Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

best natural finish full-coverage foundation

Hello All, I have normal to dry skin whenever I apply makeup but my skin gets a little oily throughout the day and I have slightly sensitive skin. I am looking for a full-coverage foundation that doesn't look cakey and unnatural but looks like skin. Something that covers my pimples and blemishes but looks like skin. (I usually wear my makeup for 8 hours everyday when I go to work)Thank you!!

Re: best natural finish full-coverage foundation

Hey I am in the exact same boat as you; I love full coverage and want to cover absolutely every imperfection on my face while also avoiding to bring out any dryness or flakiness. I just posted this in another thread but I thought I would share my experience with dry skin and finding the right foundation with you! I have relatively dry skin and find that the YSL Touche Eclat foundation is fantastic! It is a bit pricy but I find that it provides amazing coverage while also maintaining a healthy skin balance. As with any foundation, I apply this with a damp beauty blender and dab it on while avoiding making any swiping or side-to-side motions, as this will cause micro-exfoliation and thus further aggravate dry patches! It is important, however, to moisturize with a trusted moisturizer (I prefer either the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation moisturizer or the Neutrogena Hydro boost gel-cream moisturizer for extra-dry skin which is the creamier version of the normal Neutrogena Hydro boost water gel). I enjoy these moisturizers because they absorb quickly into your skin and don't leave your face feeling super tacky or oily. This is also a huge plus in the morning because it makes it easier and quicker to then apply a good primer and then your foundation! I would recommend moisturizing every morning and night after gently cleansing your face to establish a good balance. Another good foundation that I have found for drier skin is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. This foundation has a radiant finish which is ideal for dry skin and has a medium coverage, but is also buildable so you can definitely make it more full coverage if you would like! The foundation that I am currently enjoying is the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation because I have been very into super full coverage foundations recently and although I have had relatively normal/mildly dry skin recently, I find that this foundation doesn't dry me out one bit and has a slightly matte/radiant finish so it gives you that nice glow without being overwhelming (which I found with the Josie Maran Vibrancy foundation where I felt like an oil-slick). I hope this helps you out a bit and good luck finding your go-to foundation! 🙂 

Omg you need to try Estee Lauder Double Wear...it lasts 15+ hrs! When I get ready for work around 6am, I use this foundation and I don't get oily until about 5pm/6pm. Even then, its the tiniest bit of oil on the sides of my nose and the foundation still looks amazing.

@ShandyR Have you tried it with water, like swimming or extreme heat? and Does it transfer on your clothes? 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing