Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

kinda ok w makeup, i need some advice babys

what are some tips/ good makeup brands or ur favorite?

Re: kinda ok w makeup, i need some advice babys

Some great brands to start out with are Urban Decay, Too Faced, and Pretty Vulgar! Their products are easy to use. Other brands like ABH or KVD require a little bit of experience just because their products are so pigmented it takes some skill to handle them. 

RE: kinda ok w makeup, i need some advice babys

When I was starting with makeup, there were a few things that I felt were beneficial to have. I bought a small, neutral (basic colors with only a few glitters) eyeshadow pallet. This allowed me to start practicing different eyeshadow looks and get the hang of blending eyeshadows together. I also recommend an eyebrow pencil/dipbrow and start to learn how to fill in your eyebrows. The brows really do frame the face, so even if you’re not wearing any other makeup that day, doing something as simple as filling in your eyebrows can go a long way. You don’t have to have perfectly sculpted brows everyday, either. Find the right eyebrow shape for your face and work from there. I also recommend getting a great foundation primer. They range from very expensive to not very expensive at all. Find one that works within your budget and use it before applying your foundation. It really helps extend the wear time of your foundation. A good setting spray also keeps your makeup from budging allll day. I personally use the setting spray by Kat Von D and my makeup has survived working all day and then going out all night with minimum touch ups throughout the day. When you become comfortable with the basics, you can start branching out to contouring, highlights, bolder eyeshadows.

Re: kinda ok w makeup, i need some advice babys

Ok so I'm kinda new at makeup,but i have a few good makeup brands.So one cheaper one that has good quality is bhcosmetics and i know people don't like morphe bc of the promo codes but the Jacylin Hill palette is good.Bh cosmetics also has good brushes and I'm considering buying some morphe ones and the sephora brushes are good too.But when you are doing your makeup make sure to blend and add color slowly because you van always add color but you can't take it away.It's always fun to just experiment and ALWAYS PRACTICE,because practice makes perfect.If you hold the brush closer to the end you'll have more control and closer to the actual tip you have little less control.Hope this helps

-Lucy

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing