Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ Mermaids & Unicorns ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

I thought since a few BTer's like mermaids, unicorns, cute stuff, iridescent/holographic items... I'd start a thread so we could post all the products (beauty or not) that could fit this category.... even more enabling! hahahaha ๐Ÿ˜„

Share products you find that you think others might like....

Fairies-unicorn-mermaids.jpg

Re: Mermaids & Unicorns

It is very pretty @RoseCharlie but yeah I think somewhat dark to wear on the cheeks if you are pale but yeah would be nice on the eyes ๐Ÿ™‚

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 8.48.58 AM.png

Prism is so me!  I love those shades and the perfect brightness. Oooh!

@veronika23Oooooh imagine if you had the lighter highlighter on your cheekbones and the darker shade on your eyes! I feel like that would be really really pretty ๐Ÿ’•

Oh yeah @RoseCharlie!!!  I was possibly going to get this because there's a promo right now that you get a free liquid highlighter except her shipping to Canada is f-ing ridiculous! 18.99$ USD for a small highlighter that's total BS! I got a small box of stuff from ebay for 9.50$ USD.

Here's the promo

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 8.56.01 AM.png

OMG that's such a cute highlighter! : ) Hehehe tiny skull! But yearh $18.99 USD shipping what gives ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก you would think Canada was on the dark side of the moon with shipping prices like that!  Ooooh ebay - I always look for stuff on Amazon and forget ebay but I should check them out - you were able to get some bitter lace beauty stuff from them?

Btw - totally unrelated gripe sorry but it's the same bloody thing with the LUSH kitchen I always want to buy stuff but the shipping from the UK is like 26 english pounds! I'm not going to buy 20 pounds worth of bath bombs and then 26 pounds for the shipping ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก.  Though I've heard the kitchen now has the option to choose a 10pounds non-tracked, non-registered mail options - like a cheaper russian roulette of mail option lol.

@RoseCharlie  sorry completely missed this post.  No no I bought unrelated stuff from ebay... it was a small box and shipping was 9.50$. So that highlighter is smaller therefore shipping should be at least the same. While it's fun to encourage smaller companies I won't buy if they have ridiculous shipping charges. Usually avoid FedEx and USP.

Most of the time, the stuff I buy from the UK doesn't have tracking. I do get my packages but it can take a while... like 3-4 weeks or more!

@veronika23Oooh that is good to know, re: the UK packages with no tracking, I wondered about that! It's good to hear about someone's experience with that!

@RoseCharlie  yeah I buy my Omorovicza from the UK because the prices are ridiculously lower there.  So I shop places like Cult and Bath & Unwind and sometimes Alyaka.  Just depends on what I'm buying :D. Oh and Beauty Bay has Anna Sui and Illamasqua... no tracking with them too but it gets here eventually.

@veronika23I've never tried the Omorovicza products but when I was gifted a facial at this really beautiful spa last year and the esthetician was raving about their products so they are on my list but I kind of keep forgetting! I love Anna Sui's packaging and I love her scents but I haven't tried much of her stuff... It always looks so cute though!

@RoseCharlie  oh cool! I love Omorovicza's thermal cleansing balm!  By far my fav cleanser. It's like 135$ CAD on Sephora but I got it as part of a set (xmas sets) from Cult / Bath & Unwind for under 70$ CAD. You get the same product + a deluxe size mask and travel size scrub for way less... and Cult has cash back and sometimes sales or you can use the code YOU15 when you fill out your profile... and Bath and Unwind usually has sales too so even less. It's just a bit cheaper at Cult right now so you would get the better deal there with codes and cash back. Just thought I'd share in case you decided to buy. Here's my referral for the UK cash back site if you want.

Spoiler

Oh I love the packing for Anna Sui. This summer she had the most beautiful mermaid packaging!  Look at THIS! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

http://www.atouchofblusher.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Anna-Sui-Summer-2017-Makeup-1.jpg

I'm still mad at myself for not buying that Anna Sui (compact?). I didn't know where I'd put it. It's so perfect, though/ C'est la vie.

Awww ๐Ÿ˜ž @ClassicallyFab  yeah it's compact for her shadows and glosses... kinda like those z palettes.

Thank you so much @veronika23! : ) Oh wow that is a pretty big discount with the value set and -15% code! I will have to check out those websites but I signed up for the cashback website thank you for the referral!   Holy guacamole, that is BEAUTIFUL (the mermaid packaging).  I love her esthetic and imagination, I find it also has a slightly almost kind of vintage feel to it along with something so whimsical/almost kind of magical.  It's hard to put into words but I feel like her packaging and esthetic is so unique and you don't see anything like it anywhere else - at the same time it's very unique to Anna Sui - like a person would likely recognize a piece as hers even if they didn't know it was hers...

@RoseCharlie  it's definitely worth comparing prices between here and the UK! ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah when I saw that I totally freaked out and knew I needed it ๐Ÿ˜„  I have to agree... It does have this vintage/whimsical/magical feel to it. And yeah it is very recognizable to be hers ๐Ÿ™‚

@RoseCharlie @veronika23  I bought the Selfridges Plus for like $50 to get free shipping from the UK for a year because some brands like Clarins are half the price in the UK as they are here in the US!   Also, they sometimes get releases that we don't get or that are already sold out (EL x VB Modern Mercury from Spring 2017, I'm looking at you!!!!)

@Tamara76Wow that's really cool! I didn't know those kinds of deals were available through department stores.  I have kind of an affinity for Selfridge's because I watched a whole television series about them called "Mr. Selfridge" with Jeremy Piven as Mr. Selfridge himself and it was really cool, it started around the year 1890 and covers a period of time that ends shortly after WWII so you get to see all the social changes and how those changes affected fashions and you also get to see how Mr. Selfridge was a bit of a visionary who totally changed the department store industry and culture in London. Sorry - that was a bit of a rant - lol - but I really liked the show.  It wasn't a documentary or anything so you  know - I'm sure there were creative liberties but it was cool.  I'm a history nerd though so maybe it's not as cool as I think it is.  lol.  I just checked out the Selfridge's website and it's true that they have a bunch of beauty packages/sets we don't have here.  Do you find that you get charged additional import duties though? Though I know the US is likely different than Canada when it comes to import taxes/duties... Still curious to know! : )

@RoseCharlie  Wow!   I had no idea that is what the Jeremy Piven series was about!  Now, I'll have to give it a second look! ๐Ÿ™‚

Selfridges has a disclaimer on their site about additional duties, but I have never been charged any.  I don't normally place super huge orders, though. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think I got some Charlotte Tilbury stuff cheaper on their site, too, but NYX is marked way up.

The downside is they have lots of awesome looking candy and booze on their site, but they don't ship those things to the U.S. ๐Ÿ˜ž  Oh - they also don't ship the Dior Gold Nail Polish Liner to the U.S. ๐Ÿ˜ž

@Tamara76Hahaha I noticed the awesome booze and chocolates too and I wanted that stuff so badly! It's a great idea I wish the Bay would do it here! I feel that we, in  Canada, should be allowed to get UK booze and chocolates because after all, the Queen is still, to this day, our head of state technically speaking, according to the 1867 Constitution Act.  Even though her role is in practice filled by a Canadian Governor General I feel like we ought to get some perks all the same. lol.

RE: Mermaids & Unicorns

Diptyque unicorn candle at Saks

Re: RE: Mermaids & Unicorns

Hmmmm now do I get this or not ๐Ÿ˜„

Ahhh ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh ahhh @veronika23!A002392E-E103-4222-A3BD-C8F855653464.png

8,519 Replies
testing