Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential

kat von d ludwig and bow n arrow

how do these compare in the liquid lipsticks? im very fair skinned

Re: kat von d ludwig and bow n arrow

@WyattAva23

I have to disagree with @SportyGirly125

Ludwig on the site looks completely different then it looks in person. It's quite brown/nude with very little pink undertones. 

Ludwig is more pinkier than Bow and Arrow.  Bow and Arrow has more of a mauve tone to it.  Bone and Arrow is slighlty darker than Ludwig. 

I think both would look great on fair skin.

I agree that it depends on your natural lip color when you wear any lipstick or lipgloss.   The color can look different on every person. The only way to find out is to get a sample of it or try it in store. I know Sephora had Ludwig as a promo code. 

Here are pictures from Temptaliaโ€™s website. 

LudwigLudwig

Bow and ArrowBow and Arrow

Ludwig doesnโ€™t look like that on me at all, the photo you shared looks more like how Lolita looks on me @SportyGirly125. On my fair skin, ludwig looks more like a nude brown with a mauve undertone. Itโ€™s interesting how a colour can look so different on each person! I find the ELL to be a little tricky that way, the different skin undertones seem to pull out different shades ๐Ÿ˜Š

I misplaced Bow N Arrow so I canโ€™t accurately depict how that looks on fair skin. 

I only woke up an hour ago, and I have no other makeup on โ˜•๏ธ But hereโ€™s how Ludwig looks on me @WyattAva23 

6964BA44-CB95-4EC3-A322-23E671C65A1E.jpeg

Natural light swatch of LudwigNatural light swatch of Ludwig

Dang girl! For only awaking up an hour ago you look great! Do you use an overnight eye mask?? 

@WyattAva23 To piggy back off what @bakeamuffin said though, these sorts of shades really do pull from your naturally coloring and dry down looking different on everyone, and it's not just KVDs liquid lipsticks. I find ColourPop, Too Faced Melted Mattes, and Stila Stay All Day do the same thing. If you can go in store to swatch, it would be best. You were wondering about SC dupe for one of these shades too, right? Looking for a good dupe should done in person as well. 

I don't own either of these ELL shades, but I own 3 others in the "nude" range, Lolita, Lolita 2, and Hawkwind, including a couple of pinks, and the undertone really does pull different on me than what is swatched. 

I hope you find an ELL shade you love! It is a great formula.

@alexasteph youโ€™re so sweet, thank you @alexasteph! I actually do a gentle massage around my eyes each night using DE Marula oil, it really helps with my skin dryness and seems be keeping the area plump as well ๐Ÿ˜Š

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos4
  • Ludwig
  • Bow and Arrow
  • 6964BA44-CB95-4EC3-A322-23E671C65A1E.jpeg
  • Natural light swatch of Ludwig
testing