Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Your obsessions… things you can’t resist.

What is it that you can't resist buying? Makeup? Nail Polish? Skin Care? Maybe it’s a specific product like blush or lipstick, or even a specific color or brand.  What do you have plenty of yet keep buying? What are you obsessed with?

I can't resist coral or nude/beige lipsticks.  I also can't resist buying blue/green shadows... actually shadows in general are my weakness. MAC is definitely a weakness for me and now so is Viseart! I also have a weakness for silver jewelry.

Re: Your obsessions… things you can’t resist.

@guzelkiz What is a good highlighter to start off with?

@lilshopper1 It really depends on two things: 1) formula -powder, cream, or liquid and 2) matte, super shimmery, or toned shimmery.  But my favorite starter ones are: Benefit Dandelion Shy Beam (liquid, Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight is a great one for everday, the ColourPop ones are amazing, and the Laura Geller Swirled ones.  These are all very user friendly and look fantastic.

Oh highlighter guru.  We bow down to your shininess!   

Why thank you, @heartsmyface ! 

Eyeshadow palettes. I do more or less the same eye look every day so I have NO business owning as many as I do, especially since they're all mostly neutral.

Nail polish. Up until recently I stuck to strictly pinks and reds, only wore it occasionally, and if I repainted, did not do so until the previous color had chipped into oblivion. Now I change colors at least twice a week.

Lipsticks. They are by far my biggest weakness. I'm particularly a sucker for high-end ones in pretty packaging. I'd never be able to bring myself to save up for and splurge on, say, a pair of Louboutin pumps or a Givenchy bag, but I must have all the lipsticks.

I'm slowly developing a NARS blush problem, and it's all @jemly's fault.

Never say never.   The makeup is like a gateway drug.  

Louboutin pumps ❤️ My favorite high-end shoes brand. Nothing I've tried so far from the similar price range that's as attractive (to me, anyway) and as well-made as Louboutin. but same here, I love lipsticks too.....

Lip products. In anything. 😉

Beautiful packaging, limited editions, and sales/discounts/promos are my weaknesses. 😞

Eyeshadow, highlighters and liquid lipsticks. 

-pink highlighters! i find they look best on my skin tone and pink is my favorite color (passionately so), therefore I'm pretty sucked in to buying anything pink in general 

-liquid lipsticks! they're my fave

-french macarons! no bakeries around me have them so when I do see them somewhere I NEED to buy them. i also neeeed to buy anything with macarons on it, the macaron lip balms, Lush bubbleroons lol

-drugstore mascaras and foundations... I need to stop hoarding them

-anything Disney

There this place about 30 minutes away from me an I love their macarons. My favorite is salted caramel and they use actual caramel instead of the regular cream filling. SO GOOD. 

that sounds absolutely heavenly! salted caramel is one of my faves too but i've never had one like that! pleeease take a lil drive to get macarons soon in my honor hahaa 😄 

@elenamarie11 I love macarons, too!  So pretty (and yummy - I like rose the best)!

rose.jpg

they truly are so cute! i've never had the pleasure of trying a rose one but i bet they're delicious! i love rose anything 🙂

Yum! Laduree are the best, especially the salted caramel. I may have booked log layovers at heathrow just to go into London to buy some macarons 🙂

also pink highlighters rock! My new love too

ahhh I would just die for some from Laduree, I've never tried them! 

Pink highlighters are so beautiful so I totally I feel you

Nude lipsticks, duochrome anything, and if it says LE I'm sucked right in, I'm looking at you MAC !! 

-Duo-chromes & glitter. And, palettes...especially if it has duo-chromes and glitter.  

-If you can use the words magical, mermaid, iridescent or purple to describe it.

-Cotton Candy, Carmel Apples...butterscotch anything.

-Boots. Thigh high to ankle...cowboy or Ugg. I need them ALL!

-Disney, especially Kawaii Disney

And my biggest weakness...Tsum Tsums....I cannot resist!

@Randell I love the  "If you can use the words magical, mermaid, iridescent or purple to describe it."  I love almost anything magical mermaid iridescent  too 🙂

3 Replies