Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

best primer for long-lasting makeup

Hello All, I have normal to dry skin that is slightly sensitive however throughout the day it gets a little bit oily in certain areas. However whenever I apply my makeup which is always in the morning I have normal to dry skin.  I am looking for a primer that keeps my foundation and face base lasting for a long time. I have tried the murad invisblur, POREfessional,  dr.brandt pores no more, smashbox pore minimzing primer, Too faced hangover primer, and smashbox photofinish primer (not the water one). I have had no luck with any of these primers they make my makeup look cakey and make my skin feel tight and slightly dry and they have my foundation cling to dry patches. My ideal primer is something that keeps me hydrated and not feeling oily later in the day and keeps my face makeup on all day( I usually wear makeup for 8 hours day for when I am at work)!! Thank you!!

RE: best primer for long-lasting makeup

I find myself in a similar position as you and have tried a couple of approaches to this.. Josie Maran makes a really nice primer that is moisturizing. I use that on days when I feel more dry or my skin is looking dry and I’ve found that if I use that with makeup forever matte foundation- I really only need to *maybe* use a blotting paper later- sometimes I use cover fx powder set in/touch up again quickly. I like the urban decay spray primer for my general every day primer and usually use makeup forever ultra hd I set it with their setting spray- if I need any touching up later I Blot or I use a clean makeup brush or sponge and dab my face and use cover fx to re set.

Re: best primer for long-lasting makeup

@blackhead123 Hi, did you find a primer that you like? I would love to know. 

I am in search for primer that will help minimize the look of pores and texture under make-up for me.  I used to think I have dry skin, recently realized 😄 that I have a combo but dehydrated skin (hence large pores). 

@blackhead123  I recommend checking out the following post for several great recommendations:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Complexion-Club/How-Do-You-Prime-and-Set/m-p/2918702#M354

My favorite is Timeless Smoothing Primer...its so amazing!  It fills in pores and keeps the skin matte for a while

thank you 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing