Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

#thatawkwardmoment #atsephora

Thought I'd start a non-makeup thread on those times inside a Sephora store when we've unknowingly been placed on the spot -- and possibly blushing every shade of pink one could imagine.

-During a recent trip, the employee who rang me up practically yelled, "You have XXXX points!!! Would you like to redeem anything from our display?" Needless to say, everyone standing around the register turned to look at me, and I could see the wheels turning in their heads as to how much I've spent. Clearly they've missed the memo that 4X points was a few months prior and that I'm a points hoarder.

-One pushy (borderline getting on my nerves) MUA asked which UD or YSL eyeshadow I had on, since the color was extremely vibrant and glittery on my eyes. It was neither but, in fact, a L'oreal Infallible. The plus side was that I was able to shop in peace after telling her that Smiley Very Happy

Share away, folks!

Re: #thatawkwardmoment #atsephora

I Love this thread! Can't wait to read others Smiley Happy I ordered the Kat Von D Spellbinding palette and returned it because the colors were just completely wrong for me. The guy that took my return was really nice about it and we were talking about the palette and how popular it was, etc. Then about two weeks later, my daughter told me she wanted it for Christmas. So, without really thinking about it, I went back to my local Sephora and got the KVD palette. When I got to checkout...guess who checked me out? He said, "Change your mind?" with a smile. I told him it was for my daughter for Christmas, but I don't think he believed me. I'm sure I was overthinking it, but I felt so tacky :/

Times like that when you wish people didn't have such sharp memories! lol

When you go into the store with little to no makeup on for whatever reason the the SAs look at you like "Ugh she's a total bushpig and she obviously doesn't wear much makeup, don't want to assist her". This tactic has actually worked well for me because then they leave me alone to shop in peace. They do give me weird looks when I'm swatching away like a mad woman. 

I get a bit magpie-eyed when I go into the stores. I'm so dazzled by all the colors and sparkles everywhere I get a bit overwhelmed. 

I'm also a total points hoarder. I love perfume minis and want to get some of the current points perks but I'm paranoid that if I use all my points for them they'll come out with some awesome promotion in January that I wish I'd saved my points for. Yes. I'm crazy. Smiley Happy

Don't forget to flash them your Rouge card on your way out! Smiley Very Happy

On a completely different note, whenever I see your avatar, I always think of the new Stila Metal Foil in emerald. So pretty and oh-so-sparkly!

Ooh that color is really close. Pretty and definitely sparkly. Smiley Happy

"Bushpig" just made me snort out loud!

Yah, kids have such bad timing. I can truly sympathize I hope your daughter enjoys it.

Had a pushy SA helping me, who wasn't taking any hints that I wasn't looking for help. Finally (and i do mean finally) she walked away, came back a few minutes later and said "So what did you decide on?!" looked in my basket and said "oh, nothing i see" and gave me a disgusted look. I looked her dead in the eye and said "judgmental much? I'll pick something when I'm ready. You can go now." I don't think she expected that response, shut her up really quickly. I'm sorry, I'm not here to shop on your schedule, especially when you just asked me 3 minutes ago the same question.

Then there was another time when I got asked if I needed help 7 times (7 times!) in a 2 minute span. Finally i said, "it amazes me how many times I get asked that in this store" the girl was like ... oh... Her I did feel bad and I apologized right away I was like 'no, no, it's good customer service, I just got asked that a lot right now, I think you're overstaffed today" then laughed awkwardly and smiled apologetically.

With her attitude, you'd think she's working off of commission! Way to give it back to her Smiley Happy

Dayuuuuuuuuuum dawg!  That's ballsy!  The "you can go now" is borderline too much, though.  Smiley Happy

One time my sister called me out on the fact that I'd already been to a different Sephora earlier that day in front of two cast members.  I turned brigghhht red.  Oops. 

I know who the makeup lover in the family is! Smiley Happy

- im standing in an empty sijcp store at the register and had just realized it had been empty the entire time i had been browsing

- i realized as with most of my online accounts i had only used the first three letters of first and last name at sign up and the woman is looking at me strange when im spelling out my very long , very african last name  to find my card

- standing my ground until i got a red rouge card which meant staring down a s.a. that was lying to me when i could clearly see red cards in the drawer she had gotten my silver one from

- wondering if a s.a. was truly playing keepaway when she was handing baskets to everyone else coming through the entrance but not me , i got one when i "accidentally dropped " my rouge card , after which i dropped the basket and loudly decided i was going to the other jcpenneys sephora plus they give samples ... very childish but i was in a mood

That reminds me. In the past, when you could search people's full names on BT from their username, I had changed my Sephora account name to Poshified and had completely forgotten about it. Fast forward a couple months, I opted to have my receipt emailed to me, and the employee goes, "Okay....ummm... Poshified.... can you verify your information on the screen."

*crawls under the table*

hahahahaha!

Same here about the Rouge perk! Any time there's an instore promo, half the time the SA have no idea what I was talking about and told me it's online or have to call someone over while the line gets longer behind me. =(

When I asked about the Rouge mirror, the SA looked at me like I was speaking a different language. I also believe he was the assistant manager. :-\

Whoa. I think a manager (or regional manager) would want to know this stuff. That's uncalled for!

I sometimes take a while to find my Sephora card, since I have way to many cards in my wallet. But then they ask me for my email, since they can look up my account that way... Unfortunately the email I give to stores was the one I made when I was in grade 4, needless to say it's pretty juvenile. I try to avoid giving it when I can Smiley Happy

Ha! I actually changed my BI email for the same reason when I started hitting VIB.

I've wanted to change it, but with people having issues getting emails, I'm a little paranoid of changing the email.

Haha now that I look back at it, I did have some crazy usernames back in the day!

I think my old email was like pink_princess_4eva@hotmail.com or something like that. And then I "grew up" and changed it to a variation of mrs.jonathan.taylor.thomas@aol.com... I was so mature back then huh???

omg hysterical!! hahahahhaa

148 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • shuturmouth.gif
  • upload_3542284362536911648.jpg
  • aqc8S2.gif
  • upload_7863431130707835056.jpg
  • image.jpg