Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Your obsessions… things you can’t resist.

What is it that you can't resist buying? Makeup? Nail Polish? Skin Care? Maybe it’s a specific product like blush or lipstick, or even a specific color or brand.  What do you have plenty of yet keep buying? What are you obsessed with?

I can't resist coral or nude/beige lipsticks.  I also can't resist buying blue/green shadows... actually shadows in general are my weakness. MAC is definitely a weakness for me and now so is Viseart! I also have a weakness for silver jewelry.

Re: Your obsessions… things you can’t resist.

Brushes. I have a huge obsession with brushes. Up until 6 months ago I was obsessed with buying palettes. As of these past few months all I buy is makeup brushes with a small bit of actual makeup. Chikuhodo, Koyudo, Kihitsu, Hakuhodo, Houkodou, Koyomo, Wayne Goss, Surratt, Suqqu, MUFE, Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, Artis, and others. It sounds pathetic but just petting my brushes can make me feel instantly relaxed. 

Why must there be so many different brushes. I just go weak in the knees when I see another new to me brand. 

well @Cahlee I'm not going to tell you to check out spectrum collections brushes... especially with a restock of their most popular brushes coming up 😉

Coral lipsticks, dark red/burgundy lipsticks, red/burgundy eyeshadows, shades of nail polish I don't have, and sets of minis that are a good value, especially for skincare.

I also really love things in luxe or especially well-designed packaging, but those are easier to resist because they tend to have a higher price/object. I can resist a $60+ compact a lot easier than I can resist a $26 lipstick or a $12 bottle of polish.

Plum and Orange shades of eyeshadow.  I have a dark complexion and those colors look good o me.

I just bought my first viseart palette and it's a dream on my lids.  I'm hoping there will be some good sales like last year.

Coral colored shirts I have so many different styles but coral calls my name.

Liquid lipsticks!  I love being able to apply my lipstick just 2x per day!  BeautyBakerie is currently my all time fave!

PAD THAI I used to be able to get it freshly made by a lovely Thai lady when I lived in the South, but now I live in a small town in the NE I have to travel an HOUR to get some and it's not nearly as good.  Anytime I travel I always look up the best Thai restaurant.  

I'm a bit crazed about good Phò too.

Add Sushi to that list too, after living in Japan I miss it so much!

Beauty related:

-Lip colors, specifically shades with "mauve," "dusty," or "rose" in the distribution. I also love buying true reds and blue reds, but I can't bring myself to wear them often enough!

-Body butters. I love Josie Maran and The Body Shop.

-Laura Geller value sets from Ulta or QVC. Her kits are the best! I ordered the most recent TSV on Auto-Delivery it arrived yesterday. I already can't wait for the next shipment in July.

Other:

-Scarves! Especially from Target. I am helpless against their powers!

-Anything Union Jack/London themed.

-Peppermint oil. That stuff is the thing of miracles.

Spicy seaweed

Udon

Charlotte Tilbury "Veruschka Mink"

Marc Jacobs Fineliner "Blacquer"

Adventure Time

Special Edition Dr. Martens (Marceline, Kaboom)

Jolt jeggings

Mansur Gavriel bucket

Spirithoods!   image.jpg

hmmm @heartsmyface I did a thing... you know... the thing with the thing.... yeah 😄

Awesome!  @heartsmyface was this the one sent in the email this week?

Love! I need one! Btw..you totally match all the colorful Tokidoki pics on the main page preview!!! You're like a rainbow spirit unicorno!!

@Randell Just you wait til I get my unicorn spirithood!!!   Hehehe!   I'm so excited!  

Yeah😜 it just came in the mail today!   No customs in this one this time:).   Twilight sparkle I had to have mailed to the U.S. so it'll take a while longer to arrive. 

wow! that was fast! awesome! how was shipping? I also really liked the pastel one that was in the email with this one.

Oh yeesh, I don't remember!   

Fairbear!   It was sold out by the time I looked so Magicbear became the obvious next choice.  

well at least no duties! so that's good. I am still debating on rainbow dash lol if only the exchange rate was better.

The exchange rate is brutal.  I try not to think about it with collector items I can't get here.  

Is rainbowdash worth your next five blushes to you?  Lol, sometimes it helps to think in makeup currency.  

hahahaha yeah! true!

Beauty Related:    

• Powder Blush (I own triple digits of them).  
  • Jo Malone Fragrances  
  • Liquid lipsticks(I'm trying to find the best formula on the market).   

Other:  

• Silk Scarves 
  • Antique books/etchings on marine biology/sea monsters
  • Anything cephalopod related
  • Loose leaf tea
  • Shoes that cost as much as my rent

I would love to see pics of those etchings of sea monsters! Love!

Request: Sephora..please carry Jo Malone!!

Skincare kits. I think I own one from every skincare line. There's a couple from Perricone that I have my eye on and I bought every Algenist kit from Ulta,

Korean skincare. I have no problem with a 12 step system. 

I just love skincare!!

More Tokidoki obsessions (inspired by @infamousp) They recently did a Tokidoki x Lesportsac with 4 prints. The one in the pic is Fioritura. I think the Tokidoki site still has some. And they have great sales all the time!

Also Jujube collabs with them about 3-4x per year. Here' a few of my FAV prints....Fairytella, Sea Amo (mermaids!) and a Tokidoki x Hello Kitty!

image.jpg

And make up related....I wish Sephora would collab with Tokidoki again!!image.jpg

10 Replies