cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|
Anonymous Insider

please help me out, i desperately need it :/

i need help. i have been breaking out so badly recently with small, flesh-colored bumps that turn red or irritated when i even slightly rub them. my first question is, does anyone know what these could be? secondly, i believe maybe my moisturizer or toner may be causing these breakouts. my moisturizer is the 'palmers coconut water facial moisturizer', and after doing more research on combo skin, i discovered that coconut is not good for my skin type. as a toner, i've been using 'dickinson witch hazel' which i also found out was bad for my skin type... see my issue here? please, pleasee help a girl out. it's ruining my self esteem and i start school in 3 weeks :(. anyone have any affordable/semi-affordable suggestions for toners, serums, moisturizers, masks, etc?

Re: please help me out, i desperately need it :/

@deliahanson do you exfoliate at your skin at all? A gentle exfoliator that's pretty easy to use is the Pixi Beauty Glow Peel pads - they sell them at Target, or on their website. Just make sure you follow the instructions. The peel pads will help with those bumps greatly and quickly. Also investing in a good cleanser and an SPF is a must. A good cheap cleanser is Cetaphil Daily cleanser (also sold at Target, Walmart, etc). Also I know a lot of people like Aveno positively radiant sheer daily moisturizer with SPF (again also available at stores previously mentioned as well as Ulta). I've heard some good things about the Neutrogena hyrdro boost line as well as a nighttime cream.  I've listed things to help with combination skin. As far as toners I really like Pixi for a budget - you may want to look at their Rose line to help give yourself some moisture without added bad oils to the skin (they also sell sheet masks that are AMAZING). A good cheap serum is The Ordinary's buffet. It's easy to use, and since you're in school it's also quick one and done kind of serum. I listed somewhat easy-on-the-wallet  options so I hope this helps! THE ORDINARY -

Anonymous Insider

thank you girlie. i don't often exfoliate which is an iss...

thank you girlie. i don't often exfoliate which is an issue lol, i just can't see to find a good exfoliant for my skin. everything breaks me out or leaves me feeling dry and too clean. would you reccomend a physical or chemical exfoliant?

Re: please help me out, i desperately need it :/

I had a similar problem. I really recommend these: The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

A must for gentle acne defeat. This cleared up my stubborn years of breakouts in a few weeks with a huge improvement within a week. I use it twice daily. Squalane is an amazing moisturizer for acneic skin The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL

and The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL

is an AMAZING mask to get your skin healing. Hope this helps! I know these products are a game-changer for me. I actually feel like I have control over my complexion again. 

Anonymous Insider

thank you so much ! i was actually looking into the ordin...

thank you so much ! i was actually looking into the ordinary's skincare line, i just want my skin to clear up 😩
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos3
testing