Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

2018 College Football Championship.. Yes, I did just write that.. LOL!

Hello to all my beautiful Sephora friends. It has been forever since I have created a new post and I felt it was time though I will try keep it short and sweet. 

You might be scratching your head in wonder at the title of this post... "2018 College Football Championship"... yes, I did actually just write that on the real, live, Sephora BIC community board.

The long and short of it is that my heart is weeping because my beloved alma mater, University of Georgia lost the national title game in overtime last night to Alabama. (Sorry to any Alabama fans out there. No hard feelings.) 

Now, you may be saying, still, football?!?! So.. hear me out. I'm a northeasterner by birth, rerouted to the south by chance, and I ended up at the University of Georgia by sheer luck. Not until I went there did I truly understand what "college football culture" was like and those memories will stay with me for a lifetime. And even though I may now live back in the land of snow, my heart still misses dearly sweet tea and southern belles. (among many other things)

So basically, last night, in the final moments of overtime... with all the Georgia fans out there in the world, I too cried when we lost. And all I am saying is... can I have a hug please??? (from all my Sephora friends.. if even you don't understand why.. lol)

And lastly.. to my beloved University of Georgia Bulldog Mascot, "UGA", happier days are still here to come... 

uga sad.jpg

(Thanks for listening guys...)

Re: 2018 College Football Championship.. Yes, I did just write that.. LOL!

Hi @willa25,

I love how you made this thread and I'm already looking forward for college football season to start up again. I graduated from Arizona State (Forks Up, Devils!) and my best college experiences were going to the Pac-12 football games. I'm probably insane for saying this, but I sure do miss watching college football in 110+ degree weather!

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

My brother used to teach there @willa25!

RE: 2018 College Football Championship.. Yes, I did just write that.. LOL!

I’m an Auburn grad but ended up living outside of Athens for over 15 years. I am a HUGE GA Bulldogs fan! I took off work Monday night to be able to watch the game. I needed a nerve pill by the 4th Qtr and by OT I was almost in tears!! SO SAD!!! We had a great season and am so proud of our Dawgs!

@willa25 Football HUGS! Not a college football fan myself (I went to a D3 school and let's just say sports were not our forte...) I'm kind of an insane person when it comes to a particular northeast football team and the losses...oh man, they hit you right there! There's just something about your team giving their all but still losing and I've spent many a close loss curled up on the floor, cursing and bawling.

So hugs all around and may next year bring you and UGA revenge 🙂

Thank you so much, @MissPuff! Here is UGA in all his glory in happier days.

uga happy.gif

And just to add in a bonus.. his "extremely famous" on the field, air conditioned dog house (i'm not kidding by the way, it really is both air coniditioned as well constantly maintained with fresh bags of ice for the beloved pal)

uga doghouse.gif

@willa25 That is one handsome pup 🙂 Living the dream! 

Anonymous Insider

ohhhh @willa25, I'm so sorry.  Here you go...

hug.gif

thank you, my friend.. @Anonymous

giphy

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos5
  • uga sad.jpg
  • hug.gif
  • uga happy.gif
  • uga doghouse.gif