enough that I went out and bought a few more!  Love the texture, staying power, and variety of colors!  And who could resist the adorable mini brush?  yaaaay, lip tars!

A close second would be my NARS Voulez Vous palette.  I loooooove the two blushes, they are so pigmented yet blendable!

The Nars Voulez Vous palette has been on my wishlist for a while. How are the eyeshadows in it?

I have to say for me it is the Tarte Lipsurgence in Charmed. I am not a fan of it so much on its own( it comes out too purple on me), but I love applying it on my lips then adding MAC Creme d'nude on top. It is SO moisturizing and together with the MAC CDN it makes a beautiful baby pink!

1 - Dior Diorskin Shimmer Star in Rose Diamond - This is my first powder highlighter and really my first Dior product and I absolutely love it!  Its so pretty and subtle and just georgeous!

2 - Dior 5 color eyeshadow palette in Grege - After I got Rose Diamond, I got on a serious Dior kick and ordered this palette.  I just got it and tried it for the first time today and it is also amazing! 

3 -  Lancome Bi-Facil Doubel Action eye Makeup remover - I got this as a delue sample with an order and I love it so much!  It works really well and has a really nice scent, which reminds me of roses.

4 - Anastasia brow gel - I rediscovered this product this month.  I finally used it again after getting my brows waxed and it really does make a difference and helps keep my brows looking good all day

5 - Tarte Blush in exposed - I got this a while ago, but didn't really fall in love with the color.  I pulled it out this month and I have really been liking it, aspecially paired with the Dior Amber Diamond.  The combo gives a nice, subtle put gorgeous look!

1.) The Sephora Cat Eye brush set. I got this cause it was a good price but I really like it, especially the wonky cat eye brush.

2.) Benefit's The Porefessional, best face primer I have used so far.

3.) UD Lip Junkie gloss in Naked. Yay for a lazy lip that looks good.

4.) Nutra-Nail nail strengthener... I can't remember what exact one this is, but it has Myrrh extract and I got it at the 99 Cent Only store. Its working really well so far.

5.) Milani Eye Primer. I am still testing it, but so far for me its just as good as UDPP and less than half the price. Smiley Very Happy

1. Lancôme Artliner in emerald. LOVE the felt applicator tip. Makes applying liquid liner so easy. It's up there with UD 24/7 for me. 

2. MAC Pro Palette that I filled with some matte neutrals. I couldn't decide on a palette from any of the brands, so I made my own. 

3. Fyrinnae finishing powder in Hollywood Sorcery. I like knowing I can find an economical, beautiful product on a par with the Hourglass ambients (even though I preordered that palette from Barney's...I can't help myself sometimes).

4. Ojon rare blend heat protector for my hair. I don't know why I haven't been using this since before I was born because it's amazing. I felt like the lady in every hair commercial after I used it for the first time the other day. 

5.  And finally...a rediscover. Tarte lipsurgence matte pencil in Fiery. I forgot how pretty it was. Love the non-drying formula and it's a great shade for fall. 

Shiseido Ibuki Spf 18 Day Emulsion

Smashbox Be Legendary lipstick in Primrose (and I normally don't care for natural lip colors, but this is goooorgeous on every person I put this on.)

Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone

Tarte Lights Camera Flashes mascara

Buxom Lip Creme in Kir Royale

1. Lady Gaga Fame perfume - I also bought the set on sale, can't figure out what to do with the tattoo thingy (and I don't even know why I love the smell so much!)

2. Smashbox Limitless 15-hour Wear Cream Sshadow in Stone - a beautiful dark olive green color, doesn't crease for 8 hours without a primer on my super oily eyelids.

3. Dior Addict lipstick in Blush

4. MUFE Aqua Eyes Eye Pencil in 2L

5. This is a rediscovery - Maybelline Great Lash clear mascara. I use it to set my eyebrows in place. Nice and inexpensive.

1. Clarisonic Aria - wow I did not expect such smooth, glowin skin with no irritation, even blackheads are less every day.  Fun to use.

2. Z Palette (filled with new MAC sculpting powders) - More ORGANIZED, less compacts!

3. Algenist Firming and Lifting Retinol Serum - because it's awesome (smoother, even tone, less blackheads, fewer fine lines)

4. Kiehl's Lip Blam #1 - clear, simple, way better than I thought! Doesn't create a cycle where it leaves me DRIER like many 'balms' - I'm looking at you Fresh Smiley Sad.

annnndddd...

5. Silicone-Free Primer!!! BUT I haven't decided on the winner yet... currently wear-testing:

Ardency Inn SF Primer

Ulta SF Primer

Sephora SF Primer

Lorac SF I'm so Sensitive Primer

(Any thoughts on these PM me! lol)

1. Lorac liquid lustre drops (the white gold one) ... loving a sparkly top coat right now

2. Tarte skinny eyeliner in emerald... loving this color right now on the lower lash line

3. Buxom cream shadow in golden retriever. Ok so this is a love hate. Love the color, HATE that it has no staying power. The SA told me "oh yeah it doesn't crease" I couldn't believe it, it creased in lightning speed <1 hour on me. So need it under primer but its one of those lovely bronze colors with a touch of red undertone

4. Maybelline The Falsies - been going through all my high end mascaras and samples and keep comparing it to this (which I decided to try based off a YT recommendation, I think this and the color whispers might be the only drug store products I own!). Wow its great. I love the darkness and multi-lash effect Guerlain Maxi Lash gives me... but I have short lashes. The Falsies really elongates and separates them, kind of sticking them together in bunches (not in a bad way!) making them look like falsies/more define from afar. LOVE.

5. bareMinerals lipstick in Never Say Never - this is the hot pink full size from the give me more lip set. I love bareminerals and they make up a large part of my collection - but I never would have invested in these. This lipstick, sheared out with gloss over it (buxom naturally)... wow, gorgeous!

Oh and I am going to cheat and add the Marc Jacobs blush in obsession. All the reviews I read that said it doesn't show up did not apply to me. Lovely glowing color and lasted longer than any other blush I've tried IMO. Couldn't believe it was still on after a long day at work (since I work at hosp I can't check my make-up or anything during the day so it was very apparent!).

45 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos19
  • SKIN.jpg
  • SAINT.jpg
  • NAILS.jpg
  • MASCARA.jpg
  • LIPS.jpg
  • swfupload_909059844653871089.jpg
  • swfupload_5119156085868968925.jpg
  • swfupload_7241973931363697686.jpg
  • swfupload_1453191542746149017.jpg