Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Your oldest cosmetic item!

i was just pondering to myself how long my cosmetics are likely to physically last me after a brief discussion on the 30 day blush challenge thread.

i know with proper care your blushes and pressed powders can and will last a very long time, but my knowledge is based on my own experience of only three years.   Greenchili made a joke about blushes lasting up to fifteen years based on the rate they're being used up.

It got me wondering how long others' makeup has actually lasted them.  What's your oldest cosmetic item?  Do you still use it or does it carry sentimental value? 

My oldest makeup is my naked2 palette, too faced candlelight glow, and benefit fine one one sheer cheek colour and nars Pago pago.  These items are what remain from my first sephora shopping trip in 2011. I had no idea what to buy so the SA just walked me around and put stuff in my cart for me!  Lol!  They all seem fine still and look clean and new save for a little use.  I take very good care of my things and keep them at a constant temperature and sanitize them after use.  

Lol, does fifteen years really happen?  

Re: Your oldest cosmetic item!

Hi Diana- You could use it in a project! Resin art is pretty easy and using shimmer/confetti glitter in it is a super way to make a statement piece. Or be that person to spray adhesive holiday cards and sprinkle the shimmer powder on it. Smiley Very Happy Glitterbomb their mailbox!

Aw, hold onto it long enough and the trend is bound to come back!  

For now, you can try mixing it with foundation for a dewier look.   I've been applying benefit high beam under my foundation to give me a bit of a glow.  It gets mixed in beautifully by the brush by the time I've blended my foundation into my skin.   The result is subtle I promise!  I think I would premix a powder into a liquid foundation to avoid blotchiness.

oooh that's a great idea heartsmyface! Smiley Happy I'll have to try mixing it- we all know this dull weather giving me dull skin could USE some extra shine to my face! 

TheSocialQuota thats a good idea too! I mailed my friend a card full of glitter, I should have added that instead hahaha

@roseps135 oh wow is it?? LOL its never ending!!!  I'll have to take a photo to share cuz its honestly SO pretty but.. i cant use it now! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I'm totally ashamed that I have one of my very first MAC lipsticks laying around.  It's more for sentimental reasons that its still around, I know I cant use it (16+ years old?!) but something about it, I cant bring myself to toss it.  It is in the old packaging & still has the sticker on the bottom, clear as day... but it has a funky "old lipstick" smell that I wouldn't let anywhere near my face.

xo, Mia

I still have what is left of my wedding lipstick from 1997 - it was Guerlain LTD Strawberry, and even today it tastes of Strawberry, though I no longer use it really, so I guess it's a keepsake Smiley Happy

Now we're talking!  😛 what colour?  

I have a Club Monaco lipstick. The one Monica Lewinsky made popular. It was my first Sephora purchase.

Oh wait...I just remembered I still have some Avon products from the 70's. I don't use them, but I kept them for sentimental reasons and because the cases were so cute.

OMG!  We used to collect the tiny Avon lipstick samples my grandma didn't want.  My sister may still have a few!

My oldest cosmetic item is my original urban decay book of shadows palette ( the very first one ever made). Everything else is pretty new. It was a gift from my dad and yes, I still use it. It holds one of my very favorite eyeshadows ( absinthe) that is discontinued and I havent been able to find an exact match yet. Its heavily hit pan on, but I will use that absinthe color until its completely gone. The palette hasnt changed in color or texture at all and they still perform just as good or better than my newest urban decay palette.

I have some loose Bare Minerals and their accompanying brushes from 2005/2006. I don't think they've gone bad...but other than setting/finishing powders, I know I have gotten away from loose pigments. Mineral veil forever, but everything else is just a meh mess.

loose pigments are just accidents waiting to happen imo.  I get so nervous when they're open! 

I have about 10 eye pencils from around the year 2000 (which is when I was 29 and finally discovered eye makeup); they still look as though they would work okay, *if* I'd ever worked out how to actually use them! Smiley Wink

I am having a hard time with eye makeup!! I've managed basic eye shadow and mascara, but anything more involved than that, forget about it. Eyeliner is out of the question.

Apparently there is a huge need for lessons here!  I am just starting to get it but I need some help with technique, and not from a video.  I need it live!  

I think my oldest product is a limited ed. purple/lavender gloss by MAC. I had to finally had to toss it out because, it was not smelling so good!

<3 Melissa

Awwwwwww,  I remember this thread!  I was just updating my profile and went through my old subscriptions.  I can't believe I subscribed to my own thread, or is that something that happens automatically?  

A Mac lipstick from my sisters wedding in 2001. I don't use it but I can't trash it either.

I feel like my eyelash curler is probably the grossest biohazard. 🙊

I found a couple of Skinmarket eyeshadows I had stashed away recently! From around 1999/2000, I think?

The company doesn't exist anymore, but they had SUCH fun eyeshadow colors! I ended up throwing them out, they were all completely shattered and just collecting dust.

The nailpolish I wore at my wedding in 1986. And yup, it still works! (Don't ask me how)Smiley Happy