Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

3 more weeks

ugh.....

I've been pretty much on the couch for the past 2, nearly three weeks with only two days I felt good enough to venture into the outside world and get some errands done.  Other than that, I'm sick on the couch with constant nausea still, although sometimes it's just in the evening (TODAY is NOT one of those days).  Promethazine doesn't work.  Soda, however, does work.  Unfortunately, you don't want to drink too much, for obvious reasons.  Water doesn't really help, unless it's ice water.  And now I've got another new symptom, one that I wish had decided NOT to show up this time...insomnia.

I haven't gotten much sleep thanks to that, and when I do, it's screwing with my sleeping patterns.  Napping during the day may help me recover some sleep, but doesn't necessarily make up for it.  I've lost count how many days Dan has worked from home so far due to this. 

And I still have THREE MORE WEEKS of this.  At least.  Please God, don't make me have this the whole time!  The overbearing, manipulative MIL that thinks she's going to be in the delivery room and there as soon as the baby's born is BAD ENOUGH.  Dan and my mom will be in the delivery room.  That's IT.  His mom doesn't like that idea because it's not fair.  His mom makes my blood pressure rise.  She also thinks we're going to call as soon as I'm in labor so they can come wait in the waiting room, putting more pressure on me and make me feel uncomfortable.  NOT HAPPENING.  We'll call after the baby's born, any potential complications taken care of, and we've bonded with the baby.  Then we'll call them and tell them when they can visit.  Same with my family.  I WILL tell the nurses not to let anyone in otherwise.  Phones are there for a reason.  Call and ASK...they didn't do this last time when I had the two surgeries, blood transfusions, and came in unannounced, when all I wanted to do was recover and tell them to leave me the hell alone.

Also, who the hell does she think she is that my husband would disregard our wishes and call to tell her anyway?  He's going to be kinda busy with, I don't know, helping me labor?  And if she tries to tell me what to eat and what not to eat, I'm going to scream. 

Re: 3 more weeks

kssweetheart wrote:

@keelybt - I was so surprised and kinda embarrassed, thanks for sending me a note, I feel a little better.Smiley Happy That's pretty funny that shadow names have been censored. It'll be interesting as I'm looking around and coming upon some names and thinking  "holy cow, thats gotta be one!" I wonder if some Nars products have been censored, you know which ones I mean. Thanks keelybt!

No worries! It happens often enough.  Too Faced Label *bleep* eyeshadow is one of them.

Hey keelybt - of course I had to go and check to see if I could figure out what Too Faced shadow got bleeped (stupid), couldn't find it, is it in a palette? It really is a little surprising, some names are pretty racey. My niece loves doing nails & makeup with me and always checks the names, If I get anything like Nars Orgasm  Smiley Surprised  I'll have to make sure she doesn't get her hands on that!!! Cause I'm not even going there with her. Smiley Embarassed  Be Afraid, Be VERY Afraid!!!

kssweetheart wrote:

Hey keelybt - of course I had to go and check to see if I could figure out what Too Faced shadow got bleeped (stupid), couldn't find it, is it in a palette? It really is a little surprising, some names are pretty racey. My niece loves doing nails & makeup with me and always checks the names, If I get anything like Nars Orgasm  Smiley Surprised  I'll have to make sure she doesn't get her hands on that!!! Cause I'm not even going there with her. Smiley Embarassed  Be Afraid, Be VERY Afraid!!!

Actually, the Too Faced one has been discontinued, but someone mentioned it the other day so that is why I thought of it.  It is called Label Wh@re. Another one is Urban Decay Sn@tch eyeshadow. 

@keelybt - OMG - I can't believe they actually had the.....guts...to use those names. Guess they're not really that bad, well, actually, the second one's pretty bad. But it catches your attention! That's pretty funny. I wanted to ask another question, it's kind of about my account, customer service on the phone couldn't really help, thought maybe one of you gals could. Do you want to PM me or can I PM you? Thanks keely.

@Kssweetheart Sure thing! I'll send you a message Smiley Happy

@kssweetheart: I would think that "orgasm" (or even g-spot) would have been purposely removed from the censor since NARS is so popular. I'm sure I have been bleeped a few times! Smiley Happy

hi there waterbaby1981 - It's hard to know what to say, I wish I had words.  I don't know that there's much of anything that can make you feel better, as you mentioned in a previous post. Sorry about your MIL. I agree with dianabt, it's your body, the MIL will have to realize that the most important thing is keeping your stress level as low as possible. Your husband sounds really supportive and while I don't envy the positiion he's in, I think he'll continue to step up and have MIL step back. Hang in there, you know tons of well wishes are always coming. You've popped into my head a number of times in the past few days and I always stop to say a little prayer and send good thoughts to you. You know how when someone calls you that you haven't heard from in a while and were just thinking about and meaning to call? (and it always sounds so lame when you say OMG I was just thinking about you....I always wonder if people believe it when that happens with me) Well, I do think things like that happen a lot, even with someone you don't really know. Each time it's happened in relation to you I've wondered if it's because you were having a bad moment, I like to think that if it was really happening that my thoughts helped you.

A girlfriend & I kept journals recording specific dates and times of a variety of events and when the other came to mind etc. At times we would call each other when we had those 'feelings' and it was very suprising how our thoughts and needs/problems synched up, it was a little eerie, so I really believe in that sort of 'telepathic-ish' stuff.

Hang in, keep venting to us, you know you've gotta get it out and I'm glad you have a great place to do it.  Best of everything waterbaby1981, keep us posted.

Good luck waterbaby. I know when I had my kids I didn't really want anyone in the room with me. It is a totally private manner and decision and your MIL should (hopefully) respect that. I feel sorry for you and all the other horror stories on here!

I also have a sad bunny story, but this one is nature related. We had lots of pet bunnies growing up, I grew up on a farm. One day the barn cats killed them all. Us kids had to clean up the dead bunnies because they were our pets and I thought I found one alive. It ended up being dead and it got blood all down the front of my shirt. I was about 5 years old at the time.

Tags (1)

@glamournut - that's so sad about your bunniesSmiley Sad Especially at 5 years old. I'm glad you didn't have to do the cleanup alone, glad you had help from your sibs (I'm guessing it was your sibs) Trying to find the silver lining isn't always easy. So many of these stories have been really sad, I'm hoping it's therapeutic to get these things out for those who have suffered/are suffering. For those of us who haven't had bad experiences like these hopefully it makes us (ME) more sympathetic and helps us (ME) realize just how lucky we have been and/or currently are. I'm glad you shared.

@waterbaby-  I hope you feel better and get the MIL thing under control. I found with my MIL that I had to treat her like a difficult person and lay out ground rules that were inviolable, then have my husband tell her that it was so. She railed and complained but did understand that I did respect her, but required that she respect me and honor my wishes, even if she didn't like it. It also helps when MIL's have more than 1 grandchild, they can go pester someone else for awhile. One of my friends pitched in for a vacation for her in laws when she was due to give birth (she had scheduled an induction so she knew the exact date), then when they got back from the cruise, surprise, the deed was done. I thought it to be wonderfully sneaky!

When I get nauseated from flus and seasickness, drinking regular Coke, really, really cold (I put it in the freezer until it starts to freeze) calms my stomach well. Diet Coke doesn't seem to work.

wow, I'm surprised by the amount of sad bunny stories everyone seems to have. Yeah, I think my patience with bunny-killing grandma is because I have the good grandma to balance it out. Good grandma actually made me a comforter (everyone who have sat on my bed complimented on how good it feels, and I have to drag one of my friend off my bed, after which no one is allowed to sit on my bed anymore). She even scolded my mom when my mom was scolding me about how messy my room was. =D

And I just remembered, fresh juicy apples helped me when I'm feeling nauseated. I think it have something to do with the tartness and lack of milky/starchy stuff.

@waterbaby: Do you think as your pregnancy progresses, your husband will be able to stand up for you? I can see why he does not want to confront his mother or hurt her feelings, but you both need to be on the same page; you can't be the one left to establish boundaries with your MIL alone. She needs to respect you as a person and as a unit (with her son), and not see you as the aggressor. It's your baby, and it should be between you and your husband to decide who is present for the birth (let alone make decisions on babysitting, etc!). I know it must be very difficult to lay down ground rules with pushy in-laws, but I think now is a good time. Can you also ask her not to share your personal information with the public? I don't care if they're from church or not; it's your privacy, and she is sharing parts of your life with people you may not wish to share them.

Wow, these bunny stories! @diana: I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that you had a bunny that used the litter box...that is amazing!

@beautytester: I can't imagine how traumatizing that must have been! Is it a cultural issue? I know in some people do not view animals as pets -- an animal is an animal, etc.** -- but how awful for you to have to go through that! I'm really glad that your other grandmother is a positive presence in your life! Smiley Happy

(**Before I worked in immigration law (not the government side) for many years, I was surprised at the cultural differences vis-à-vis family pets...I worked with couples applying for marriage visas, and when we prepared them for interviews, I would ask questions like "What do you fight about?" etc. The responses...! One man (the foreign national) was throughly scandalized and disgusted that his wife allowed the dog to be in the house at all -- but particularly that she allowed it around her when she was changing clothes! (I was thinking...it's just a dog!) It honestly made him sick, though -- he strongly believed that a dog should live outside and not be kept as a pet, and not see his wife in any state of undress. It may seem odd to me, but this is the way he grew up and, in his culture, this sentiment was the norm. Needless to say, nothing shocks me anymore!)

@Katie. People in China treat pets as exactly that, pets. They are found of the pets and care about them, but less than a family member. I do not know of anyone that allows pet on the bed, allow their pets to lick them on the face, or share utensils or kitchenwares with human. Big dogs are usually kept outside, small dogs and cats kept inside, and other types confined to a reasonably sized space, either a cage or the balcony. Most people don't cook their pets, and most people are not crazy cat lady or baby talk their pets.

I mean, some culture are conservative, and dogs are one of the smarter animals. So I would've sided with the guy, I would not want a dog or cat or monkey or pig or elephant or ferret or bunny to see me naked. If they might be intelligent, they make noise and they smell things, then I don't want them in my privy life. I would be ok if it's a fish or turtle.

I have found that guys who treat waitresses, their assistants and my pets shabbily turn out invariably to be crummy dating/husband material. They were always self centered and egotistical and eventually treated me poorly too. Needless to say I kicked them to the curb, and I always trust my dog's instincts. If he/she is wary or growls at a guy, he's on his way out!

@prettyinpa -- WORD!!!!!!! Double Hearts to that post!HeartHeart

prettyinpa wrote:

I have found that guys who treat waitresses, their assistants and my pets shabbily turn out invariably to be crummy dating/husband material. They were always self centered and egotistical and eventually treated me poorly too. Needless to say I kicked them to the curb, and I always trust my dog's instincts. If he/she is wary or growls at a guy, he's on his way out!

Well, it seems a problem is that Danny doesn't want to hurt his mother's feelings.  I think I finally got through to him when I actually started listing things and told him it'll be heard if HE tells her rather than me, because if *I* tell her, it won't be nice and it definitely will not be pretty.  He's a sweet, wonderful man, especially with taking care of nauseous me and staying to work from home recently, but he is not a confrontational person by any stretch of the word.  *I* am, though.

Finally got him to see things from my point of view though, so hopefully this will help a lot.  I'm actually just starting to hope this is another boy instead of a girl (I have a good feeling it's a girl too....last time with Alyssa I craved sweets ALL THE TIME and it's same this time around), because if it IS a girl, his mom is going to go nuts.  She had all boys.  Melyssa and the BIL had a boy in August, Hunter.  So you know what's going to happen if it's a girl.

We don't see his parents much although my parents and his both live in the same city as we do.  I can only be grateful for that right now.  The less stress I have, the better for me and baby.  Especially since I'm already stressing about the CVS testing on the 21st as it is.  I just want to get through that and hopefully have positive results that this is a healthy baby. 

11 weeks exactly today.

@katie1724 - I loved your comments to waterbaby, you seem like you have such a calming presence. Your advise was excellent, and suggestions for discussion are worded so diplomatically.

It made me laugh when you mentioned the husband's issues with his wife undressing in view of the dog. It reminded me of when a girlfriend and I were going out one night and went to my house after work to change our clothes. I told her she could go into my sisters room to change (my sister was at work still) I forgot to tell her about my sisters talking Parrot. Smiley SurprisedOOPS! My Bad.Smiley Tongue She came flying out of the room half dressed (my friend, not the bird) I felt bad but it was so funny. I'm not even sure what he said or did, don't remember if he just whistled or said something. It would've freaked me out too. 

We had a ton of fun with Beezer (the bird, not my friend)Smiley Happy

****Funny but VERY telling post script to the story of my friend & Beezer***

I was dating a guy and we came back to the house to change for a night out, he changed in Beezer's room....I mean my sisters room. That bird never said one single solitary thing to him, not even a whistle, nothing. He was never silent in front of anyone (the bird, not my boyfriend) except for that one guy. I think that bird was an excellent judge of character, I should've known something was up after that happened. So although we make jokes about 'bird brains' he had some keen senses. Smiley Very Happy

I'm so happy for you to be so close and pray for the best.  I lived with my boyfriends family for 3 yrs it was crazy.  Have your hubby deal with her, tell him your wishes and make it clear you don't need any aggravation.  One thing I always like when I'm nauseous is Canada Dry mixed with apple juice, or fruit punch (the frozen can variety), try it, it might hit the spot.  I wish the best for you and your baby, hopefully it goes without a hitch.

While I'm not dealing with anything ur going through, I have some problems with my husband and drinking and such...it's hard...and my mother in law drives me crazy. Hang in there...ppl need you. It's always worse elsewhere, and reading ur post broke my heart but I wish u the best.

@makeupobsessed - Hi. What you're going through is so upsetting. I'd like to send you a private message if that's okay with you. If it is okay you can PM me so I'll be sure to see it. I'm not always the greatest at reviewing/finding things. Let me know & hang in there.

Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 72 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors