Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

why do my sunglasses leave marks in my make-up?

What am I doing wrong? every time I wear my sunglasses when I take them off you can see where they set in my makeup. I don't use alot at all. I'm new to Sephora so I'm not sure of maybe I'm applying it wrong or missing a step. any advice?

Re: why do my sunglasses leave marks in my make-up?

Four things I do for this: 

1. Make sure you’ve really set the makeup on your nose and under your eyes. I don’t like to bake with setting powder because my under eyes and cheeks are very dry, and baking usually makes it worse. But I’ll do it if I’m going to wear sunglasses most of the day. I might also use a setting spray on top of that for extra lockdown insurance. (For me, Skindinavia is the only spray that actually sets makeup. Other folks swear by Urban Decay All Nighter.) 
  2. Try dusting the underside of your sunglasses with setting powder, wherever your glasses touch your face. If your glasses already fit well, this shouldn’t make them slide way down your nose. If your glasses have adjustable pads at the bridge, dust those with powder. This doesn’t completely prevent marks on my face, but it helps. If there’s a bit of powder on my face when I take off my glasses, I lightly wipe that away with a finger. Usually I use a tinted setting powder for this because I have a deep skin tone.
  3. Carry setting powder and a small sponge or brush with you for touch ups. This is how I use most double-ended brushes that come with eyeshadow palettes, if one end is a fairly fluffy crease brush. Those work pretty well for dusting more powder on my nose and under my eyes. 
  4. Also carry a concealer with you. Since I don’t use concealer as a highlighter, I carry one that’s a close match to my skin tone. I can spot-treat with it throughout the day as needed. If my sunglasses really put a noticeable dent in my makeup and powder alone won’t fix it, I dab on a teeny bit of concealer to patch things up—and then of course set it with powder. 

And as the other commenters have said: make sure your sunglasses fit you well. If they’re too tight, nothing will prevent marks in your makeup. 

Hope some of this helps! 

Anonymous Insider

Re: why do my sunglasses leave marks in my make-up?

Hi there, Yeah, I agree with you @. Nowadays the large size of sunglasses are available at different useful resources like City Sunglass(https://citysunglass.com), Amazon that sell wholesale designer sunglasses in bulk. By wearing the large size of wholesale sunglasses, maximum area near eyes get covered by sunglasses and also you can buy wholesale sunglasses in bulk, as buying in bulk will give you a choice.

why do my sunglasses leave marks in my make-up?

The sunglasses might be sitting too tight on your face? I get marks sometimes on the bridge of my nose, but I can usually fix those with a dab of powder. If you get marks on your temples from the arms, I'd suggest trying a different style of sunglasses where they don't lie flush against your face.
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing